Skyfall James Bond leather jacket

Comments

• Fredrick GrayFredrick Gray Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    shilton125 wrote:
    Just bought the Menlo £312 what a bargain from Mr Porter

Thanks for posting that. I've just bought one too.

£312.50 plus £5 p&p.

Just waiting now for Billy Reid to offer a 20% discount on the Peacoat.
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Too good a deal to turn down! Just ordered mine too :007)

This is now available for UK Buyers but seems to have disappeared from the US site.
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    UNCLE27

It's only disappeared from the US site as they are now Nil Stock in any size, I was watching the site and gradually (well, over 2 days) saw the different sizes go out of stock. If you're sitting on the fence for this, don't sit too long, word is spreading fast.
    Thanks, yes, ordered mine today already!
  • Vesper007Vesper007 Enjoying Death,Country EnglandPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    Skyfall Jacket at £312 - DONE :))
    "007 Reporting for Duty"
  • PhilweezerPhilweezer Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    Just got my size S from mr porter and I'm sad to say but I'm sending it back. The shoulders and arms are perfect but it's too short and I'm 5'7" too. Plus it's a bit snug in zippering it up, I'll just wait to get the BR peacoat when they are offering 20% off again. I was able to try a S at the BR store here and it fit perfect.
  • BondyueBondyue Posts: 55MI6 Agent
    Ahhh, L is out again.....I guess I won't ever be able to own the trinity
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    These jackets hardly seem to be flying out the door at mr porter even with 50 per cent off. Would people actually even buy it if it was not for the bond connection?
  • BRIXMISBRIXMIS Great BritainPosts: 171MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    These jackets hardly seem to be flying out the door at mr porter even with 50 per cent off. Would people actually even buy it if it was not for the bond connection?

From my point of view, the Bond connection draws your attention to the piece, but personally I wouldn't buy an article of clothing if I didn't like it. In fact I have just bought one of the Levi Menlo's, taking advantage of Mr Porters excellent offer. At this time of year, with bad weather coming and Christmas and tax bills to pay, I probably wouldn't have paid full retail price, but at 50% off, its hard to resist.
    Philweezer wrote:
    Just got my size S from mr porter and I'm sad to say but I'm sending it back. The shoulders and arms are perfect but it's too short and I'm 5'7" too. Plus it's a bit snug in zippering it up, I'll just wait to get the BR peacoat when they are offering 20% off again. I was able to try a S at the BR store here and it fit perfect.

That's a bit worrying. I'm 5' 5.5" and 180lb, and my size S is on its way too me as I write. Guess I'll be on a diet next year.
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    Philweezer wrote:

That's a bit worrying. I'm 5' 5.5" and 180lb, and my size S is on its way too me as I write. Guess I'll be on a diet next year.
    6' 175lbs, 40" chest, 32" waist and I wear a small. Medium was too baggy for me. But then Im not looking for jumpers or anything underneath given the climate here.

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/535698/#p535698
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    ExpatJB wrote:
    6' 175lbs, 40" chest, 32" waist and I wear a small. Medium was too baggy for me. But then Im not looking for jumpers or anything underneath given the climate here.

Thanks for posting that. Guess, I'll have to wait and see.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Yeah have to say sizing is an issue for me I have ordered a medium in the US based on sizes posted by others on this site (and because they had the discount when the UK site did not damn them then they offered same in the UK) and comparing that to my Wested version I have.

But then based on others feedback I ordered a small in the UK. Net result is one will fit and the other will be going back for e refund or go to another home here is someone here wants the one that I do not keep. One in the US is enroute to my office out there for collection in a couple of weeks and the UK one (the small) should be here by the weekend.

All good fun and guess it will come down to snug fit or baggy fit preference for me

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • jon_1ukjon_1uk Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    anyone got a small that doesn't fit and want to sell ?
    "some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    Yeah have to say sizing is an issue for me I have ordered a medium in the US based on sizes posted by others on this site (and because they had the discount when the UK site did not damn them then they offered same in the UK) and comparing that to my Wested version I have.

But then based on others feedback I ordered a small in the UK. Net result is one will fit and the other will be going back for e refund or go to another home here is someone here wants the one that I do not keep. One in the US is enroute to my office out there for collection in a couple of weeks and the UK one (the small) should be here by the weekend.

All good fun and guess it will come down to snug fit or baggy fit preference for me

Cheers :007)
    if in doubt order two and send one back. Works for me too. :))
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
  • PhilweezerPhilweezer Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    ExpatJB wrote:

Thanks for posting that. Guess, I'll have to wait and see.
    Hope it works out for you. I saw expat's pics and the S looks fine on him but I don't think his build would fit the S I got. My wife looked at it before I tried it on and she instantly knew it was way too short. I've read on here there maybe sizing inconsistencies so this could be it.
    Mines arrived today in medium and unfortunately I am having to return for an exchange - its way too tight across the chest and waist and Ive not eaten that much turkey . :(
    "007 Reporting for Duty"
    My jacket has just arrived from Mr Porter...

Great service from Mr Porter, the jacket arrived quickly and on the day they said it would. I love the little touches too, like the suit bag, handkerchief and personalised card.
    Good work guys!! -{
    Oh... And half price too!! :D Nice!!

On to the jacket...
    WOW!! Firstly, I'm glad to say... An excellent fit! Thanks to size guides found on here from everyone (esp Welshboy -{ ) And, once I've shaken off Christmas, I'm sure it will be a perfect fit. I thought I was going to need to shorten the sleeves but I'm sure they're meant to be on the long side and they're not too long so I think I can live with them as they are.

The jacket is much lighter than I expected and despite all the photos, FAR more distressed than I expected. As someone else noted, almost suede. I have seen the Wested Replica and I have their Indiana Jones jacket which I have tried to add more distress but I wouldn't be able to make their Skyfall Jacket look anything like this!!

I'm not knocking Wested Jackets here by the way! They are excellent and fantastic value for money! It's just that their Skyfall Jacket is made from a different leather to the Levis. It's really like a brand new jacket v a 1930s version!!

Anyway, one very happy UNCLE here! :D My Skyfall Trilogy is now complete :007)

Happy New Year everyone!
    I liked that in mine - and they were really helpful on the phone organising the exchange - hope the new one fits I will be gutted if not as they are out of sizes now
    UNCLE27 wrote:
    My jacket has just arrived from Mr Porter...

Great service from Mr Porter, the jacket arrived quickly and on the day they said it would. I love the little touches too, like the suit bag, handkerchief and personalised card.
    Good work guys!! -{
    Oh... And half price too!! :D Nice!!

On to the jacket...
    WOW!! Firstly, I'm glad to say... An excellent fit! Thanks to size guides found on here from everyone (esp Welshboy -{ ) And, once I've shaken off Christmas, I'm sure it will be a perfect fit. I thought I was going to need to shorten the sleeves but I'm sure they're meant to be on the long side and they're not too long so I think I can live with them as they are.

The jacket is much lighter than I expected and despite all the photos, FAR more distressed than I expected. As someone else noted, almost suede. I have seen the Wested Replica and I have their Indiana Jones jacket which I have tried to add more distress but I wouldn't be able to make their Skyfall Jacket look anything like this!!

I'm not knocking Wested Jackets here by the way! They are excellent and fantastic value for money! It's just that their Skyfall Jacket is made from a different leather to the Levis. It's really like a brand new jacket v a 1930s version!!

Anyway, one very happy UNCLE here! :D My Skyfall Trilogy is now complete :007)

Happy New Year everyone!
    "007 Reporting for Duty"
    I ended up buying one from Mr Porter as well....too good a deal to miss out. Jacket arrived today in size M and they are quite small fitting...not sure if I should have got a size L now. They are very short on the body....not sure if this is a sizing issue after earlier posts on here. Otherwise the jacket is very nice and IMO better in person than in the pics....colour is very nice dark brown.
  • BlueBludBlueBlud Posts: 254MI6 Agent
    Mine arrived today from Mr Porter. I ordered the size L and M. Excellent packaging and they delivered when they said they would. Unfortunatley for me I received the size L and a Paul Smith suit jacket that had nothing to do with me!

The size L is a nice fit but I will not get chance to try the M now as they have sold out of that size, although I suspect it will have been too short like Sunny01 said above.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    I have a question for the guys who've purchased from Mr Porter as I'm looking to potentially purchase one of these in the future. Out of interest, what are your height, waist and chest measurements?

I'd previously thought you had to size down as the Menlo runs large, but the consensus here seems to be the medium (which I would have thought my size as 40 reg/ 34 waist) is too small.

Blueblud, I'd be grateful if you could tell me what are the measurements on the large size running across the chest, from arm pit to arm pit, sleeve length, jacket length from the top of the zipper to bottom and across the waist? This might also be of benefit to those who've got the smaller mediums for a comparison, cheers
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    Also should have said, given that Blueblud didn't get the size medium, it might be a good idea if Sunny01 and/or Vesper007 provide the mediums measurements for comparative purposes?
    Hi Smithers,

I am a 40R in a suit with 32 inch waist, 5 10 83kg so I was pretty sure the M would be spot on and it fits but it is tight, and I should have purchased the size L as well....that was the first to go so I am a bit gutted. However, if you check the Mr Porter website and the measurements for a Size L you get only one inch more on the length of the jacket and 2.5 inches more on the chest so if anything the size L is more boxy than the M. The design of the jacket must be meant to be very short.

http://www.mrporter.com/product/378100
    Thanks Sunny01, yes just looking at the pictures of Tom Cruise wearing the jacket a few pages back, I got the feeling that the jacket was designed to be short (no offence to MrCruise who I understand also to be similarly diminutive).

I was more concerned with the chest/waist dimensions of the jacket. I know the Porter website says to buy your actual size, so would have had no qualms ordering a medium on this basis. It will be interesting to hear what dimensions Blueblud's large came in at to see if the large was indeed the right option under the circumstances...
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    I have one of these for sale in a MEDIUM (BNWT)

Measurements (taken off of actual jacket laying flat completely zippered)
    Chest (armpit to armpit across chest): 21.25 inches
    Sleeve Length (from shoulder seam down arm to end of cuff): 26 Inches
    Back Length (from base of collar seam down back to end): 23 Inches
    Shoulder to shoulder horizontally across back: 18.5 Inches

Brand new with original tags, never worn.

Pictures of actual jacket for sale

DSC09171.jpg

DSC09177.jpg

DSC09173.jpg

DSC09174.jpg

DSC09179.jpg

DSC09175.jpg

DSC09178.jpg

DSC09172.jpg

if someone wants hit, feel free to hit me up! ;-)
    Just measured my L...

Pit to pit 23"
    Width at bottom of jacket 21.5"
    Length of arm 26.5"
    Length of back from top of collar 26.5"

I'm 43" chest 5ft 8 and normally wear a 44" short suit.
    Hope that helps guys.
    Hi UNCLE27 thanks for measuring. In your opinion would the jacket be too big for a size 40R person? Does the size L jacket fit you well?
    sunny01 wrote:
    Hi UNCLE27 thanks for measuring. In your opinion would the jacket be too big for a size 40R person? Does the size L jacket fit you well?

It's a pretty snug fit on me. I'd say if you wanted screen accurate, go for the medium.
    It's a light, casual jacket and probably best worn open anyway.
    Thanks Uncle27, so going off Returningson's medium measurements, it would seem that the large is 1.75 inches larger than the medium from pit to pit; 0.5 inches longer in the sleeves and 3.5 inches longer down the back. This on the assumption that the sizes are consistent.

Again, if you take a 44 suit, I would have automatically thought a medium would be sufficient for me but if the medium is tight fitting on Sunny01, who has a slimmer waist than me then I might have to rethink.

Sunny01, do the measurements Returningson's posted compare to your medium? I'm especially concerned about the waist measurement which Uncle has @ 21.5 on the large?