Skyfall James Bond leather jacket

Comments

• alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    genericguy wrote:
    Seller on ebay has M,L and XL at £380
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LVC-Levis-Vintage-Clothing-1930s-Leather-Jacket-Worn-Black-RRP-625-007-/300862162886?pt=UK_Men_s_Coats_Jackets&var=&hash=item8bb7eec9e5
    Think this is a slightly older one.
    Sorely tempted as this looks a bit longer.
    I tried on the current one in London and it was ridiculously short, like a bolero jacket, but this looks short but not so bad.

It's in BLACK! I fell for the same thing a few months ago, almost bought one then retracted my bid cause it seemed too good to be true!
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    the black is nice as well (maybe even better looking IMHO but its not the one Bond wore) -{
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,334MI6 Agent
    I went for the black. Great jacket. That auction is using a stock photo, btw.
    edited February 2013
    I guess, I already have a black leather, so i am looking for the Levi's in Brown for certain, just refuse to pay 600 for it, especially since the exact same one in a different colour is 300!
  • tardis1711tardis1711 Posts: 208MI6 Agent
    genericguy wrote:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LVC-Levis-Vintage-Clothing-1930s-Leather-Jacket-Worn-Black-RRP-625-007-/300862162886?pt=UK_Men_s_Coats_Jackets&var=&hash=item8bb7eec9e5
    I tried on the current one in London and it was ridiculously short, like a bolero jacket, but this looks short but not so bad.

Sold out if medium already. A black one would have done me.
    Will i ever get one.
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    Bench and loom have informed me my jacket will ship shortly. Obviously those in the U S will recieve theirs first. Some may already have one. I would love to know if they are sized as per their size chart which matches the measurements of the large I had from the old batch..... Or are they smaller as with the new ones mr porter on sale currently?.... Anyone?
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
    one can also buy a DB5 on their site as well -{
  • DanielCraigIsSoCoolDanielCraigIsSoCool Posts: 35MI6 Agent
    genericguy wrote:

How do you know this is an older stock? Unionmadegoods has the black ones in as of a few weeks ago-this gives me the impression new black versions have been produced as well. Does anyone know any more?
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,334MI6 Agent
    I know that is the same stock photo used on the auction in which I bought my jacket six months ago, so I would assume nothing off that photo.
  • roguetrooperXroguetrooperX Posts: 98MI6 Agent
    Got my LVC from Peggs & Son, excellent customer service. Ordered a M and L, and returned the L (I'm normally a Large in all jackets inc. BR, although I'm an XL in The Lodge - go figure?!).

The LVC Large was way too big in the body and the arms sooooo long! The jacket length was about the same as the Med. I knew as soon as I put the Med on it was the best fit of the two.

My stats are: 6ft, 43" chest & 36" waist if it helps anyone!
    IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg
  • steve gsteve g Winter Park, FLPosts: 8MI6 Agent
    Hopefully your post will help those who haven't purchased yet. Seems the Pegg & Sons run a bit bigger than the Mr. Porter ones. I got mine from Mr. Porter and the medium is snug on me. I'm 5-9, 165lbs with a 40" chest and 32" waist. I had to return a small.

So it sounds like if anyone buys from Pegg & Sons, buy a size smaller than normal, and your normal size if your buy from Mr. Porter.
  • tardis1711tardis1711 Posts: 208MI6 Agent
    edited February 2013
    Just got mine. Great jacket . Fits well.
    Im a 41 inch chest and medium fits me.
    For anyone who is interested, the eBay seller listed above actually has the brown jacket!! He shows the stock photo of the black one but I just received my medium and it is definitely the brown! What's more, it's older stock with the longer length. I think they have one or two left!!!! Weird how they got the color wrong-it's definitely darker from among the variety I've seen, but it is by no means the black one. It's VERY SA as a matter of fact.
    man, you just lucked out and got a deal. Only XLs are left by that guy. Man, I was considering getting one too!
    man, you just lucked out and got a deal. Only XLs are left by that guy. Man, I was considering getting one too!

Yup, pretty much dumb luck as I was happy to settle for the black at that price!
  • waugerwauger Glastonbury, CTPosts: 62MI6 Agent
    Anyone get a shipping notice from Bench & Loom yet? I know they are supposed to be here by the 25th but I thought we would be contacted with payment/shipping details. Card was charged but no other contact yet...
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    I'm still waiting .... Been billed the balance though. Just dreading the customs bill! A real pain as both mr porter and pegg and son both got more stock here in the UK!
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent

Yup, pretty much dumb luck as I was happy to settle for the black at that price!

I might not keep mine in medium in black I ordered it but already have the brown, if not if that is the size you need will just be wanting to get my money back on it
    Ross
    i dont understand Jared. Did you order a black from the same seller but now that these might be the OG brown ones you are thinking of selling it? If so, I def would be interested at the price you paid.
    i dont understand Jared. Did you order a black from the same seller but now that these might be the OG brown ones you are thinking of selling it? If so, I def would be interested at the price you paid.

No probs I'll let you know when it arrives, I thought it was going to be black and probably don't need another jacket. Lol

Ross
    sweet! ;-)
    Ordered a black one expecting a black one and got a brown one don't know what I'm going to do yet. That's totally thrown me. If I sell first refusal is yours returningson
    Ross
    -{
    There are several versions of these jackets floating out there and I thought I would offer a breakdown of the different label placement that seems to occur along with the changes in sizing.

Licensee Code Label attached to the side

KGrHqJn4FD76BSeKbBRGq1q5iiQ60_3.jpg

KGrHqJqQFDtWQkccBRGq1o4V-g60_3.jpg
    Ive only ever seen this on one jacket. Don’t know if this is a very early edition or some kind of one-off.

Original Issue from the correct season label placement with the “Made in Italy’ label as a completely separate label placed right below the Levis LVC label. Craig’s jacket in the film would have this label placement.

Notice how the stock photo shows the same tag placement
    KGrHqJHJBIFETYy4TBRJDYhnY860_12.jpg

1930s_Leather_Jacket_in_Black_0-1.jpg

KGrHqRpwFCs7Vk3MBQzVnedlQ60_57.jpg

Next season edition with Made in Italy in different scripting directly attached to the Levis LVC label

T2eC16JHJIQE9qUHrWZBQtVNQuNiQ60_12.jpg

The Mr. Porter Reissue

KGrHqRlgFELguHEUHBRHV2ZhFFw60_12.jpg

KGrHqFg8FDficPHNIBQ6yneRDsQ60_57.jpg

Notice how the stock pic matches.
    It's because the jacket is a continuing line and comes out each season, with small variants.
    totally understand that but because there is not other way to tell a difference between the seasons, thought Id post the tag placement. That way peeps can tell how old or new their respective jacket might be...
    totally understand that but because there is not other way to tell a difference between the seasons, thought Id post the tag placement. That way peeps can tell how old or new their respective jacket might be...

sorry Returningson, didn't see what you were doing, great idea. Will be a good help for identifying the different seasons models.
    On a side note, sizing wise what was the general consensus regarding those that are an L in the Lodge jacket? Medium or Large in the Menlo?
  • gregroegregroe Newport Beach, CAPosts: 117MI6 Agent
    My jacket from Pegg & Son's has it on the collar seam to the right and above the Levi's label. Got it last year.
    Roe, Greg Roe¤♪♫,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°♪♫•
  • JB222916JB222916 Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    May I ask something?

How can I maintain and protect this jacket?

I mean, with such a price

I want to wear it as long as I can.

But when it comes to summer, it's too hot to wear it......

Should I use the leather oil or something?