Daniel Craig Crockett & Jones boots

12345679»

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I find C&J to be true to size. So, if you normally take a US9 (for example), a UK8 would be your size (UK sizes are US -1). If you're anywhere near Barneys, they sell a number of C&J and although I don't think they carry the Skye, you could pop in and try on other C&J shoes/boots with a similar last/width to get an idea of what size Skye you need before ordering a pair.
  • Chip BellwoodChip Bellwood New YorkPosts: 3MI6 Agent
    I find C&J to be true to size. So, if you normally take a US9 (for example), a UK8 would be your size (UK sizes are US -1). If you're anywhere near Barneys, they sell a number of C&J and although I don't think they carry the Skye, you could pop in and try on other C&J shoes/boots with a similar last/width to get an idea of what size Skye you need before ordering a pair.

Thanks, this definitely helps. I normally wear a 10.5 in the Alden Indy boots and this will be my first pair of C&J. I was looking at the Islay and the Skye. I live right outside NYC so i'm close to a Barney's and the only USA Crockett retail shop. I'll have to make a trip and lock down my size. Maybe i'll stop by Tom Ford and see if DC is in there. :p
  • BRIXMISBRIXMIS Great BritainPosts: 171MI6 Agent

Thanks, this definitely helps. I normally wear a 10.5 in the Alden Indy boots and this will be my first pair of C&J. I was looking at the Islay and the Skye. I live right outside NYC so i'm close to a Barney's and the only USA Crockett retail shop. I'll have to make a trip and lock down my size. Maybe i'll stop by Tom Ford and see if DC is in there. :p
    I am a 8.5 to a 9 in UK sizes, and take an 8.5 F in a C&J 'Harry' which is an Islay on a slightly wider last. Interestingly I also have a pair of Alden Indy boots and take a 9 in that, so a starting point for you might be a UK 10.
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent

Barney's is a good place and has ridiculous markdowns. I think they had Tetburys for $350 last year (on sale) and they've been known to go down as low as $249. I snagged a pair of Lingfields for that price.

Happy hunting!
  • Chip BellwoodChip Bellwood New YorkPosts: 3MI6 Agent

Barney's is a good place and has ridiculous markdowns. I think they had Tetburys for $350 last year (on sale) and they've been known to go down as low as $249. I snagged a pair of Lingfields for that price.

Happy hunting!

Thanks for the advice. It looks like Barney's is the best place to look for great prices. Just have to wait for the sales to come up this season.
  • Alg77Alg77 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Just to say if anyone wants to sell a pair uk9 then please pm me thanks
  • Jeff LynneJeff Lynne Washington DCPosts: 53MI6 Agent
    Don't mean to rehash an old thread. But I just received these in brown and will now order the black: http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/Barneys-New-York-Suede-Chukka-Boots-504071741.html
    A great budget alternative to the black Molton's for $64.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Jeff Lynne wrote:
    Don't mean to rehash an old thread. But I just received these in brown and will now order the black: http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/Barneys-New-York-Suede-Chukka-Boots-504071741.html
    A great budget alternative to the black Molton's for $64.

The size 12 sold out as I was adding it to my bag. I have had rotten luck trying to get inexpensive black chukkas.
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    WD, don't know if they ship internationally, but what about these...

http://www.sanders-uk.com/shop/product/Sanders-holborn-6140bs
  • Alg77Alg77 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Just to say in the end I called C&J talked to Lauren and six weeks later had a pair in black. I post because when I read this thread it seemed as if this was a final one off run not so :)
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Thanks, Skippy. $300 isn't quite cheap enough. :)) Looking for more of a beater pair as it were. Pity, as I like the fact that the Sanders are G width.

Alg77, from what I recall you can still get the black Moltons, but at a considerable MTO premium. The ajb group buy would have been at the then regular price.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Cant say I was impressed with the SPECTRE Sanders - worn them once (mainly to the pub hence indoors for most of the duration) and the soles wore down considerable in the heel
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Agree! Wore them three times including just around my house at a themed party and the soles look trashed...now have become display items (which I can't stand).....

welshboy78 wrote:
    Cant say I was impressed with the SPECTRE Sanders - worn them once (mainly to the pub hence indoors for most of the duration) and the soles wore down considerable in the heel
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    I was part of the black Molton order group and I have to say, also a nice boot... Black sued shoes are not easy to combine. They always look a bit strange to me and I have hardly worn them for that reason. Not my favourite at all. Given the choice they would be fantastic in brown or dark brown but I black I would not buy them again. Not in black.
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    Oh and the Sanders. When comparing the quality and fit of the Sanders and the JCrew Kentons... Day and Night. JCrews is a winner. Sanders look nice but I doubt that they are the quality of the original Playboys chukkas. Steve Mcqueentwould not have worn the Sanders ...