Skyfall James Bond leather jacket

Comments

• JB1962JB1962 USAPosts: 194MI6 Agent
  • DanielCraigIsSoCoolDanielCraigIsSoCool Posts: 35MI6 Agent
    I wonder if these will be shorter in sleeve and body like the new batch at Porter
    I thought I would chime in here as I just received a second medium from Porter, also from their current batch. I took a chance and re-ordered hoping that the sleeves wouldn't be foolishly short like the were on the medium I received two weeks ago. As it turns out, the jacket fit great and the sleeves are definitely longer. The leather is significantly lighter in color as well, or at least the distress job makes it look as such.

I love the look and fit of the jacket so I'm going to keep it, but it seems the LVC has some serious inconsistencies going here. I've contacted Peggs and Son about the measurements of their new batch and I will post the results once I hear from them. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, Levi's has a long way to go despite some of teh awesomeness of the vintage clothing line.
  • Hold CommandHold Command LondonPosts: 367MI6 Agent
    Wrong place...
    Wrong place...

What is? (Not sure if this is directed at my above post, just clarifying!)
  • alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    The answer to this whole leather difference sleeve debacle is because it is not the same jacket, the previous one is the autmn winter and the current one is the spring summer, it seems exactly the same though they are made by two different Levi collections are a sort of continuing model Levi's did as opposed to a srock rebatch.
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    The bench and loom size chart for the pre orders shows the longer sleeve and body length. I'm hoping ill get an old size one or it won't fit for sure.

I had a pegg and son large from the last restock that they had. It had long sleeves . Lovely jacket just a bit too large. From that experience I'd say the size chart on the bench and loom web page more accurately described the size than the one on the pegg an son. The large is defo more 46.5 chest as opposed to 44! The med will fit as long as I get the longer version!
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
  • BasildonBasildon Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    The LVC Jacket on Mr Porter looks Dark Brown without very much distressing but the LVC Jacket on Peggs & Son looks a lighter brown with much more distressing. Peggs & Son's website also says it is the same jacket Daniel Craig wore in Skyfall which would presumably mean they got Levi's to re-issue the 2011 jacket if correct.

Are these two jackets different? Is the Peggs & Son jacket the SA version that Craig wore in Skyfall? Has anybody on here physically seen jackets from both of these retailers?
  • roguetrooperXroguetrooperX Posts: 98MI6 Agent
    Polynikes wrote:
    The bench and loom size chart for the pre orders shows the longer sleeve and body length. I'm hoping ill get an old size one or it won't fit for sure.

I had a pegg and son large from the last restock that they had. It had long sleeves . Lovely jacket just a bit too large. From that experience I'd say the size chart on the bench and loom web page more accurately described the size than the one on the pegg an son. The large is defo more 46.5 chest as opposed to 44! The med will fit as long as I get the longer version!

What chest size are you?

Cheers
    edited January 2013
    44.... I think the size chart on the bench and loom web page is more accurate than that on pegg ands son. My large was more like a 46 and too roomy at the waist.

I would size down. I had to size up for the barbour! It's a nightmare when you are unae to try these things on. Paying a tonne of money hoping it will fit. We must all be mad!!

• steve gsteve g Winter Park, FLPosts: 8MI6 Agent
    Just got my medium from Mr. Porter. It is pretty dark brown with a lot of distressing. I would say the exact color as the one DC wore. The dimensions are: shoulder to shoulder - 19", sleeve armpit to cuff - 19", armpit to armpit - 21", back bottom of collar to hem - 24". Hope this helps. That is almost the dimensions shown on the pegg and sons, only an inch shorter in the arm and back. I'm 5-9, 165 lbs, 40R and it fits perfect. I returned a small because it was too tight.
  • roguetrooperXroguetrooperX Posts: 98MI6 Agent
    Just pulled the trigger - got a M and L coming from Peggs & son. I'll post some fit picts when they arrive, I may need some feedback on fit if I'm unsure which to return!
  • JB1962JB1962 USAPosts: 194MI6 Agent
    Looks like Peggs & Son now has the jacket in stock.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Anyone considering the replica on ebay from India.. DONT ! :)) I got one... figured at that price I could chance it just to see.. holy smokes this thing is a shame ! I honestly laughed when I opened the box.. low quality shiny smooth leather... cut is ALL kinds of wrong.. pockets are seriously off... just too much to say about how crappy this replica is... not worth the low price... honestly a $30 jacket at best... I'd post pics but it's late.. long day tomorrow... may get around to taking a few before I send it back.. but seriously take my word here... JUNK... shoulda' spent the money on bourbon
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:
    Anyone considering the replica on ebay from India.. DONT ! :)) I got one... figured at that price I could chance it just to see.. holy smokes this thing is a shame ! I honestly laughed when I opened the box.. low quality shiny smooth leather... cut is ALL kinds of wrong.. pockets are seriously off... just too much to say about how crappy this replica is... not worth the low price... honestly a $30 jacket at best... I'd post pics but it's late.. long day tomorrow... may get around to taking a few before I send it back.. but seriously take my word here... JUNK... shoulda' spent the money on bourbon
    Thanks so much mfisher, i was almost going to purchase that .... Thanks for that bro! Please send pics when possible cheers
    Yes i did ride the CAT
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:
    ebay

The only replica I see on ebay now is the one from Boutique England, which looks quite good in the pics posted here by members who have bought it. I assume that this is a different one?
  • scotty8692scotty8692 Posts: 137MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:
    ebay

The only replica I see on ebay now is the one from Boutique England, which looks quite good in the pics posted here by members who have bought it. I assume that this is a different one?

Yes, it is thelordflasheart. Can't see the other one on ebay anymore, but the inferior one was from India as I recall and was about 77 dollars or something like that.
    Yes... to be clear.. I am NOT referring to the one from Boutique England.. this one was from India... cost around $110.. so I knew at that price the odds were sketchy.. but curiosity got me.. but man... this thing is fugly
  • alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    ooh ooh PHOTOS PHOTOS!
    photo.jpg

Color is obviously way off... great color for a Raiders replica (which they also make.. I assume they used their stock for those).. pockets are straight edged instead of curved.. seams to the side of zipper are ridged instead of flat... just a huge miss... overall look is way off

Definitely sending this back... auction clearly states they will refund payment if buyer had issues with purchase... other thing is that after it was sent the seller contacted me wanting an additional $20 for shipping.. which is absurd and outside the terms of the original contract
    MFisher wrote:
    photo.jpg

Color is obviously way off... great color for a Raiders replica (which they also make.. I assume they used their stock for those).. pockets are straight edged instead of curved.. seams to the side of zipper are ridged instead of flat... just a huge miss... overall look is way off

Definitely sending this back... auction clearly states they will refund payment if buyer had issues with purchase... other thing is that after it was sent the seller contacted me wanting an additional $20 for shipping.. which is absurd and outside the terms of the original contract

OMG That is pants! The seller must be on crystal meth to pass that off as a replica.

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:

Was that the auction from India which used a STOCK Levi's jacket for the picture???

I saw it the other month and as soon as I saw them using stock pics presumed they would be naff
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • VinnyMacVinnyMac Posts: 246MI6 Agent
    Polynikes wrote:

OMG That is pants! The seller must be on crystal meth to pass that off as a replica.

...idk...looks like a jacket to me :))
    yeah... its a jacket.... just not going to be mine..
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Anyone still looking for this? Tried it on (again!) in a shop just now, had few in stock, including Medium.
    Which shop?

• TravelerTraveler NYCPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    Mr Porter currently has these in stock in M,L, and XL online, plus there is an S in transit back to them which I returned. As a note on fit, coloring etc., the original one that I received had an odd pattern to the distressing, with a very contrasting stripe-like effect down the front. If that we're the only one I could have had I would have kept it, but I decided to give it a try with one other since they had the stock, and I'm glad I did. The second one was overall slightly darker in tone, with much more natural and even distressing. Also, the fit was just a little bit more snug. The arms, while still long in comparison to everything else in my wardrobe, we're much better - easily half an inch shorter than the first one. If you check out the model in the video on the Mr Porter site, you will see they are long on him. That's not my favorite look, and if I had kept jacket number one I think I would have even ended up shortening them, which was really bugging me as I didn't want to compromise the originality. So, if you have the chance to compare several jackets it really does pay to do so, given the individual nature of these items. Overall it's an awesome jacket, very soft, with a perfect mid season weight, which is exactly what I was looking for.
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    I tried a M, L and XL on today and can confirm that the new run, although they look the same to me, are definitely smaller, almost a size smaller. I tried the Medium on a few months ago and it was a perfect fit. The Medium today was shorter and much tighter across the chest. The Large however fit me like the original Medium did. So just be aware.
    Also the leather seemed nicer on this new one, the previous one had parts that felt a little plasticy to me, but as they are al very individual, this could be down just to the jacket I actually tried on.

Sizing on this is starting to get as confusing as the Lodge jacket.

I didn't use to like this jacket but its grown on me considerably... dammit.
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    Its funny because I saw this jacket WAAAYYY back before skyfall was a thought in anyone's mind at my local Barneys Co-Op. I loved it but $900 was just alot of green for a distressed leather. I ended going back to see if they still had it but it was long gone. Ever since then Ive been chasing the dragon with this jacket. My medium I had was too big and now the new ones seem to have a different finish. :#
  • genericguygenericguy Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    Seller on ebay has M,L and XL at £380
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LVC-Levis-Vintage-Clothing-1930s-Leather-Jacket-Worn-Black-RRP-625-007-/300862162886?pt=UK_Men_s_Coats_Jackets&var=&hash=item8bb7eec9e5
    Think this is a slightly older one.
    Sorely tempted as this looks a bit longer.
    I tried on the current one in London and it was ridiculously short, like a bolero jacket, but this looks short but not so bad.