Anything Good on TV ?

Comments

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:

Hey Lady Rose... it's been a while :D

I have to say I was really disappointed in Liar... I felt it lacked a decent twist... although I do agree, Ioan Gruffudd is looking mighty fine:x

Did you watch the second series of Dr. Foster? Brilliant!

I'm enjoying the Apprentice - although each year the candidates seem to get thicker and thicker :)) and Blue Planet II is just superb.

The spy series on BBC4 (?) in Elizabethan times is also worth a watch - can't remember it's name, and I've just caught up with Louis T on Scientology which was fascinating... such a weird cult, and I'm hooked into any programme about it!

LIAR did get a bit silly at the end but I found Ioan enough of a distraction to keep me interested :D

DR FOSTER also went a bit silly but also very watchable ...

I have decided that Elizabeth from 'The Apprentice' would make a brilliant Q type character ... :))
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    A bit ashamed to admit I binged and watched s 6 Longmire over the weekend just superb . Wish now I'd rationed it sounds corney but does feel bittersweet. At least books still coming and some hope of movie
    Anthony
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I'm watching season 3 of Fargo. That series is never short of exellent.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Scot Squad ( BBC Scotland ) available on i-player.
    Only just discovered this spoof police series, but
    It's very funny :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I may check that out over Christmas -{
    Not on TV but on bbc radio player and I player "mi6 a century in the shadows" this is a documentary in 3 episodes, compelling listening and totally fascinating.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,944MI6 Agent
    I caught a couple episodes of Blandings
    its PG Wodehouse, and its got Jennifer Saunders as the imperious aunt type
    should be as good as Jeeves and Wooster right?, but its not
    the two episodes I caught relied on zaniness more than Wodehouse's words
    and Wikipedia tells me some of the plot wasn't even from Wodehouse, why would they do that when Wodehouse wrote 11 or 12 books just about this one set of characters?
    on the positive side Empress the pig is indeed beautiful
    _66059784_hi017207345.jpg
    I'm watching the BBC documentary "Kim Philby - a most intimate betrayal". I have read Ben McIntyre's book earlier, and the author narrates the series too. Great stuff, I can reccomend the series very highly. :007)
    Escape to Athena ( BBC 2 ) a great Roger Moore film -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    All hail The League of Gentlemen -{

The first episode was the funniest thing on tv this year :))
    YNWA 97
    Agreed {[]
    For any fans of the show on the bbc radio player the first radio series is available.
    Watching a few old episodes of The Persuaders. Directed
    By Roger, with his daughter Deborah ( in an early role )
    and Roger's first screen Bond girl. Madeleine Smith.
    New series of " Inside No 9 " on bbc2 just starting -{. Rory Kinnear guest stars.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    I've heard it's like a new kind of Tales of the Unexpected, TP, but I've sadly yet to see an episode yet!
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Yes, all the stories have a twist ending. One episode from the last series " The Riddle of the sphinx " ( I think it was called ).
    About a crossword master is amazing, some very clever writing. -{
    I've heard it's like a new kind of Tales of the Unexpected, TP, but I've sadly yet to see an episode yet!

Then I’d urge you to seek them all out...my favourite episode was the one starring Sheridan Smith -{
    YNWA 97
    {[] Death in Paradise is Back {[] basically
    Midsomer Murders in the Caribbean :D but
    I love it, I've all the episodes .
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    {[] Death in Paradise is Back {[] basically
    Midsomer Murders in the Caribbean :D but
    I love it, I've all the episodes .

Yes, saw a little of it last night. Father Dougal McGuire has certainly come a long way! :))

I must buy the series on DVD some time to play catch-up.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Gymkata wrote:
    We just finished PEAKY BLINDERS season 4 a few days ago. It's an excellent show in general, but season 4 was on another level entirely. It's on Netflix in the USA and is well worth the time

Series 4 was much better than Series 3 which I thought lost it's way.

Love Cillian Murphy. I was watching some Youtube clips of him recently. It was odd to see him laughing and smiling :))
    My daughter told me about this week's " Tattoo Fixers".
    In which a guy who loved the character Scaramanga.
    Had a tattoo of a third nipple on his chest, but it looked
    Bad, like a scab. Apparently they fixed it by covering it
    With a Goldeneye tattoo.
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

Then I’d urge you to seek them all out...my favourite episode was the one starring Sheridan Smith -{

Watched the first two episodes last night ..... excellent as usual.

Agree with Sir Miles the Sheriden Smith episode is also my favourite -{
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    Just watched the first series of Motherland - consistently funny :))
    YNWA 97
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    My wife has been devouring the Dr. Blake Mysteries on Netflix. I'm sure that her attraction to the star, Craig McLachlan, doesn't have anything to do with her current binge watching spree. Anyways, I've found myself watching them as well and they're pretty solid.

Looks like Netflix (USA, anyways) has seasons 1-3. Hopefully we'll get the remaining seasons soon as my wife is burning through them at a record pace.
    I haven't seen Dr Blake but it's been suspended due to allegations made against craig McLachlan
    Anthony
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I don't have HBO, so I didn't get to see the Westworld TV series during its original run. I went ahead and bought the Blu-Ray, and all I can say is. . .WOW! It takes the Crichton concept and basically reverses it, making the humans into unfeeling monsters and the androids (really they now seem to be cyborgs--their skin is some kind of biological covering) into sympathetic creatures that are gaining consciousness and an awareness they are being used for horrible purposes. Well-made, well-acted. . .one of the examples of how TV is now a lot better than movies.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    I've been watching 'Start Up' ... took me a while to get into it but really enjoying it now ...

Martin Freeman is a revelation (though I still picture him doing the Vodaphone adverts occasionally). Interesting casting.

Just finished Series 1 and moved onto the second one. I'm really looking forward to it because Ron Perlman's in it.However, two episode in and he hasn't appeared yet ... I feel I'm being trolled :))
    Sir Miles wrote:

Will do! Must buy them on DVD. I have the complete series of TOTU. I also have all of Dahl's short stories. Big fan of that type of thing!
    Both Domionic West and I want a Flashman TV-series! :D -{

RV-AR156_BKRVFr_G_20150918101804.jpg

Bnwb40uIUAALsti.jpg
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    is that bottom picture Curzon Street Mayfair
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,944MI6 Agent
    I've been rewatching Deep Space Nine
    I always like the Kira-centric episodes, they're just so messy and gray, all that byzantine Bajoran politics and all the guilt about who did what during the Occupation
    theres a first season episode called Duet, a simply staged two-hander where Kira spends the entire episode in a prison cell with a Cardassian who is not quite who he seems, one of the heaviest things ever done on any version of Star Trek

anyway I was admiring the character of Kai Winn, the smarmy conniving manipulative religious leader who takes control of Bajor at the end of season 2, thinking how awesome that actress chews up the scenery ... I know the actress' name is Louise Fletcher and I've heard of her before, but I'm a bit slow witted...
    I finally put 2 + 2 together: Louise Fletcher was Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, one of the most iconic villains of the New Hollywood era! they're practically the same character, she's Big Nurse in Space!
    Watching Star Trek Discovery, now that they've gone into the
    Mirror Universe, it's getting a lot better. Although I must say
    How bloody sexy Michelle Yeoh is as the Empress :x
    Just finished watching Mindhunter on Netflix.

Really enjoyed it.

If you like serial killers, this is a show for you !!! :)