Bond 24 leading ladies (thanks Lexi)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    But you don't rise to it. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I wouldn't stand for comments like that, Number24 :D

But that Jessica Brown-Findlay... Wow! ;%

Those new Aston convertibles are a lot smaller in real life than you'd think, eh?
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    I thought it was a " Jag " ;) sadly she will not get the role in the
    new Bond as, her name Jessica Rose Brown-Findlay, would
    take up too much screen ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Tall enough for me !!
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,835MI6 Agent
    I think Jessica Rose Brown-Findlay is a Bond girl waiting to happen! But what do you think of her age? Fine or too Bibi Dahl? The rule of thumb is half your age plus eight, a test she fails (or rather Craig fails it :)) ) My opinion is that some 25 year olds look like teens and others look like women. Would you like one more picture just for the sake of it? ;%

tumblr_lwyjtkRyfV1qz9qooo1_1280.jpg
    Nice photo, -{ she must of hurt her neck getting out of that car. :))
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Jessica Alba might be a bit of a left field idea, but she does look good. :D
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    edited May 2014

Good looking - absolutely. Bond Girl material - she seems to be a mediocre actress as best, so I say no. I think you need an actress with a bit more presence to match up with Craig. (That's why Eva Green has been Craig's best Bond Girl to date).
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    " mediocre actress " indeed :)) haven't you seen Into the blue ! ;)
    It has to be up there with The Godfather & One flew over the cockoo's nest. :D
    Jessica Alba has a talent for comedy and action, plus she obviously is smokin' hot. But she is yesterday's news. 10-15 years ago she was fresh talent, but now she is more often in the tabloids than in the movies. What Bond needs is someone whom they haven't seen before, at least in the cinema.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    It has to be up there with The Godfather & One flew over the cockoo's nest. :D

Hmmmm...........don't know how I missed the boat on Ms. Alba! :s
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent

Good looking - absolutely. Bond Girl material - she seems to be a mediocre actress as best, so I say no. I think you need an actress with a bit more presence to match up with Craig. (That's why Eva Green has been Craig's best Bond Girl to date).

I agree about Eva Green. She and Craig had a chemistry that made CR a special movie. I've always thought EON should cast Rachel Weisz as Bond's love interest. She's a heckuva actress and she and Craig should be interesting together on screen.

And she's English! Why doesn't EON just go ahead and cast her?
    +1 for casting Rachel Weisz -{
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent

Of course you must know that she's Craig's missus. (It's Penelope Cruz nepotism speculation all over again!)

Bleuville.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,666Chief of Staff
    Bleuville wrote:

Of course you must know that she's Craig's missus. (It's Penelope Cruz nepotism speculation all over again!)

Bleuville.

Of course people know that...I think that's why most would be interested to see it happen...she's also a good actress - which helps :D
    YNWA 97
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Bleuville wrote:

Bleuville.

When it comes to the Bond franchise, people will always find something to whine about. Look at me! I'm whining that they won't cast Rachel Weisz!

If they did cast her 80% of ilmgoers wouldn't know/care that she's married to Craig 19% will think it's cool and 1% will complain (these are scientificly derived statistics). The 1% are the people who don't like the reboot or Craig and there's no pleasing them.
    You forgot about me! I may be a group of my own, or there may be more of us :D
    I think Weisz is too much of a established movie star. They should cast actresses people aren't used to seing in the cinemas. The best Bond actresses have been TV stars or relatively unknown movie actresses. Just look at the more recent times: Bérénice Marlohe, Eva Green and Izabella Scorupco were good. Terri Hatcher, Halle Berry and Denise Richards - not so good .....
    Halle Berry, can't figure out why she gave a below par performance :# but
    Terri Hatcher and Denise Richards, IMHO are TV actresses, and Eon were
    Scrapping the bottom of the barrel getting them. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh
    but they are very, very light weight actresses.
    Where as R Weisz is a good actress with a great line of films behind her. -{
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent

I did not see her acting in that movie -but her various hotpants and bikini tops and must confess that I liked them all on her ;% *
    Even in my age, I can feel a bit of excitement :)) :))

*if that qualifies for James Bond material I am all for it! :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I would nominate my GF for the next Bond Girl, but I don't think she would appreciate me Posting Pictures of her on here :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    :)) You see Bondtoys we can ( sometimes ) agree. {[]

AOS, your GF might not like it, but I'm sure many others might
    Appreciate it. :)) , especially Number24, he can't get enough
    Norwegian women. :D
    :)) :))
    It's only patriotism ;%
    True, Weisz is a much better actress than Denise Richards or Teri Hatcher combined. I won't really mind if she is cast, but I think the casting for Bond movies is at it's best when they show us new talent.
    To Quote Samuel Johnson, and paraphrase Bond in LALD.
    " Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel " ;)
    Although I know your in depth research is strictly honourable
    and only in the interest of AJB. :))
    I can see your point and do agree that sometimes new talent is
    better, but I don't have a problem with casting a more experienced
    actress. -{
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    but I don't have a problem with casting a more experienced
    actress. -{

..... as long as her cupsize is not below C :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    :)) cup size never interests me, I'm a leg man. :))
    To Quote Samuel Johnson, and paraphrase Bond in LALD.
    " Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel " ;)
    Although I know your in depth research is strictly honourable
    and only in the interest of AJB. :))
    I can see your point and do agree that sometimes new talent is
    better, but I don't have a problem with casting a more experienced
    actress. -{

To answer more seriously: imagine that for the first time in your lifetime it's fairly likely that an actress from your country is cast as a Bond girl. How would you react? :v

Second, I'm not talking of acting experience. Ingrid Bolsø Bordal's acting experience is not that bad compared to Weisz's (not that I belive that they are up for the same part, but ...)I'm talking of public profile. They could have cast a famous British actor to play Le Chifre, but wasn't it a nice surprice top see Mads Mikkelsen up there on the screen?
    I do agree if an unknown ( or not very well known ) actor plays
    a role, you tend to think of them as that character, onwards. -{