The Rant Box

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,816MI6 Agent
    ;% Good point

Please enlighten me if former presidents can be made accountable for what they did in Office ?:)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Only my opinion but the powers that be always seem to give past Presidents
    Immunity from prosecution, or an automatic pardon, just as they have now
    with those in charge of the torture programme.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Read in the Evening standard last night ,that a young lady escaped with her life, after being rammed in her car from behind
    and being wedged underneath the trailer of an articulated lorry (semi to our US guys) .Any how the vehicle, that did the ramming, was a tipper truck!!.Now is it me, or is it every time ,some one is killed or injured on the streets of London ,a
    tipper truck is involved . 8-)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Another classic AS Rant -{ If it's not the State of Fry ups these Days, it's something else.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Only my opinion but the powers that be always seem to give past Presidents
    Immunity from prosecution, or an automatic pardon, just as they have now
    with those in charge of the torture programme.

I think Nixon was pardoned by Ford for the Watergate scandal.
    The torture story coming out of America has taught me
    Something new, an expression I never expected to hear
    On BBC radio 4, " An*l Feeding" :o. Never even knew that
    Existed.
    People in power, never really have to pay for their crimes.
    Their mates, always find loop holes, to explain their actions
    And down grade them to minor actions, perfectly justified.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    " An*l Feeding" :o. Never even knew that
    Existed.

Oh come on - we all know how you are spending your weekends :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    :)) :)) :)) Heston Blumenthal, will be showing us
    Recipes for it, for Christmas. :))
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Would it be unwise to google that while I'm at work?
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    :)) :)) :))
    Speaking of all things toilet, last night my daughter bought her Guinea Pig a
    Toilet, said guinea pig later used it, so we were all called in to watch. :))
    As I quipped, Entertainment doesn't come any better than this, four people
    Gathered around to watch a guinea pig pee in a bucket ! :))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    :o :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    It it really smart to show the kids the christmas roast in the "alive stage"? :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    :)) no way, The dog is for Christmas Lunch ! :))
    The torture story coming out of America has taught me
    Something new, an expression I never expected to hear
    On BBC radio 4, " An*l Feeding" :o. Never even knew that
    Existed.
    People in power, never really have to pay for their crimes.
    Their mates, always find loop holes, to explain their actions
    And down grade them to minor actions, perfectly justified.

Well some do end up in prison, such as leaders from the civil war in the Balkans. The danger of getting imprisoned isn't great, but it's there. Here is an interesting map. Members of the International Criminal Court, non-signattory countries and non ratifying countries. The non-signatory nations are pure dictatorships, countries that don't really bother pretending they care about human rights. For some reason India is in this group.

The non-ratified are those who try to at least pay human rights lip service, but don't care enough to be a member: Russia, Egypt, Iran and ........ USA.

863px-ICC_member_states.svg.png
    So much for Superman's
    " Truth, Justice and the American way ?" ;)
    So much for Superman's
    " Truth, Justice and the American way ?" ;)
    Remember Lois' response to him though: "You're gonna wind up fighting every elected official in this country!"
    :)) true. :#
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Sad to see how little of the Middle East is represented here.

I wasn't aware of the International Criminal Court so looked it up on Wiki. Interesting that all of the official investigations so far are of African countries... Surely there must be some other deserving nations too...
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,402Chief of Staff
    Watched part of tonight's "Question Time". Russell Brand is an unmitigated *%^£!!... oh, the filters won't let me use the appropriate term, but it refers to a part of the human body not unconnected with waste disposal.
    Barbel wrote:
    Watched part of tonight's "Question Time". Russell Brand is an unmitigated *%^£!!... oh, the filters won't let me use the appropriate term, but it refers to a part of the human body not unconnected with waste disposal.
    Barbel, the reason I like Brand is that he's a sort of balance to the Fascist/Capitalist mentality- he's as wrong, but in the opposite direction. More parts of the human body not unconnected with waste disposal on that side of the fence can be useful in nonsensical political discussion IMO.

Like Kirk said in Star Trek VI, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.
    Monster Raving Looney ! Only way to go ! :))
    :)) very true, both of you.
    Ah to.... yesterday's rant;

A big. Red. Truck.

The long suffering mrs geff was working til 6 the other night. The 10 miles or so into my tin-pot piss-bucket of a city usually takes about 25mins if traffic is ok. So, dutifully I set off at half five, micro securely fastened in her seat and fired up the jaaaag toot sweet to retrieve the mrs from the daily onslaught of purgatory.

A pootle through the back roads goes well, until I join the 'bypass'. I use the term as loosely as Mily Silage terms herself 'talented' or Kim kardashian terms herself 'clothed' because the bypass seems to do anything but bypass anything. In fact it's a magnet for jams, it's so bad that I'm suprised the local council haven't instigated a pay and display system for it.

So I think I have a nifty plan to bypass the bypass... and I end up in car park traffic. I then turn around and with head bowed, embarrassingly rejoin the queue of traffic I so smugly turned off from half an hour earlier, muttering 'so long, suckers' as I did so.

I then queue some more. And crawl, and stop and start. Everywhere I go, or look it's nose to arse traffic at a stand still. What the hell is going on??!

Well, I'll tell you what was going on.

In the middle of my 1 trick pony tin craphouse of a city there is a square. A square so tiny that with a favourable wind and a full bladder you could probably piss from one side to t'other. Someone had the bright idea of planting a big stupid red advert, otherwise known as the coca cola truck.

This 60ft long traffic magnet shamefully visits towns and cities about the land to spread festive che... Hang on who am I kidding? It's a sodding 20 ton coke ad that attracts stupid **** nutters and invites them to have their picture taken with it.

Yes, that's right, people were queuing in traffic for hours, and even arriving an hour after the 'event' had closed to have their picture taken with a truck. And it doesn't even look like the one used on the advert!!

Oh but you do get a free tiny tin of coke for your efforts.

So after sitting amongst these fecking plebs trying to go gurn at the large crimson artic, I eventually collect the mrs and returned home 2 whole sodding fecking bastard shitty hours later.

Oh and I saw Russell brand on bbc's question time tonight and yes, it's official, he's a **** bellendy wendy, and he can stick his booky wookies up his rusty sheriffs badge.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    Oh and I saw Russell brand on bbc's question time tonight and yes, it's official, he's a **** bellendy wendy, and he can stick his booky wookies up his rusty sheriffs badge.

:)) thank you!
    I thought he made some interesting and insightful observations ... No sorry
    I can't keep a straight face typing :)) he's a prat !
    I'm just so sick of these celebrity 'I'm really one of you guys' bastards.

He's not 'one of us', he doesn't worry where the next meal comes from, or if he can heat his home over the winter months, he can afford to live off his interest and apparently even dodges taxes, just like the people he 'campaigns' against.

When asked if he'd consider standing for election he replied he wouldn't as he 'didn't want to become one of them'.

Is Mr Brand really interested in making a difference to the lives of the working class and poor communities or is he really just upping his social presence and enjoying an inflated amount of publicity in the process?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    I'm just so sick of these celebrity 'I'm really one of you guys' bastards.
    Well, they ARE us. Just disconnected & with more means.
    :D
    And living on a different planet ! :))
    And living on a different planet ! :))
    Uranus?
    With lots of klingons to be sure.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    The Bloke that lives in the Flat below us has gone on Holiday and he must have forgot to switch his Alarm Clock off, because there is this constant Beeping thats been going non-stop for the last few Days X-( The Neighbors are being driven mad as well :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger