The Rant Box

Comments

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Congrats AOS! -{ :007)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    For me the biggest problem with modern politics is that.......
    People study politics at school, then study it at university
    Then get a job as a political researcher for a political party.
    Then the become an MP !
    So they have no idea about the real world and its problems.
    You used to get politicians that had been Doctors, businessmen
    Dockers, policemen, shopkeepers, trade unionists. So had some
    Idea of trying to pay bills, holding down a job, paying the mortgage.
    Sadly they're all professional politicians now, or slick used car
    Salesmen, as I think of them.
    They'll promise you everything, and deliver nothing ! :)) or in the case
    Of Nick Clegg, just flat out Lie ! :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    They're all unpopular

Sort of like here in the U.S. - got it! :))
    The grass is always greener over the septic tank. :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Politicians treat you like mushrooms !
    They keep you in the dark and feed you
    Bullsh*t. :)) ( old joke )
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    edited November 2014
    Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm really unsure about this. Are most of my British friends here pro-Labor, pro-Conservative, pro-Liberal Democrats? Are they more or less evenly divided? None of the above? I really can't tell. And I'm not trying to pigeonhole anyone. Perhaps it's not as simple as that and individual preferences are all over the place. I'm just trying to get a sense of the relative popularity of the various parties in British politics.

My several Years of listening to Punk Music has given me a dislike for Politicians :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I've gone from dislike, to a deep seated hatred. X-(
    I find it funny on some Political talk shows when they start pulling apart UKIP policies, as if it
    will make a difference. :)) They haven't figured it out yet " People don't care !" ....... That's IT !!
    That's the best party to vote for to give the others a good kicking, which for many people is all
    they want ! :))
    The BBC has changed the look of the "I player" I don't like it. X-(
    Is that what you said when PC's came around? :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    :)) I'd just got used to the old interface, then they go and change it ! :))
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Congrats to you AOS ,I hope it all went down well , -{ -{ , new flat ,now engaged , its all looking good for you :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    -{

You've been absent for a while, hope everything is alright :)
    -{

You've been absent for a while, hope everything is alright :)

no just a bad case of decorateritis :D
    The Cure for that is called 'Sitting down and letting someone else do it' :))

Your so right , but I thought I wouldn't get injured wallpapering ,so I did it myself
    I do have people in to do the lawn and the trees ,its a lot safer
    Come to think of it, will you not be flat out with a paint brush ?
    Or is the new place already done ? ;) :))

Your so right , but I thought I wouldn't get injured wallpapering ,so I did it myself
    I do have people in to do the lawn and the trees ,its a lot safer

And your Cooking, cleaning, Security, etc :))
    Come to think of it, will you not be flat out with a paint brush ?
    Or is the new place already done ? ;) :))

its taken me 25 years to do this one its never ending :(
    Bob Geldof has publicly named Adelle as one star who " wouldn't" take part
    In his latest, middle class project, to make himself and the other " Tax avoiding"
    Multi millionaires, feel better about themselves and their greedy lifestyles.
    To help pile the pressure and pull on the heart strings of those
    On Zero hour contracts and other low paid jobs. To help.
    Very simple Mr Geldof , Bono etc. Just open you big cheque book and ..... Maybe
    Sign a cheque, you could afford it " out of petty cash" so to speak.
    It won't solve the problem but boy will it stroke the egos of these wannabe world
    Spokes men.
    Makes me Laugh, Bono and Geldof go on about 'Giving' but they never donate anything themselves 8-)
    Bono actually "Avoids" tax in Ireland, :)) owning a posh hotel etc
    ( very Rock & Roll ). Geldof is hugely rich also this is probably news to
    These self absorbed narcisists but other charity agencies have been fighting
    Ebola for months ( I gave to the first big appeal ) but all I've heard this morning
    Is " Bob Geldof and Midge Ure" so all those other aid workers have been
    Forgotten. I doubt many of them will be getting a knighthood like Bob.
    In my opinion all this is, is an ego boost for the most self absorbed group of
    People on the planet "pop singers" :)) also where will the video be shown
    First ?
    On the highest rated TV programme ? NO ! It's to be shown on the X factor
    To help their ratings, for Bob's old mate Simon Cowell,
    I also don't like the almost blackmailing way in which Adelle has been named as
    An artist that didn' t or couldn't take part. Obviously if you annoy Bob he'll used his
    Media connections to try and hurt you.
    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100158302/the-problem-with-god-is-he-thinks-hes-bob-geldof/
    Same with John Lydon. Once an Icon of Rebellion and has now become part of the System he was against.
    Yep ! Now selling butter. :)) from Rebel to right wing pensioner. :D
    He probably complains about " bloody young people" ;)
    :)) :))
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,697Chief of Staff
    Maybe doing this will put the issue back into the news spotlight and maybe force the Governments of the world to do something...but then they could just write a cheque themselves and hope the problem disappears... 8-)
    YNWA 97
    Saint Bob, does have his fans, I'll admit. And picking on Adelle might be a good thing ?
    Today I have nothing to rant about (sorry AOS),but the week is still young :)
    We have all Week -{
    I'm ranting about the lack of ranting. :)) come on people !
    Get with the programme. :D there must be loads of stuff
    People find annoying. :))
    Can't be bothered Tonight. Maybe tomorrow :))
    X factor is on ,and oh dear here we go ,Bob Geldoff comes out of the wood work to tell us all about Ebola ,and how he and others,are going to save Africa , well sir Bob ,you want to try looking after your bloody kids first