Skyfall James Bond leather jacket

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Polynikes wrote:
    I'm going to order a large from bench and loom. I'm 6/3 215 with 44 chest 34 waist. Do you guys think the large will fit. It's a big investment and I'm not keen yo get it wrong!

I'm 43 / 44 and the XL has a fair bit of room in the chest however Rest of jacket seems ok so maybe the Large will be ok in chest but maybe too tight in shoulders etc. All really depends I guess on overall build. Thought my Large would be here today then I could have confirmed for you but sadly it didn't
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    Thanks! Let me know how it fits
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
  • Gordon009Gordon009 USAPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    I'm 6'2" 46 chest and I think it fits pretty well. If you're a 44 my guess is the Large will be right on you.
    "Why should I need more time? Jobs done. The bitch is dead."
    Thankyou

Cedric wrote:
    Try to contact them at general@benchandloom.com and ask if they can add you to the waiting list. But honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if pegs and sons or unionmade come up with a re-issue aswell.

They accepted an order from me yesterday. I was told they are still being cut and sewn. If you're quick there is still time to avoid trying to score one on ebay. It doesn't look like any UK supplier is going to re issue these. If it was going to happen I suspect it would have happened pre Christmas as with the barbour and billy Reid peacoat..... Still hoping Kafka will honour the pre order I have with them!

• TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Anyone order the Boutique England one on eBay? It looks actually pretty solid, and I know some people on Fillmjackets.com have ordered jackets from them and they have been pretty happy with them.
  • CedricCedric Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    @David: you are 5"9" and a Medium in this jacket, right?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    yep....40R, 32 inch waist...33 sleeve
    My large arrived today. OMG! OMG! This really is a lovely piece of kit very lightweight and excellent quality! It fits really well and being tall the long sleeves are not an issue. I would say ideal if you're between a 44-46 chest. I have another large on pre order which I expect in feb. If anyone is still waiting to obtain one pm me. I am only looking to recover the cost to me if it goes to someone here..... A good day! Took delivery of my pt jacket and genuine grigio perla lodato trunks.

• ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    Cedric wrote:
    @David: you are 5"9" and a Medium in this jacket, right?
    He has been genetically modified to replicate DC's form. -{
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
  • MI6 COMMANDERMI6 COMMANDER Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    Good news for all those who missed out! The Menlo jacket is again available in ALL SIZES on mrporter.com
    Good news for all those who missed out! The Menlo jacket is again available in ALL SIZES on mrporter.com
    Thats fecked the Ebay trade. :))
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    ExpatJB wrote:

It's probably not welcome news for Magnoli either! His will reportedly be $695 while Mr Porter's selling the real thing for $790. Of course, Indy's are made to measure which will appeal to anyone who struggles with stock sizes.
    ExpatJB wrote:

It's probably not welcome news for Magnoli either! His will reportedly be $695 while Mr Porter's selling the real thing for $790. Of course, Indy's are made to measure which will appeal to anyone who struggles with stock sizes.
    True. I have Magnoli CR and it is a great fit. Luckily the LVC is good straight out the Mr Porter box.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    I have a couple of small and medium Levi's jacket if people need them just looking to cover costs! Jackets were 625 plus postage
    Ross
    And I have a large. New with tags £600 plus postage.

• double oh sevendouble oh seven Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    ExpatJB wrote:

and by the looks of the last 2 posts, some members here too!
    ExpatJB wrote:

Some people buy items and sell at cost, to help other out, who cannot get hold of them where they are, like the 18 cos ties and numerious cos shirt which I have bought and sold to people on here making nothing at all out of them
  • don pdon p Posts: 589MI6 Agent
    ExpatJB wrote:

Some people buy items and sell at cost, to help other out, who cannot get hold of them where they are, like the 18 cos ties and numerious cos shirt which I have bought and sold to people on here making nothing at all out of them

thats because your a gentleman mate,,
    Lol only some of the time :)
    Ross
    Just a word of warning the new Levi's menlo jackets are crap quality I got some from mr porter and they are thinner leather and the sizing is totally different, If in never had the tags on it I would assume the new ones were £100 jackets from a high street store!!!!!
    Just a word of warning the new Levi's menlo jackets are crap quality I got some from mr porter and they are thinner leather and the sizing is totally different, If in never had the tags on it I would assume the new ones were £100 jackets from a high street store!!!!!

Are they still made in Italy? How do the sizes differ? I have one on pre order from bench and loom and assume it will be similar to the new batch from mr porter.

• alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    Polynikes wrote:

Are they still made in Italy? How do the sizes differ? I have one on pre order from bench and loom and assume it will be similar to the new batch from mr porter.

OUCH!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    My Peggs and Son one I just received is pretty awesome, same as my other one from August
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • JB1962JB1962 USAPosts: 194MI6 Agent
    I received my LVC from Mr. Porter the other day and I don't see any quality issues. Jacket is still made in Italy. I can't compare it to an orginal batch jacket, but mine has the soft supple feel others have reported. Leather isn't heavy weight, but not paper thin either.
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    pics of the jacket with quality issues?

I have handled several of these (both from the original SA season as well as the current one) and can tell if something is up
    I have an original one in medium and one I got from libertys too. But the ones I got from mr porters are paper thin compared to the older ones I would say about half the weight!

Also much shorter in the body and arms, I took some pics but can't add them from my ipad.

Ross
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    I received a medium from Mr Porter a few days ago.

It's certainly a very lightweight leather jacket - 1lb 13oz, or 825g on my kitchen scales. (Unfortunately, I've not handled one of the previous versions, like Ross has).

I have a Wested 'Indy' jacket in lambskin and that weighs nearly 2.5lbs, although there is more leather in it (front pockets, etc.)

Thankfully with the Levi's jacket, it fits me really well in terms of sleeve/body length and with the SA look, shoulder 'droop'.
    Hi
    Mine weight 1250g for my medium, don't know what size yours is?
    Ross
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    My Levi's jacket is a medium, so if yours is 1250g, it's effectively 50% heavier than mine at 825g......I see your point!