Daniel Craig Crockett & Jones boots

Comments

• cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    And I thought his Skyfall suits looked awful...

Yeah looking at that picture one wonders if his shoes even fit.
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    article-2627804-1DD2A40E00000578-467_634x863.jpg

I'd always maintained that the Tom Ford suits in Skyfall looks great on Craig, and not too tight as some people think. But this one is CLEARLY too tight. The first word that pops in my head when I saw the picture was "Round". There's no shape but round!

But I never thought about wearing a full suit with a pair of suede chukka before. It looks pretty good!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I thought Craig's suits were so tight in Skyfall, that if he saw
    A lady he really, really liked. We would have all SEEN the evidence ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    If you check out the pics on my original post he had previously worn the Black Molton's with a suit, I didn't love that but its growing on me now. Then again I actually thought this suit was kind of nice ;%
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I think suede shoes (preferably brown, but black too) can look good with a suit, but I think suede chukka boots are too casual for a worsted suit. But a linen or tweed suit, sure.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    So sadly 3 people dropped out of the brown Molton order and have not responded to several attempts to reach out to them. We need 3 more people to make this order happen so if anyone wants to jump on board please PM me.

Thanks
    Simon
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    How much are they again? And how much are normal brown Tetburys ?
    They are £325 a pair for those if you live in the UK and a little less in the USA once they take the VAT off.

Im not sure how much Brown Suede Tetburys are.
    there are now 4 slots open for the Custom Brown Molton order as someone else just dropped out.
    I'm getting confused between the Molton and Tetbury. The Tetburys only come in an E fitting, which rules me out. What about the Moltons ?
    The Last on the Molton is 336, which is a squarer toe version of Chiltern with notch welts (heavier edging) and I beleive is an E fitting but would have to check my boots
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    edited August 2014
    C&J widths are a bit confusing. I read on another forum that they use E to mean medium width, or what other English shoemakers call F fitting. Is this the case? Can anyone who has a wide foot and bought C&J boots chime in? Does a MTO Molton give a choice on width?

So the brown Molton price for US buyers is £325 minus VAT (usually 20%) plus £30 shipping, correct? That's £290 or around $493. Plus possible custom fees.

Edited because my math sucks, as shown by Matt's quote of my post. :D
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    C&J widths are a bit confusing. I read on another forum that they use E to mean medium width, or what other English shoemakers call F fitting. Is this the case? Can anyone who has a wide foot and bought C&J boots chime in? Does a MTO Molton give a choice on width?

So the brown Molton price for US buyers is £325 minus VAT (usually 20%) plus £30 shipping, correct? That's £320 or around $540. Plus possible custom fees.

C&J does indeed use E for medium width. That's what fits me, and I have a medium width in all of my other shoes.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    there are now 4 slots open for the Custom Brown Molton order as someone else just dropped out.

PM sent.
    I spoke to C&J today who said something similar - that their E was equivalent of a Church's F.
    Either way, still to small for me. I'll be after the Church Ryder's instead as they come in G.
    CRB, I have a wide foot and believe I'd need a G fitting as well (I usually wear a US 11.5 2E or 11.5 4E). But I could maybe do an F Fitting by sizing up. For example in Clark Desert Boots I can wear an 11F or 10.5G (I've found both in different stores here in California marked as US 12M or 11.5M respectively) although I much prefer the roominess of the G since I also have a high arch.

At least if I ordered the wrong size Church, I could return it and only loose shipping. If a MTO didn't fit, there's $500 down the drain. Pity because the Moltons with Dainite soles look very good.
  • WardlemWardlem Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    I have to say it's pretty annoying that people commit to this and then drop out without even telling anyone

I was curious so I asked and apparently they are 600 a pair to make them outside of this bulk order
    I concur Wardlem :-(
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    edited August 2014
    Agreed - people shouldn't really put their names forward, unless:
    - they are willing to see things through to conclusion come what may,
    - they already have experience of C&J sizing/widths; and
    - are oblivious to financial woes, or the influence of females! :D
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    Has anybody already recieved the Black Moltons? I had received the confirmation from C&J April 30 ,,, was told it takes 12-14 weeks to make them ,,, 13 weeks have past now ,,, so the shoes must be ready soon ,,, quite a process.
  • goonergooner Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    Friedl41 wrote:
    Has anybody already recieved the Black Moltons? I had received the confirmation from C&J April 30 ,,, was told it takes 12-14 weeks to make them ,,, 13 weeks have past now ,,, so the shoes must be ready soon ,,, quite a process.

I emailed them a few weeks ago and understand they should be ready at end of month.
    Well sadly wee need another two people to get the Brown Molton's made so if anyone fancies jumping on board and getting a great pair of boots and helping out at the same time it would be appreciated.
  • 00dan00dan USAPosts: 11MI6 Agent
    For all of you waiting - Got my tracking number on the black Moltons order today.
    Still desperately need 2 more people to get the brown Molton's pushed through so if anyone wants a pair please let me know.
  • mcq13371mcq13371 Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    Be such a shame if we can't find two more people - I've been waiting for these shoes for ages.
    My black Molton boots arrived today. They are amazing. I think they fit better than the Tetbury but i am only wearing them for 5 minutes ... I also like the shape a little bit better. They are more elgant than the Chruch Raider III but less than the Tetbury ... Walking in the Molton is very comfortable, and nicer than in the Tetburys which still need some breaking in and feel a bit bigger due to the pointy tip ... Also i have been wearing the Tetburys quite a bit.

Overall. I am very happy!
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    Friedl41 wrote:
    My black Molton boots arrived today. They are amazing. I think they fit better than the Tetbury but i am only wearing them for 5 minutes ... I also like the shape a little bit better. They are more elgant than the Chruch Raider III but less than the Tetbury ... Walking in the Molton is very comfortable, and nicer than in the Tetburys which still need some breaking in and feel a bit bigger due to the pointy tip ... Also i have been wearing the Tetburys quite a bit.

excellent.

Mine are in the post. Same size and fit as the Tetbury?
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    ExpatJB wrote:
    Friedl41 wrote:

excellent.

Mine are in the post. Same size and fit as the Tetbury?

Yes, they are both 9 E. The Tetbury feel a bit larger because they are more pointy. They are really great.

Would love to order them in brown, too, but it is a lot of money ... So I will pass ... But to those who are still thinking ... Get them! There are only 2 more missing to complete the order ... At least thats what i understood.
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    Just bought a nice pair of black suede Holborn chukkas from Bradshaw & Lloyd. Not quite Moltons nor Tetbury but very nice, especially the price! On a par with my Church Ryder 3s, more rounded toe like the Ryder's. Not as pointy as the Tetburys. I looked for the black Tetburys but needed a wide fit! Pleased with the quality and speed of delivery. Dainite sole!

http://www.bradshawandlloyd.com/bradshaw-lloyd-holborn-2#
    edited August 2014
    Llafyks wrote:
    Just bought a nice pair of black suede Holborn chukkas from Bradshaw & Lloyd. Not quite Moltons nor Tetbury but very nice, especially the price! On a par with my Church Ryder 3s, more rounded toe like the Ryder's. Not as pointy as the Tetburys. I looked for the black Tetburys but needed a wide fit! Pleased with the quality and speed of delivery. Dainite sole!

http://www.bradshawandlloyd.com/bradshaw-lloyd-holborn-2#

Very nice. Looks like a rebranded Loake Kempton or a Sanders, only in black. Only 10 Pounds worldwide Shipping. Something to keep in mind. And a G fitting for wide feet. Very tempting.