Skyfall James Bond leather jacket

Comments

• jordanmarsdenjordanmarsden Milton KeynesPosts: 4MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    I bought the Wested version and love it. Others have weathered theirs and I am plucking up the courage to do the same. But have to say leather is great and fits like a glove. Colour is a good match to original as well

Enjoy!

Cheers B-)

Glad to hear that you rate Wested's product highly. I bought an X3 from Wested a little while ago (I have a thing for film jackets) and was really impressed with the quality and feel of the leather; it truly is an incredible product for the price. I'm yet to see anything of their lambskin, but I'm sure I'll be just as impressed.

I ordered a size down (Small) on the Skyfall jacket, as I've seen a few people say the jacket wears rather large. Hopefully I won't regret my decision.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Im 43/44 chest and a L is perfect (XL was way too big)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    dsc08873pf6tdwovmh.jpg

-{
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • PmaloyPmaloy Posts: 47MI6 Agent
    dsc08873pf6tdwovmh.jpg

-{

Hi,

Is this the Levi's jacket?

Cheers
    Peter
    yes!
    Pmaloy wrote:
    dsc08873pf6tdwovmh.jpg

-{

Hi,

Is this the Levi's jacket?

Cheers
    Peter
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    For anyone still looking, Levi's London have a full size run in stock now. Tried one on today.
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Richmen fit looks great! What size do you have?
    size Small
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Thanks man. I need a small, but can't swing it unless someone was interested in a trade for a Tony Nowak "Surrogates" Half belt.
  • foobzazfoobzaz Phoenix, Arizona, USAPosts: 3MI6 Agent
    I just ordered mine from Mr. Porter US. They have 30% discount right now until DEC 2. I ordered mine in small. Anyone know how the mr. porter jackets are?
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    I love mine but I don't have the same detailed eye as some here. The fit is great, the look is spot-on to my eye.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    I couldn't pass up the 30% off on this at Mr Porter… hope it works out as there seemed to be some negative reviews over time of that place.. we'll see I guess !
  • SomaticSomatic Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    First expensive leather jacket I've ever owned... got a few questions for you fellow owners.

1. How do you guys get the back to cooperate? They keep poofing out instead of lying flat.

2. What do you guys do to maintain the leather? In areas exposed to more friction like the elbows, the leather looks like it's starting to dry out and becoming whiter.

3. Love the smell... but it's fading. Is it some sort of leather conditioner smell that you can rejuvenate?
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Curious how your jacket came out foobzaz.. literally just got mine… Nice jacket.. when they say distressed they meant it.. most of the photos on vendor's sites as well as the screen used jacket show it to be distressed… but the surface still has some of the smooth leather finish.. whoever the guy was who distressed mine was seriously ambitious… mine feels more like a suede jacket as it is sanded down below the surface on almost the entire thing… still a decent jacket.. but won't replace my Barbour as my favorite Bond piece...
  • UmpireUmpire Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    Received my Menlo from Porter. WOW! What a jacket. I am 5"10
    197lbs broad shoulders . I wear a 33.5 dress shirt sleeves and the Menlo arms are about 2" too long. Easy fix. The body fits perfect!!! Hope this helps some of you with sizing issues...
  • foobzazfoobzaz Phoenix, Arizona, USAPosts: 3MI6 Agent
    Yea I got mine in last week but the small was too small. It was perfect in the shoulders and sleeves, but the waist and chest was too small so I returned it and should receive the medium next week. But it looked great. The color was perfect and it had a lot of distressing but not too much. The only issue I had besides ordering the wrong size was that it had creases from being stored. Like along the sleeves and shoulder. Can that come out?
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    foobzaz wrote:
    Yea I got mine in last week but the small was too small. It was perfect in the shoulders and sleeves, but the waist and chest was too small so I returned it and should receive the medium next week. But it looked great. The color was perfect and it had a lot of distressing but not too much. The only issue I had besides ordering the wrong size was that it had creases from being stored. Like along the sleeves and shoulder. Can that come out?

Foobzaz,

can you share with me your hight, weight and body built ??

I'm still debating between ordering a Small or a Medium.

i weight 165 lbs, 39 chest, 18 shoulders. 5'10" high
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    BIG SALE

Now

50% OFF

$450 at mr.porter's.

I wasn't thinking about getting one til i saw the price !

perfect timing for those who kept complaining about the high price.
  • roi007roi007 Posts: 409MI6 Agent
    The name is Bond, James Bond...
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    £280 on Mr Porters US website (40% sale) :)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,585Chief of Staff
    welshboy78 wrote:
    £280 on Mr Porters US website (40% sale) :)

Well, there has to be some benefit for living in the US :))
    YNWA 97
  • TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    I must have missed out on this one. Couldn't find the Menlo anywheres.
  • TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    I'm a dummy. Should've tried the link provided above.
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    http://www.mrporter.com/product/378100

50% off today all sizes.
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,585Chief of Staff
    Still shows as £625 !
    YNWA 97
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the post on the sale!

I just ordered one and with express shipping it was only $470.00!

What a weekend!

All three Skyfall jackets in three days and all were on sale!

Merry Christmas guys!
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    I don't normally do clothes (Bond clothes) but this was to good to pass up and sale not available in UK, so just got someone to order me an XL in CA, free shipping, no tax £280 Bargain. Only drawback is I won't pick it up till April, but I can wait. {[]

Now if someone can find me a Brioni or TF suit for the same price I might get into the clothes side :)
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    edited December 2013
    Just back from the sales in London with not much joy there. So I popped over to AJB for a quick look and saw this deal as others have said too good to miss. Just ordered the medium and had it shipped to my US office. Will pick it up in Jan when I visit next.

My Billy Reed will have to wait for the next trip now.

Thanks for the heads up guys (now have a Wested version of the Menlo in Small up to 40 chest up for grabs in new condition if anyone is interested PM me)

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    Just bought the Menlo £312 what a bargain from Mr Porter
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    And still saved £32.50 on the UK sale price by buying on the US site {[]