Anything Good on TV ?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Having great fun re-watching the original Star Trek, on Netflix. Truly a brilliant series. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I've just been rewatching a load of 'Little Britain' recently.

It's very funny but I doubt it would be made nowadays.
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Any suggestions? I just rewatchef "The IT Crowd" and "Are You Being Served?"
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Some mothers do have em, In sickness and in health, till death us do part. probably find them on you tube.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    "The Norsemen" (it's in English)

"The unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt"
    Itv4 advertising their Bond film tonight NSNA . The voice over
    Said all the usual stuff about Sean Connery as James Bond
    Saving the world again........ but they had a picture of Roger
    From AVTAK on screen :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,344Chief of Staff
    :)) I was watching a documentary about Genesis a while back, and the narrator was talking about Peter Gabriel being the singer... over footage of Phil Collins singing.
    Enjoying the RAF fly past to celebrate 100 years of the RAF -{
    I saw the two first episodes the new Swedish/Danish co-production "Greyzone" last night.
    It deals with terrorism, espionage and technology and looks very promising. If you enjoy hearing English spoken with a Scandinavian accent this is the TV-series for you, since there is a fair bit of interaction with non-Nordic characters. One of the leads is Birgitte Hjort Sørensen (Borgen, Vinyl, a short and memorable appearance in GoT), but so far I miss a standout central character like Saga Norén in "Broen".
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Well we have on Forces TV , every night now , it used to be Fri/Sat/Sun , old re-runs of The TV series
    Starsky and Hutch , it's great to see those classic 70 shows .I had a chance back in the 80s to buy a S&H replica Ford Gran Toino complete with the huge white vector stripe , but the thing wouldn't fit in my mum and dads garage ,oh those were the days
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-44807200
    Sad news, the 9th series of " Still Game" will be the last. :#
    I'm watching "Joannna Lumley's India". I love her documentaries. It's impossible for me to see something like this without thinking of locations for Bond movies. What about a chase scene in the winding Valparai road?

1591993d1483536588-road-trip-athirappilly-valparai-hairpins.jpg
  • Mr SnowMr Snow Station "J" JamaicaPosts: 1,736MI6 Agent
    Finished watching Forbrydelsen (The Killing) the Danish TV series last night. Only took 10 nights to watch all 40 episodes it was that good.

Like a Fleming novel after each chapter you can't wait to read the next chapter or in this case watch the next episode. So many twists and turns and who was the culprit could have been one of a dozen.

Loving these shows from Scandanavia and once again don't get put off by the subtitles; for me anyway I like to hear the dialogue in a native tongue.

Next up will be 'The Bridge'. -{
    "Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". - Homer J Simpson
    The man in the High Castle series 3, is set for release later in the year -{
  • FrigilianaFrigiliana Posts: 164MI6 Agent
    You've got a treat OGG007 with The Bridge series, my wife and i loved it . We're watching The Killing now .

I haven't seen any of the episodes yet. Is it any good?
  • IanFryerIanFryer Posts: 327MI6 Agent

Back in the day I was a massive Philip K Dick fan. Funnily enough, despite it winning awards, The Man in the High Castle wasn't one that especially spoke to me. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? is a very different experience to its celebrated movie adaptation and very rewarding.

The one I especially enjoyed was Ubik. I would have loved to have seen a film version of that, but so many of Dick's novels have been bastardised and ruined in their transfer to the screen that perhaps it should stay on the printed page.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,280MI6 Agent
    The New Avengers.

It's a bit of an odd one, isn't it? For our younger members, this is the belated sequel to The Avengers, the cult 60s TV series with Steed and usually Emma Peel (Diana Rigg).

Brian Clemens returns as writer, and the quirkiness of the plots remains, but it is roughened up a bit. There's no sense this occupies a distinct parallel universe, it has too much of the 1970s feel of shows like The Sweeney or The Professionals, it's a bit Street.

The dynamic is altered, and Gareth 'Milk Tray Man' Hunt is brought in as young muscle and yet it doesn't quite work. There can't be much sexual chemistry much between Joanna Lumley and Steed, he being much older, but nothing really pans out between sexy Gareth and Ms Lumley either, he being Comp and her being posh, though it could work I suppose, it was the basis of Dempsey and Makepeace much later on, and it has that kind of vibe to it. I think the third in the triangle could have been less of a sexual presence really.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    I love the New Avengers, I have the box set of both series. A third series was planned but in the end
    they went with a new show, The Professionals ( which I also love ) :D In my mind if they went for a
    reboot of the Avengers they could use a character of maybe the son or daughter of Gambit and Purdey.
    The third series of The New Avengers was planned with added funding from Germany, the French finance the producers had relied on having dried up during the second season.

Mark 1 Productions were geared up to produce The Professionals and The New Avengers series 3 simultaneously (season 2 of New Avengers and the setting up of The Professionals had already taken place at the same time).

The reason behind the demise of The New Avengers was that Joanna Lumley didn't want to continue. She was such a hit as Purdey that they didn't have a show without her.

Most of this was in the press at the time but has been somewhat forgotten over the years.
    Although she was happy to return in a spin off series
    In the early 90s with Gambit, but sadly it never got off
    The ground.
    Although she was happy to return in a spin off series
    In the early 90s with Gambit, but sadly it never got off
    The ground.

Re my earlier post regarding The New Avengers production history, the best place to find this information is Andrew Pixley's stunningly well-researched viewing notes provided with the Network Blu Ray box set of The Professionals series one.

The New Avengers is desperate for a full restoration (the DVD set available is quite poor) but apparently the location of the original sound and picture elements is proving elusive.
    I was watching a youtube video on future movies, and it seems the much often
    spoke of, Six Million dollar man movie has been given the green light. Only it
    now stars Mark Wahlberg and will be called The six Billion dollar Man.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    I was watching a youtube video on future movies, and it seems the much often
    spoke of, Six Million dollar man movie has been given the green light. Only it
    now stars Mark Wahlberg and will be called The six Billion dollar Man.

Well, you have to account for inflation! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    :)) Medical care is not cheap in America !
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    :)) Medical care is not cheap in America !

Yes, the "walletectomy" is the most common US medical procedure. :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    For fans of the Carry On films. There's a great documentary series on ITV2
    Carry On Forever, some fantastic stories and facts on the making of the series.

One interesting srory from Bernard Cribbins on making Carry On Jack, having to
    do fight sequences on the rigging of a sailing ship. When He asked where the
    stuntman was, he was told "You're him ..... now get up there !" :)) .. so it's
    not just Tom Cruise who does his own stunts
    The story I heard is that Cribbins was dropped from the Carry Ons after complaining on set about a dangerous sequence involving bullet squibs or however they simulate bullets hitting walls. Their loss, as he was very good.
    I enjoy watching documentaries on TV, often about history and current affairs. Tonight I'm watching a maraton of the Swedish documentary "Modelflickor" ("Model girls"). It's strangely facinating B-)
    Enjoying Are you being served on "Gold", very un- PC
    and still very finny :))