Skyfall James Bond leather jacket

Comments

• jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    bond_002.jpg

bond_003.jpg

The first picture is a new small ontop and lined up with an old small
    and the second in a new medium ontop of a old medium.

The arms are stupidly short and also shorter in the body too, you expect some consistency.

Ross
  • gregroegregroe Newport Beach, CAPosts: 117MI6 Agent
    I must have got a first run then, since the arms are gorilla length. :))

"The arms are stupidly short and also shorter in the body too, you expect some consistency."

Ross said
    Roe, Greg Roe¤♪♫,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°♪♫•
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    edited January 2013
    I've just taken some measurements off my 'new' medium.

Back length (from collar seam) = 25"
    Inside arm = 19"
    Outside arm = 26"

Would be interesting to know what yours are Ross, on original and new.
  • alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    seems to me a rushed job to capitalise on us idiots spending 600pounds on a levis jacket
  • timibladetimiblade Posts: 157MI6 Agent
    I think Levis made a very good deal with us, and it's time to start a revolution.
    I can't stop thinking about this difference between the 2 jackets. Levis is famous , everybody knows Levis and because of the movie they thought they can make more money. I don't think Levis needs money. I was suppose to buy this jacket next week and now I change my mind . We should react , make something, send emails to Levis.
  • CedricCedric Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    Actually i think this is great news. If you remember, the original run had long sleeves in all sizes as was mentioned on b&l, unionmade etc. These fit more true to size. I am pretty sure Levi's did this on purpose which means they're paying attention. I for one am happy about this edit and hope my pre-order from b&l is like this.
    I'm not talking about the size , I'm talking about the quality of the leather. I have a lot of leather jackets and trust me the quality of the new jackets today are shitty compare to the old jackets. And there are few company who respect the customers like Belstaff. Read the messages about the weight.
    If you know the leather like I know, there is a test . If you burn an old leather jacket the leather will not moves, but with the thin leather they use today , if you burn it it will change , it will become smaller.
    (SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Off to weigh my jacket :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • JB1962JB1962 USAPosts: 194MI6 Agent
    The sleeves on my new Small are long like the original jackets. Sounds like there may have been different batches of these made with different lengths? :s
  • Gordon009Gordon009 USAPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    My Peggs and Son one I just received is pretty awesome, same as my other one from August

My jacket (XL) from Peggs and Son also fits and looks great. Very happy with it.
    "Why should I need more time? Jobs done. The bitch is dead."
  • DanielCraigIsSoCoolDanielCraigIsSoCool Posts: 35MI6 Agent
    This new sizing problem is really absurd. I happily ordered a medium from Mr Porter, and the sleeves were stupid short. How is this possible that they cut INCHES off?? I have an ongoing dialogue with Mr Porter with the hopes that maybe one of the mediums has slightly longer arms since they're hand cut. I'm 6'2 with pretty long arms, but according to the "old" measurements the medium should have been perfect-it fit me great in the body (39/40 chest). This is really frustrating!
  • VinnyMacVinnyMac Posts: 246MI6 Agent
    This new sizing problem is really absurd. I happily ordered a medium from Mr Porter, and the sleeves were stupid short. How is this possible that they cut INCHES off?? I have an ongoing dialogue with Mr Porter with the hopes that maybe one of the mediums has slightly longer arms since they're hand cut. I'm 6'2 with pretty long arms, but according to the "old" measurements the medium should have been perfect-it fit me great in the body (39/40 chest). This is really frustrating!

Yeah...long arms are a gift for everything except clothes shopping. Nice job with your screen name. You really put thought into it, haha -{
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    I sold my large as it was a bit too big. I'm waiting on my pre order from bench and loom. I'm hoping that t it will have the long sleeves or it won't fit! Their web site reports that the sleeves are intentionally long in all sizes. Has anyone recently recieved a jacket from bench and loom? I don't expect mine till the end of feb.
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I'm a very regular 38R in all jackets and a 15" in shirts. I bought a 'Small' and it fits me perfectly. In fact, a friend who is a tailor wouldn't believe that it hadn't been custom-made for me. Maybe I'm just lucky, but it really is absolutely perfect.
    Anyone else waiting on a bench and loom menlo? I'm hoping the sizes are as per their size chart which state sleeves are long in all sizes.... As I've sized down I will defo need the longer sleeves.

• 00-Shane00-Shane Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    Polynikes wrote:
    Anyone else waiting on a bench and loom menlo? I'm hoping the sizes are as per their size chart which state sleeves are long in all sizes.... As I've sized down I will defo need the longer sleeves.

Me! I guess we'll just have to wait and see, although I have nothing to compare it to so I'll be happy as long as it fits.
    I had one from pegg and sons. A lovely jacket but it was just a bit too roomy for my liking.the sleeves were silly long.

• 00-Shane00-Shane Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    If anyone here watches 'Suits', Harvey is wearing the jacket in the latest episode!
  • WardlemWardlem Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    I'm 5' 6" and a 38 chest with a 32 waist. The small jacket hits perfectly in the arms. It's quite snug in the body. I can zip it up but I'm hoping it "gives" a bit over time. The jacket is quite short which I'm not used to!
  • don pdon p Posts: 589MI6 Agent
    Wardlem wrote:
    I'm 5' 6" and a 38 chest with a 32 waist. The small jacket hits perfectly in the arms. It's quite snug in the body. I can zip it up but I'm hoping it "gives" a bit over time. The jacket is quite short which I'm not used to!

it does take a bit getting used to,, the lenth of the jacket,,
  • DanielCraigIsSoCoolDanielCraigIsSoCool Posts: 35MI6 Agent
    Well I'm 6'2, 168 pounds, and generally need sleeves that measure at least 26" shoulder to cuff. The "older" batch of the jacket in size medium was at least that, if not longer. The newer ones from Mr Porter in size med measure only 25.5 in from shoulder to cuff!

I have the Buco jacket from Levis, made in Italy at the same place, in size med fits perfect with 27 in sleeves. So frustrating that the cut has changed!! Anyone annoyed by te length of te sleeves on their medium want to swap for one of the new shorter ones???
  • steve gsteve g Winter Park, FLPosts: 8MI6 Agent
    I just received my jacket today from Mr. Porter. I ordered a small because I read they run big. I'm 5'10 and 165 lbs with a 40" chest and wear a medium in almost everything. The small jacket was too small. I couldn't zip it up comfortably without it being very snug. The shoulders were okay. The sleeves seem a bit long, but I have that problem with other jackets as well. I just called and ordered a medium, although I'm probably going to have to find someone to shorten the sleeves. I would say that unless you're a 38 or smaller, go with a medium.
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    A small fits a 38R perfect. Im a 38 R and had a medium and it was just simply too big.
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    A small fits a 38R perfect. Im a 38 R and had a medium and it was just simply too big.
    You still have the jacket?
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    nope, I sold it because the fit was just too loose for me. It went to a fellow member for exactly the price I paid. Still havent pulled the trigger on another because it seems like they are just going to keep making them.
  • kavikavi Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    Hey guys I know this is a long shot but would anyone want to swap this leather jacket for a similar jacket in small, its just a bit big on my 36s frame. Anyway here it is:
    http://www.zalando.co.uk/levi-s-made-crafted-leather-jacket-blue-l4822g008-502.html?gclid=CL7xqtemg7UCFfHJtAodZi4AAw&wmc=SEM44_1879005

Its in blue and a medium, still with tags.
    TheExit148 wrote:
    You still have the jacket?

Hi
    Mr porter still have them in stock
    Ross
    kavi wrote:
    Hey guys I know this is a long shot but would anyone want to swap this leather jacket for a similar jacket in small, its just a bit big on my 36s frame. Anyway here it is:
    http://www.zalando.co.uk/levi-s-made-crafted-leather-jacket-blue-l4822g008-502.html?gclid=CL7xqtemg7UCFfHJtAodZi4AAw&wmc=SEM44_1879005

Can you not return it
    Ross
  • kavikavi Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    kavi wrote:

Can you not return it
    Ross

Unfortunately not. It was a Christmas gift , so no receipt. If it was small id keep it but its a medium. Beautiful jacket though, really nice and weighty.