He's a complete Hypocrite.
    I'd say he's an incomplete hypocrite. :D
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Apparently he's going to be a panelist on " Question Time"
    ( top political programme on BBC 1) 8-) ,I feel he's just
    Trying " Politicy-wicky" for a while.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Hey TP, who would you rather be forced to tolerate at a dinner party, Russell Brand or Rush Limbaugh? :))
    Chrisisall, I don't tolerate any politicians or assholes ! :))
    At a couple of functions I have told a few " ****" what I thought
    Of them ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    At a couple of functions I have told a few " ****" what I thought
    Of them ! :))
    Ahhh, the direct approach! -{ Very Bond.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Just coming back to the discussion on Cameron's "I will not pay that bill" speech and the entire anti-EU discussion in the UK.

Cameron obviously applied for a whooping 46 billion EURO EU support for the Hinkley Point C energy project with additional 16 billion EURO a bit later.

I don't want to start a discussion how a nuclear power project in these days makes sense (imo it doesn't) but you can see that Cameron is not shy to take support from the EU whenever that is possible.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Taking money from Europe is Fine ! ;) and despite his Hardline speech (He did pay up, as expected) :))
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,606Chief of Staff
    Taking money from Europe is Fine ! ;) and despite his Hardline speech (He did pay up, as expected) :))

But wasn't it only half of the money ?
    YNWA 97
    :D it worked out as the same amount, minus the refund.
    So he could say he paid less, or he could have paid the full
    Amount and then got the refund. Either way he paid what he
    Was supposed to. :D
    No matter what any of our politicans say, they can stamp their
    Feet all they want. At the end of the day, they must do what
    They're told ! :))
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    how do you know a politician is lying?

their mouth opens. :D
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,807MI6 Agent
    The US Senate report on the use of torture in the war on terror is finished. What have we learnt? The use of torture was more widespread and worse than most believed. The torture did not bring important information or save any American lives. The CIA misled (lied) to the US congress about the torture.

Key Republican politicians refused to help making the report and still defend the torture. An honourable exeption is Senator John McCain, himself a former POW and a victim of torture. President Bush was not told about the torture by the CIA, but frankly you had to be stupid not to understand what was goin ........oh :))
    This torture is a great shame on the USA, the Republican elite and President Bush jr.
    +1 :#
    Torture, telling lies to the president and the people ! How on
    Earth is that different from the other forces of oppression in
    Other countries, like the KGB ?
    Some Republicans are as Fanatical as those they say they're
    Protecting us from. :))
    edited December 2014
    telling lies to the president
    That's called plausible deniability. X-(
    Land of the Free? ....... I don't think so. :# not any more.
    Land of the Free? ....... I don't think so. :# not any more.
    There were always things wrong here. Never been different, just more visible nowadays.
    What else could you expect? Those that wrote "...all men are created equal...." wouldn't let women vote & owned slaves.
    Those in power always find ways to do what they want.
    I watched a special on " The Patriot act" and the amount of rights
    It simply stripped from American citizens. :# I do think there is
    A lot of " 1984" going on, constantly tell people they're in danger, and
    They'll agree with all your demands for dismissing their rights, in order
    To protect them. :#
    constantly tell people they're in danger, and
    They'll agree with all your demands for dismissing their rights, in order
    To protect them. :#
    It's a good plot that nearly always works.
    Ooooooh, we gotta worry about terrorists and illegal alens and Ebola... the rich making the poor poorer, & climate change affecting food production are, apparently. nothing to worry on. :s
    Number24 wrote:
    President Bush was not told about the torture by the CIA, but frankly you had to be stupid not to understand what was goin ........oh :))

And if he believes that the public is stupid enough to believe that :)) :))
    However FOX news will do their best to throw some fog - or blame Obama to be responsible for it :D

Obama's health care bill is behind it ALL!!!!!! :))
    Governments change; the lies stay the same.
    You guys should try and get Russell Brand to get involved
    In American politics, :D and keep him over there ! :))
    We'll take Brand if you take Limbaugh. :))
    On my godchilds wishlist are Abercrombie & Fitch items and Hollister stuff.

Sorry, sweetie, I love you but that's not gonna happen :D

• BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    FOX news will do their best to throw some fog - or blame Obama to be responsible for it

Sad but true. And they'll find a bunch of morons who will cite their reports as facts. I have been discussing the release of the report with some folks today, and I am frankly surprised at the number who think it should not have been released. Most of them believe the report is accurate, but they object to its release because (1) it unnecessarily inflames the terrorists and (2) the U.S. should not air its dirty laundry in public. My response, which has fallen mostly on deaf ears, is (1) the terrorists have been plotting ways to kill Americans and its allies for years. What is the release of the report going to do, make them plot to really kill us???? (2) Is it really a surprise to anyone that the U.S. has engaged in acts of torture during the course of its "war on terror"? Not likely. But why, they ask, why did the Senate have to publicly release such a damaging report? Here's my take on it - because our government has to be accountable to us, the citizens. How can we hold it accountable if we don't have the facts about what it's doing? Over and over again we have been told that the U.S. doesn't engage in or condone torture. There are both domestic and international laws against torture that we are told the U.S. observes. Shouldn't we be made aware of the fact that our government is violating the law? Now if there are people who feel that the U.S. should be allowed to use "enhanced interrogation techniques", i.e. torture, to obtain information to help us foil terrorist plots, let them elect enough people to office who are willing to propose legislation to change the laws and support a President who will sign and enforce such laws. I certainly wouldn't support that, and I don't believe most Americans would. But that's the way it's supposed to be done, not having some rogue agency (e.g. the C.I.A.),or rogue members of an agency, take matters into their own hands and engage in whatever activities they choose. Don't get me wrong, I'm not naive enough to believe that it will ever happen that way. But I am also not willing to say it's fine for our government to hide these things from us. When wrongdoing by the government is discovered, it must be publicly exposed. That's the ony hope we have of ever holding our government accountable.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    ^ Post of the week.^
    I fully agree, my fellow American!
    ...just to add that sadly in the US and the UK journalists and publishers who reveal wrongdoings of their governments (Edward Snowden anyone?) are under heavy fire from exactly them X-(

The Code Of Silence...
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,807MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    FOX news will do their best to throw some fog - or blame Obama to be responsible for it

Sad but true. And they'll find a bunch of morons who will cite their reports as facts. I have been discussing the release of the report with some folks today, and I am frankly surprised at the number who think it should not have been released. Most of them believe the report is accurate, but they object to its release because (1) it unnecessarily inflames the terrorists and (2) the U.S. should not air its dirty laundry in public. My response, which has fallen mostly on deaf ears, is (1) the terrorists have been plotting ways to kill Americans and its allies for years. What is the release of the report going to do, make them plot to really kill us???? (2) Is it really a surprise to anyone that the U.S. has engaged in acts of torture during the course of its "war on terror"? Not likely. But why, they ask, why did the Senate have to publicly release such a damaging report? Here's my take on it - because our government has to be accountable to us, the citizens. How can we hold it accountable if we don't have the facts about what it's doing? Over and over again we have been told that the U.S. doesn't engage in or condone torture. There are both domestic and international laws against torture that we are told the U.S. observes. Shouldn't we be made aware of the fact that our government is violating the law? Now if there are people who feel that the U.S. should be allowed to use "enhanced interrogation techniques", i.e. torture, to obtain information to help us foil terrorist plots, let them elect enough people to office who are willing to propose legislation to change the laws and support a President who will sign and enforce such laws. I certainly wouldn't support that, and I don't believe most Americans would. But that's the way it's supposed to be done, not having some rogue agency (e.g. the C.I.A.),or rogue members of an agency, take matters into their own hands and engage in whatever activities they choose. Don't get me wrong, I'm not naive enough to believe that it will ever happen that way. But I am also not willing to say it's fine for our government to hide these things from us. When wrongdoing by the government is discovered, it must be publicly exposed. That's the ony hope we have of ever holding our government accountable.

I agree 100%
    BTW I read Dick Cheeny was on FOX and not only defended the torture, he said president Bush knew about it and supported it. Why was Clinton impeached for having sex with an intern, but Bush isn't impeached for allowing torture?
    They don't impeach GWB because he's not in the office anymore :D