Daniel Craig Crockett & Jones boots

Comments

• Vesper007Vesper007 Enjoying Death,Country EnglandPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    The Crockett and Jones factory shop in Northampton is well worth a visit - I nipped along today and picked up some half price Tetburys... supposed to be seconds but near perfect .
    "007 Reporting for Duty"
  • 00dan00dan USAPosts: 11MI6 Agent
    I'm in for a pair as well if it's not too late sent you a pm
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Just to keep you updated I have 7 sets of details anyone's details I have not got have been sent an email as soon as the list hits 12 all details will be sent off to C&J :)

Ross
  • GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent
    That's great!
    Come on you other 5! ;%
    I now have 9 people's details
    Ross
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    I was in Crockett and Jones buying some shoe trees this week and was told that all of their prices were going up in March. Not sure if it will affect your deal but anyone deliberating might want to move sooner rather than later.
  • TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    Dang. Prices went up about a year ago as well. Is this an annual tradition for C&J or jut the past couple of years?
    Vandrell wrote:
    I was in Crockett and Jones buying some shoe trees this week and was told that all of their prices were going up in March. Not sure if it will affect your deal but anyone deliberating might want to move sooner rather than later.

:o
    Come on the remaining 3!
    Bad New Lauren from C&J said her manager has just come back fromHoliday and said he is not willing to make another batch as they promised the buyers of the last batch that they would not make another batch, although he has He has said he will take £600 pounds to make a single pair, how kind of him!
    I asked if I could get permission off the buyer of the last batch but the manager has again said no!
    Really sorry but appears they have changed there mind a couple of time from 6 to 12 we manage that then they say no we are not doing it
    Ross
    I don't know if the number change was suppose to put us off :(
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Disappointing for those that wanted them.
    On one hand though, I admire them for sticking to a Gentlemans agreement and turning down £3.5K.
    But on the other hand, they still seem willing to make as many as needed - at a price!

I'm not sure whether this is good customer service or not....
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Ross,

Thanks for your valiant efforts on this one. -{

I'll now just have to go and order a pair of Edward Green boots, that I've been putting off for some time, instead. Hopefully, they'll go nicely in the cupboard next to the John Lobb Romsey's! :D
    UNCLE27 wrote:
    Disappointing for those that wanted them.
    On one hand though, I admire them for sticking to a Gentlemans agreement and turning down £3.5K.
    But on the other hand, they still seem willing to make as many as needed - at a price!

I'm not sure whether this is good customer service or not....

My thoughts exactly :(
    Ross, a sincere thank you for your time and effort anyway.
    Muchly appreciated.

Gary.
    I've sent off another email for one last attempt so crossing my fingers as I ain't paying £600 pounds for them
    Ross
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    I just want to chime in here, I organized the original run of these "limited" boots and posted on here looking for people that wanted to get a pair made. I originally just looked for 6 people but there were more people interest so we upped it to 9 making it a limited run of 10 world wide including the pair DC has. Had everyone else expressed interest at the tie we could easily have made it 20.

C&J gave their word that they would be indeed be limited and are sticking by that and as mentioned above missing out on business in the process. The only way they would make any kind of exception to this is if the original 9 people were to agree to have them make more and I'm not sure everyone is willing to do that. :#
    sruzgar wrote:
    I just want to chime in here, I organized the original run of these "limited" boots and posted on here looking for people that wanted to get a pair made. I originally just looked for 6 people but there were more people interest so we upped it to 9 making it a limited run of 10 world wide including the pair DC has. Had everyone else expressed interest at the tie we could easily have made it 20.

C&J gave their word that they would be indeed be limited and are sticking by that and as mentioned above missing out on business in the process. The only way they would make any kind of exception to this is if the original 9 people were to agree to have them make more and I'm not sure everyone is willing to do that. :#

I never actually saw this put out to other people at the time asking if others wanted them, otherwise I would of added my name then!
    What really annoys me is first they said they could but it would have to be 12 rather than 6 then after we did that they said the couldn't
    Ross
  • double oh sevendouble oh seven Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    Would anyone mind if I got a pair on my own? The saving ain''t worth the wait!
    Unfortunately there are a few people who were on my original list that are putting their foot down here since they purchased these based on the exclusivity and limitedness of the run and there is no convincing them otherwise.

I am going to work with my contact at C&J to do a run of the brown Molton’s which they currently only make for Barneys New York and Daniel Craig who first got these on the movie The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and was then subsequently seen wearing them EVERYWHERE.

This run will not be limited in any way to allow more people the opportunity to get these and will again be £350 so if your interested please PM your details and I will get you added to the list.

Simon
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I am inteersted....
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    Unfortunately there are a few people who were on my original list that are putting their foot down here since they purchased these based on the exclusivity and limitedness of the run and there is no convincing them otherwise.

I am going to work with my contact at C&J to do a run of the brown Molton’s which they currently only make for Barneys New York and Daniel Craig who first got these on the movie The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and was then subsequently seen wearing them EVERYWHERE.

This run will not be limited in any way to allow more people the opportunity to get these and will again be £350 so if your interested please PM your details and I will get you added to the list.

Simon

Seems a little unreasonable that the people in the original MTO would be "putting their foot down".

That said, my mto won't be open to those that "put their foot down".
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Seems a little unreasonable that the people in the original MTO would be "putting their foot down".

Not THE people. Some of the people. No idea who, but I'm not one of them. I don't care how limited they are, no good to me when I wear these out as I won't be able to buy more, well, not for £350 anyway.

I'm in for the brown.

If anyone really likes the black Molton's, just buy the Tetbury's. They are just as nice.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Does anyone have pics of Craig wearing the brown?
    Here you go:
    daniel-craig-on-the-set-of-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo.jpg

Daniel-Craig-2.jpg

daniel-criag-rachel-weisz-afternoon-movie-date-01.jpg

daniel-craig-rachel-weisz-denim-jacket-duo-01.jpg
    Nice!!!!
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    edited March 2014
    Asp9mm wrote:

Not THE people. Some of the people. No idea who, but I'm not one of them. I don't care how limited they are, no good to me when I wear these out as I won't be able to buy more, well, not for £350 anyway.

With Aspy totally on this. I was one of those originally who supported Simon's project and couldn't give a damn how many bloody pairs are produced.

However, some one of that number at least has objected - probably cherishing the exclusivity of their personal ownership - and however cheap and unreasonable that might seem, it is something C&J seem to have listened to.

But I should also mention that if it hadn't been for the initiative and hardwork of Simon on this and a number of other projects, none of this would have been possible, projects others have tried extend and recreate for themselves from that initial hardwork.

Simon made the originally order open to as many as would like to come on board; at the time, only 8 supported Simon's project.

Simon has opened the new project to as many takers who want to take advantage again. I recommend the opportunity is not missed to avoid similar upset later.
  • mcq13371mcq13371 Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the update. Obviously disappointed that the black shoes are a no go, but totally understand and respect C&J's decision to honor the original exclusivity agreement.

That said, I'd love to get a pair of the Brown Barney's.

Put me on the list.
  • WardlemWardlem Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    Here you go:
    daniel-craig-on-the-set-of-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo.jpg

Daniel-Craig-2.jpg

daniel-criag-rachel-weisz-afternoon-movie-date-01.jpg

daniel-craig-rachel-weisz-denim-jacket-duo-01.jpg

he is wearing a canada-goose jacket in the first picture by the look of it
  • WardlemWardlem Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    im in for the brown, and I dont mind if another run is made (being one of the lucky original ones)
    Can I confirm if it's the micro rubber sole (as advertised on Barney's website) or dainite sole?

Thanks,
    Gary
    edited March 2014
    Its the micro rubber sole, the danite was only on the black ones.

Pretty sure this is it but I will confirm with C&J

daniel_craig.jpg
  • mcq13371mcq13371 Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    Hi Simon,

Thanks for arranging this.

PM sent.

Andy