The Rant Box

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent

True, but from a human side , (we have all had a dig at Sir Bob ) we must not forget ,that Bob has lost his daughter,
    to the evil of illegal narcotics . And only he will know ,what more he could have done, to have prevented her untimely death. Unfortunately ,he will have too live with that failure for the rest of his life.

And not forgetting the death of his wife from the same also. :#

Incorrect.

When privileged, wealthy (notice how I've tied that in with the theme of slagging off other wealthy celebs on this thread) Paula Yates OD'd in 2000, she and Geldof had bee divorced for four years.

Prior to her death, of course, she had had a child Geldof's "friend" Michael Hutchence with whom she had a total obsession and had been shagging for some years.

I would therefore expect Geldof's attitude to her death to be somewhat different to that had she remained the loyal wife.

I stand corrected. :)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Can't beat a bit of correction ! ;) :))
    " Thank you, Mistress. May I have another !" :))

As predicted, the privatised Royal Mail now says it can't deliver post country wide.
    :# If it can't keep its promises they should lose the contract and at least lose the
    " Royal" part of their name, as if the don't cover the Realm, then they can't represent
    The Royal part of their name.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    OH theres a surprise, the Tory Govt,has flogged off another part of Great Britain, (to their ex school chums no less ),and now says ,it cant deliver,probably because there is now profit to be made .How much longer will the British people take to wake up to the fact,that the Tories have sold everything off from ,water,gas,electric,railways,the prisons ect to these private companies,whos only goal in life is to make more and more profit,by reducing more and more services. But they (the govt)managed to find £5,000,000 over the last 3 years ,to buy flags .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Watching an advert for a TV show looking back in the attitude of the 70s
    Its sexism etc. I could help but think things haven't changed, as we have
    Idiots like Julien Blanc giving tips on how to pick up women by grabbing
    Them by the throat 8-) or forcing their heads to your crotch ! :s
    With BBC Radio Norfolk host Nick Conrad saying the old line about how
    Women are partially responsible for attacks. :s
    I really can't believe these old ideas still feature in modern Britain.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    OH theres a surprise, the Tory Govt,has flogged off another part of Great Britain, (to their ex school chums no less ),and now says ,it cant deliver,probably because there is now profit to be made .How much longer will the British people take to wake up to the fact,that the Tories have sold everything off from ,water,gas,electric,railways,the prisons ect to these private companies,whos only goal in life is to make more and more profit,by reducing more and more services. But they (the govt)managed to find £5,000,000 over the last 3 years ,to buy flags .

In fairness no Labour government has ever bought them back !!

I disagree with the privatisation of Utilities in particular. Its a basic need to have water, electricity and heating. The fact that these things have all become so expensive and old people in particular are afraid to turn their heating on is a disgrace.

Anything that is an essential should be government run and prices capped.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I work with People who would not be out of Place on an Episode of Jeremy Kyle :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,606Chief of Staff
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Anything that is an essential should be government run and prices capped.

Let me know when you are standing for election, Lady Rose - you certainly have my vote ! -{
    YNWA 97
    I'd also give you a vote Lady Rose. To sell off national
    Resources. Like water and power is Crazy ! :#
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    edited November 2014
    It turns out that Harold Macmillan was right when he said this on privatisation thirty years ago in front of the Tory Reform Group:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1ssGrq5S3w
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    So called Bloody Celebrities, the latest " Celeb" in the Jungle is a guy
    Rejected off the x factor a couple of weeks ago ! So he's now a bloody
    Celebrity ? X-(
    They give any random Person on the Street 'Celebrity Status' nowadays :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    There are now as many celebrities in the Jungle as on The Apprentice. :))
    In fact some of the rejects from this years Apprentice, will probably be in
    Next years " I'm a Celebrity" programme. :)) Craig Charles was the only
    Big name ( who had to leave after the tragic death of his brother) so now
    It's full of basically nobodies. :# perhaps it can be done under the trades
    Description act. For false advertising :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    rant for today: Pharmacists!

Need some nose drops:
    Pharmacist turns round and hands me a package from the fancy shelf - EUR 6,85
    I am asking for the cheap stuff. Same ingredient, same quantity - EUR 2,03
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Do you have Vicks in Germany?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    yes, it's called Wick and is also overpriced.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Headlines ,the other day on the front page of the Evening standard .Read £1 billion bonanza this Christmas in Londons
    west end.It went on to say that this is due to the good feeling of the financial well being of the British public. So far no axe to grind here :D .But it went on to say that the retail food sector, ie Tesco, Sainsbury, Asda, would not fair so well in this years spending spree. Now my theory is , that people will always need to buy Christmas prezzies, but nowdays,with more and more people working longer hours over Christmas , there is no need any more to go mad,and buy up half of Tescos.
    Now people of my age ,will remember,years ago ,everything shut at Christmas ,even the petrol stations.My mum would have enough food in to feed a army.Now people cant come round any more," sorry but uncle Sid has to go to work" sound familiar,So my beef is ,all those big companies ,that are now open 24 hours ,are the same companies,that are moaning that they are not selling as much food WELL WHOs BLOODY FAULT IS THAT X-(
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    The long opening hours are largly self destructive in my opinion. Parts of the private sector talked the governments into lifting the rules on opening hours. At first it was very profitable because only a few businesses vere open late. Then "everyone" did it and profit margins dropped. The losers are the common employes who have to sit by the cash register on Christmas eve instead of being with their families.
    We are going back to the times of Downton. Workers
    will be lucky to get one day off a month. :#
    We are going back to the times of Downton. Workers
    will be lucky to get one day off a month. :#

I guess my political view is a society of democraticly controlled capitalism would be best. We should have a market economy, but it's worst sides would be softened by the government. Now I often feel the market controls the government and not the other way around.
    Agreed. Most of our politicians seem to work
    for big business and the banks, not for the people. :#
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Agreed. Most of our politicians seem to work
    for big business and the banks, not for the people. :#

True Pussy, but they only do that for themselves in the long run. I hate to admit it, but when I hear of another political scandal, or the party leaders talking pish I almost wish there was an Alec Trevelyin pointing Goldeneye at the House of Commons! (Political reboot beam)
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    I really do think that the support for UKIP comes from people
    Who feel abandoned by the Westminster elite. :# low wages.
    Zero hour contracts. Welcome to modern Britain. :#
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    I really do think that the support for UKIP comes from people
    Who feel abandoned by the Westminster elite. :# low wages.
    Zero hour contracts. Welcome to modern Britain. :#
    AND America... :#
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    I'm not very familiar with UKIP. Are they as ....... interesting ;% and entertaining :)) as the Tea Party movement in the US?
    UKIP are really a Bunch of ex Tories. Thats it :))
    Yes, something similar :)) sadly both main parties Labour and
    Conservative, have basically the same ideas and both seem
    More interested in helping the banks and Money markets, than
    In improving the lot of the people.
    Hence while Dave Cameron can boast of more employment, sadly
    It's all very low paid jobs :# Even I feel ( as I'd be a bit of a left winger)
    That there is no one to vote for. As what there is now is............
    Hard line right wing = Conservative
    Soft right wing = Labour
    Soon to be extinct = Liberals. :))
    I understand UKIP are anti-EU, anti-immigration and anti-envirornment. Are they also anti-theory of evolution, anti-government spending, anti-science types like the tea drinkers over the pond?
    I'm no expert but they do seem to have quite a few " odd balls" in their party.
    So there could be some who don't believe in evolution etc. :))
    I know that in Sweden, there is a far right Group who have some insane Ideas when it comes to Immigration.
    Immigration isn't the problem, it's the unfair division of wealth. ;)
    " a few less fat bast*rds eating all the pies !" :))