The Rant Box

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    It is indeed odd lol

I had to giggle at the news this morning though. Saw a picture of 3 people fighting over a 50 odd inch TV in tescos!! It was comical, they were yanking at the box in all diff directions like kids playing pass the parcel haha.

Sounds like Tescos had a nightmare and had to call for police assistance in several of their stores. I read of a few assaults and people refusing to take no for an answer when told an item was out of stock and refusing to leave!!!

Kind of sums up the UK nowadays!!!

I can just vision all the Chavs in Tescos :)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Britain the 51st state :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I've seen Seagulls act less insane :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    It's a f**king disgrace!! I saw YouTube footage that reminded me of the riots from a couple of years ago. The difference this time is it was sanctioned, promoted and encouraged by a store empire free for all! Tesco and ASDA should be fined for inciting threats to domestic peace.

I can't remember the last time I was sickened by the behaviour of fellow British citizens. Oh yeah, the aforementioned riots!

The Government has a lot to answer for, and this is the latest example of out of touch MPs ignorant of a society that can turn on itself for the sake of a television on the cheap. New political parties would help, but a general election would be a start. The rules of behaviour are too lax. Adolescent criminals who have offended more than once, should be treated as full fledged adult criminals if they behave in such a manner. I am seriously beginning to think compulsory conscription to boot camps should be reintroduced for all school leavers who have had ANY trouble with the police for a two year period. Regardless of gender or upbringing. I am sick and tired of the bad manners, lack of respect, unaccounted crime, and broken politics. I also tired by this circus routine which is the limit!

To my American friends I ask - do people behave like this in the States on this "Black Day" thing?
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    I'd vote for you TB2 {[]
    In modern Britain the young thug who hit the old lady
    with a hammer. Is just as much a victim as she is ! :s
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    10615445_972570416090845_801440957351907329_n.jpg?oh=da002d25f81a3c0f8730e363eed8b34f&oe=550BA832

This sums it up ....
    I'm liking the black outfit Lady Rose ! :)
    it's crazy :#
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,606Chief of Staff
    Retailers are shafting the British public again - and we seem to love it !

Retailers shift old/crap stock at 25% off now rather than at 50% off in the New Year sales...and people are too stupid to see that !
    YNWA 97
    I heard a comedian tonight saying .....
    " Britain, land of Low morals but High def TVs " :))
    Only thought of this today.
    The Conservatives wrap themselves in the flag and patriotism, but on
    Thinking about it. With their push for privatisation selling off.
    Power, water, Rover cars etc.
    ALL now in foreign hands, most power and water companies are French
    Owned, same with Railways. Selling off BAE, led to the demise of Rover cars !
    An odd form of patriotism, nothing owned by British firms. :#
    Britain is a sinking Ship :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    :# Sometimes I feel so sad, to think of what Britain once was
    To the state, the politicians ( of all sides) have reduced her to.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    We've made the same mistake privatizing electricity.
    Result is that we are paying far higher inflated rates ( hey these loans must be oaid somehow) and the market is dominated by 4 big players.
    Some communities are buying back now for 5- fold of the price from 15 years ago.

Electricity, water and traffic belong into public hands. Period.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    What's the average Price in Germany for Electricity, Gas, etc?
    I really belive that some things should be owned by the country
    I.E. Water, Power, Transport. We even see now that Royal mail
    Don't want to deliver letters to the islands of Scotland etc as it's
    Uneconomical for them as they're now privately owned ! Where
    When they were publicly owned all letters had to be delivered !
    It also really bugs me they still use " Royal" in there name !
    Sorry, I seem to be angry all the time ! :))
    Royal Mail will rarely deliver Mail to our Flat itself, they normally just dump it inside the Front Door along with everyone else's. When I have large Parcels in the Post, I normally use the Address of my Mum and Stepdads House as it's less Hassle that way -{
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Yeah, more state ownership.

So more things can be run by those knowledgeable, ever-reliable politicians... :p
    What's the average Price in Germany for Electricity, Gas, etc?

We are paying EUR 0,28.--/kw/h plus around 8 Euros/ month.

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I really belive that some things should be owned by the country
    I.E. Water, Power, Transport. We even see now that Royal mail
    Don't want to deliver letters to the islands of Scotland etc as it's
    Uneconomical for them as they're now privately owned ! Where
    When they were publicly owned all letters had to be delivered !
    It also really bugs me they still use " Royal" in there name !
    Sorry, I seem to be angry all the time ! :))

Actually I'm not against privitising per se. Trains are rubbish who ever is running them. Royal Mail I'm not bothered about because that has been run into the ground anyway and been pretty dreadful the last few years ( though they should still deliver to anywhere in the UK regardless) ... Utilities however should definitely be under government control.
    I don't have any answers, just a feeling that Britain is changing
    And not for the better ! :#
    UK Trains are rather outdated compared to those in Mainland Europe :#
    indeed, I am sometimes asking myself if they are importing outfleeted waggons from India :D

:)) :))
    On Have I got news for you, they told of the German test rails
    that were too good. So had to be beaten with hammers etc
    to get them Down to the British standard ! :))
    And the few Drunks here and there :))
    Hey! Leave the staff alone ! :))
    my rant for today: E.ON!!!

E.ON is the largest and nastiest of the 4 german energy companies.
    They are running 9 nuclear reactors here and since 2000 (privatization of the energy sector) milked profits heavily from that business.
    They are the ones who are mainly responisble for the price hikes since then.

They heavily sponsored the conservative parties in order to stay with nuclear energy - that became obsolete after Fukushima - when the german government decided to turn around and stop nuclear power.

Ever since they have tried to turn that decision - last year they "generously" offered to return the nuclear stations to the german public including the reserves that they had to keep by law. That has been rejected.

Yesterday E.On came up with their new plans which are even more naughty: They split the company into

"New E.ON": They focus on new services and energy
    "Old E.ON": These will keep the nuclear stations and the reserves.

The mentioned reserves are EUR 14.5 billion Euros, but at the time of the privatization, the reserves from the public predecessors have been 22.4 billion Euros!
    The destruction of a single powerplant is estimated above 2 billion Euros/each and that does not include the storage of nuclear waste.

Now, being the prophet that I am - let's have a look in the future:
    The powerstations will be built back, it will turn out that the 2 billion/each limit was not realistic and the cost for the nuclear waste will skyrocket.

"Old E.ON" will go bankrupt and now guess who will pay for the remaining work and waste?

THE TAXPAYER!!! X-( X-( X-(

Now you guys may ask: "What does this have to do with my country?"
    You'll see that this will be done in other nations step by step and an additional lesson will be how expensive nuclear power REALLY is at the end!

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    All these energy companies make a massive profit yet raise prices year on year. E.ON is also active in the uk but receive poor customer satisfaction ratings.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    stag wrote:
    I bet they hardly pay any tax too!

Now that you've mentioned it stag:

They've paid exactly EUR 1.600 tax last year - in Luxemburg.

I am not speaking about millions! It's onethousandsixhundred!

Same old story with these huge companies, who pay
    Nothing in taxes :#