Skyfall James Bond leather jacket

Comments

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Thanks guys.

Yes with the 50% off Im really tempted and given the rate of returns to Mr Porter I may even stand a chance of getting one now!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    I wouldn't hold yr breath very disappointed with the jacket from Mr Porter the Peggs and son version is much better quality and a great fit.
  • PhilweezerPhilweezer Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    My returned S is back on Mr Porter.
  • BRIXMISBRIXMIS Great BritainPosts: 171MI6 Agent
    shilton125 wrote:
    I wouldn't hold yr breath very disappointed with the jacket from Mr Porter the Peggs and son version is much better quality and a great fit.

I don't think Levi make specific models for different distributors ! Peggs may have an older model, that had sizing that better suited you.
  • OSS117OSS117 Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    Thanks guys.

Yes with the 50% off Im really tempted and given the rate of returns to Mr Porter I may even stand a chance of getting one now!
    Jackets are no longer available : the waiting list is only for previous customers exchanging for size.
    Mr Porter is not restocking the returned jackets.
  • QuantumMemberQuantumMember Posts: 46MI6 Agent
    edited January 2014
    OSS117 wrote:
    Thanks guys.

Jackets are no longer available : the waiting list is only for previous customers exchanging for size.
    Mr Porter is not restocking the returned jackets.

You have to keep checking/refreshing the page. There is currently a M listed on the US site as "Only one left."

As far as differences in quality are concerned; I just had jackets from Peggs and Son and a Mr. Porter recently. The only difference was in the size and distressing (which varies on the whole). The Peggs and Son medium was very large and loose while the Mr. Porter medium was much smaller and true to size. The Peggs and Son jackets were much more distressed than the Porters as well.
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    I have to disagree with you on the distressing, as the Mr Porter one was far more distressed and felt inferior in quality
  • BRIXMISBRIXMIS Great BritainPosts: 171MI6 Agent
    shilton125 wrote:
    I have to disagree with you on the distressing, as the Mr Porter one was far more distressed and felt inferior in quality
    Im assuming Peggs and Porters are different batches, hence size differences ( they are made in Italy, after all!) but I think the distressing varies so much, obviously some from Peggs are very heavily distressed and some not so, and vice versa with individual jackets from Porters ( other distributors are available!). Im extremely pleased with mine ( from Porters) which FOR ME, has the right blend of distressing.
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Well took the plunge and ordered a medium from Mr. Porter. If it doesn't fit, it'll be up for grabs for what I paid.
    Another Medium is currently listed on the Mr. Porter US site.
  • tardis1711tardis1711 Posts: 208MI6 Agent
    edited January 2014
    There's a size small on mr porter uk at the moment... Now sold.
  • Vesper007Vesper007 Enjoying Death,Country EnglandPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    I've got a L coming from reserved list - so hoping I will be enjoying death and it comes with a scorpion and this one fits :s
    "007 Reporting for Duty"
    I just received a mr porter jacket in size medium. Very nice. Fits me well and I'm 41 inch chest. Arms a tad long but that's the style of this jacket I think.
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    tardis1711 wrote:
    I just received a mr porter jacket in size medium. Very nice. Fits me well and I'm 41 inch chest. Arms a tad long but that's the style of this jacket I think.
    Often bike oriented jackets are long in the sleeve, because that's the position you will be riding in (outstretched arms).

Perhaps that is the case with this jacket too.
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    edited January 2014
    Just got my other medium from the US there is someone out there who likes to distress the hell out of these jackets! I am a 40 chest with broad shoulders and fit is just right the previous small I had although a svelt fit was too tight and short in retrospect.

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    We should start leaving notes in the pockets of our returned items to see whether they land in the hands of another board member. (Though I would assume a returns department would check the pockets.)
  • MeezusMeezus Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    edited January 2014
    For all you medium owners, I see that 40-41" chest is the norm, is that tight or looser on you?
    I'm a 44" chest w 20" shoulders, and wondering if a M would be way too tight. My L is def a looser fit, and the shoulders sit very wide.
    I was looking for that snug leather jacket fit, and I think the way it's cut wide in the shoulders with the back pleats, a M may be the way to go. Unless you all think the M would lock me up.
    Meezus wrote:
    For all you medium owners, I see that 40-41" chest is the norm, is that tight or looser on you?
    I'm a 44" chest w 20" shoulders, and wondering if a M would be way too tight. My L is def a looser fit, and the shoulders sit are very wide.
    I was looking for that snug leather jacket fit, and I think the way it's cut wide in the shoulders with the back pleats, a M may be the way to go. Unless you all think the M would lock me up.

I would stick with the large. I'm a 41.5 chest and if I was much bigger it would be too tight.
  • apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 141MI6 Agent
    Just got my Medium from Mr Porter, its been distressed so much that it looks a suede jacket!
  • Vesper007Vesper007 Enjoying Death,Country EnglandPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    My Large has arrived much better fit - bit of room inside too breathe Arms just a tad long but its fits ok - the jacket looks cool. After 3 sizes and 3 returns Im pouring myself a large McCallan
    "007 Reporting for Duty"
    apple8 wrote:
    Just got my Medium from Mr Porter, its been distressed so much that it looks a suede jacket!
    Yep same with mine. I received mine medium today, and it fits like I expected it to based on the measurements. Its somewhat fitted, arms aren't baggy, and due to my long arms it hits me in the proper spot length wise. Overall, solid jacket. I will try to post some fit pics later. I feel it fits like Craigs on screen.
  • apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 141MI6 Agent
    TheExit148 wrote:
    apple8 wrote:
    Yep same with mine. I received mine medium today, and it fits like I expected it to based on the measurements. Its somewhat fitted, arms aren't baggy, and due to my long arms it hits me in the proper spot length wise. Overall, solid jacket. I will try to post some fit pics later. I feel it fits like Craigs on screen.

I think I prefer it, I wasn't sure at first but after comparing it a different one I think mine looks better, not as shiny as the others.
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    I'm same measurements.... I found the large too baggy around the middle. The m is a sung fit and will still zip up. I've included fit pic for reference

Meezus wrote:
    I'm a 44" chest w 20" shoulders, and wondering if a M would be way too tight. My L is def a looser fit, and the shoulders sit very wide.

image.jpg
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
  • MeezusMeezus Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Polynikes wrote:
    I'm same measurements.... I found the large too baggy around the middle. The m is a sung fit and will still zip up. I've included fit pic for reference

That looks like it fits great to me, although from the responses on here it seems like there's some inconsistency in sizing. I guess worse case scenario it's leather and should stretch some. Since it's snug on you, have you noticed it loosen up at all?

And how's the sleeve length? I wear a 34 in dress shirts. The L hits at my knuckles, so I'd definitely need to get it adjusted (which will be a pain because of the belted cuffs, guess they'll have to take from the shoulder?), but I'm hoping I could get by without it in the M.

Probably just plan to hold on to the L until I can try a M, then put whatever doesn't fit on eBay.
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    The sleeves are long on these! I'm 1.89 so it's probably a bonus.
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
    Now I'm debating if I should return the jacket to Mr Porter. Not sure I'm feeling it 100% after trying it on more for the fit, and length in the body. I have 14 days to decide, so I'll think about it. I think the earlier sizes from previous season runs were a bit longer in the body, which is what I would prefer.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    TheExit148 wrote:
    Now I'm debating if I should return the jacket to Mr Porter. Not sure I'm feeling it 100% after trying it on more for the fit, and length in the body. I have 14 days to decide, so I'll think about it. I think the earlier sizes from previous season runs were a bit longer in the body, which is what I would prefer.

They were only longer in the arms not the body
    Ross
    Well then if that's the case, I may not find what I am looking for. My medium measures 23" back length.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Hi

Has anyone found a way of making these jackets play ball. I have let mine hang for a while but the rear bellows still fail to hang correctly still forever laying it flat to try and flatten them out

Distressed look still growing on me

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • kicker24523kicker24523 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I am loving my Skyfall jacket so far! When the inevitable time comes to condition it, what would you all recommend doing? I don't want to make it darker or change that suede-like feeling. Thanks