Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Big thanks to DBS(Craig) for these Kenton's. Love them! I have been trying to secure these for a long time and finally got my size.
    image.jpg
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • gregroegregroe Newport Beach, CAPosts: 117MI6 Agent
    I'm a US12. Any other Kenton in Sahara leads out there…
    Roe, Greg Roe¤♪♫,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°♪♫•
  • MinSpyMinSpy Saratoga NY, USAPosts: 55MI6 Agent
    Thanks to Skippy for the 'Private White' link. So I was just on the site and noticed they have a lot of clothes similar in fashion to items I'm sure we are all looking for. The blue cardigan (Inis Meáin Moss Rib Jacket) is almost like the ribbed Tom Ford one in Quantum, the beanie(Inis Meáin Ribbed Beanie Hat in Navy) looks like a good version of the Spectre beanie. I think I may pull the trigger on the Bomber but not sure about size, I'm usually a 42 chest which is large, anyone have experience with their sizing? I like the harrington but it's not in navy.
  • NikoNiko Posts: 73MI6 Agent
    That original Dior Jacket does look amazing (and the Private White VC alternatives) but because I've already spent a shed load of cash recently they also look to be out of my price range. I'm sure Indys version will be spot on (we'll have to wait to see what price he can produce these for).

For those of us looking for cheaper jackets Polynikes (in the Mr White Jacket thread) pointed out a very good jacket from Next clothing. I purchased a couple of jackets from the store and I'm very pleased with the current season jacket for £85.

It's a regular fit and is made made from 58% wool with a polyester lining. It has a detachable fleece collar which makes it a genuinely warm jacket, a couple of hand warmer pockets behind two buttoned pouch pockets and one internal pocket.

The front has a standard zipper (not offset) and there are no buttons up the front. The sleeves have buttons not zippers.

DSCF0636_Small.jpg

DSCF0638_Small.jpg

DSCF0641_Small.jpg

DSCF0642_Small.jpg

DSCF0648_Small.jpg

DSCF0657_Small.jpg

Jkt2_Small.jpg

If you are looking for a reasonably cheap alternative go have a look in store or here:-

http://www.next.co.uk/g728346s2#363040
  • Obi Sean KenobiObi Sean Kenobi Posts: 215MI6 Agent
    Very nice!

Can we see pics with you wearing it?

And can you take some pics of the cuff? I wonder if this can be altered to add zippers to the sleeves...

Niko wrote:
    That original Dior Jacket does look amazing (and the Private White VC alternatives) but because I've already spent a shed load of cash recently they also look to be out of my price range. I'm sure Indys version will be spot on (we'll have to wait to see what price he can produce these for).

For those of us looking for cheaper jackets Polynikes (in the Mr White Jacket thread) pointed out a very good jacket from Next clothing. I purchased a couple of jackets from the store and I'm very pleased with the current season jacket for £85.

It's a regular fit and is made made from 58% wool with a polyester lining. It has a detachable fleece collar which makes it a genuinely warm jacket, a couple of hand warmer pockets behind two buttoned pouch pockets and one internal pocket.

The front has a standard zipper (not offset) and there are no buttons up the front. The sleeves have buttons not zippers.

DSCF0636_Small.jpg

DSCF0638_Small.jpg

DSCF0641_Small.jpg

DSCF0642_Small.jpg

DSCF0648_Small.jpg

DSCF0657_Small.jpg

Jkt2_Small.jpg

If you are looking for a reasonably cheap alternative go have a look in store or here:-

• AkwenESCAkwenESC Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Niko wrote:

DSCF0636_Small.jpg

DSCF0638_Small.jpg

DSCF0641_Small.jpg

DSCF0642_Small.jpg

DSCF0648_Small.jpg

DSCF0657_Small.jpg

Jkt2_Small.jpg

I too have bought this jacket and I think its the best substitute for the real thing, both in terms of style and fit. Also, its a very Bondian jacket in it's own right and looks very classy yet understated.
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    for that price ... i will give it a try ... and if not, not much lost and maybe ready to upgrade to private white ... 8-)
  • asd007asd007 Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    Am I correct that the bow tie worn in the train scene is diamond shaped? If so, is it Tom Ford's? In an inquiry, they were only offering a normal butterfly tie. If it is Tom Ford's, does anyone have a product number?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    asd007 wrote:
    Am I correct that the bow tie worn in the train scene is diamond shaped? If so, is it Tom Ford's? In an inquiry, they were only offering a normal butterfly tie. If it is Tom Ford's, does anyone have a product number?

Agree

Though on Tom Ford.com the model looks like he is wearing the correct one??
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    Very nice!

Can we see pics with you wearing it?

And can you take some pics of the cuff? I wonder if this can be altered to add zippers to the sleeves...

Niko wrote:

DSCF0636_Small.jpg

DSCF0638_Small.jpg

DSCF0641_Small.jpg

DSCF0642_Small.jpg

DSCF0648_Small.jpg

DSCF0657_Small.jpg

Jkt2_Small.jpg

Thank you very much for those pics. Really helped me make up my mind on whether I want to pick one up....which I did. :p I have been looking for a jacket with removable fur collar for a while now, and this one killed two birds with one stone! -{

If anyone wants to see some fit pic of the Next jacket this website has some next shots of the jacket being modelled:

http://www.jamesvincent.life/fashion/shop-next-dressed-by-next/

http://www.jamesvincent.life/fashion/dressed-by-next-part-2/

Hope this helps.
  • The Pale KingThe Pale King Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    I received my Next jacket two weeks ago and I am loving it. It fits fairly true to size, and it is definitely a bargain for the price. The material was much better than expected and they actually use high quality (YKK) zippers. If I have time I'll snap a few pictures of it on.
  • stripestripe Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    Dear all,

I need to air my frustration at the s*** service of John Varvatos. Having patiently waited for the restock early November I ordered my XL on early on the 6th November, had my order accepted and then waited. I kept checking my order and it remained being processed. Having heard nothing since I emailed them this weekend and 3 days later I get an email saying due to the large number of orders mine was now canceled and the jacket will not be restocked.

What a bunch of utter clowns....
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    I know the feeling (although not with JV). Been trying to get in contact with serveral companies concerning Bond, but often didn't even get a reply back!
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Customer Service, as we knew it, died in the 1990s. Was a big downturn after that, even more so after 911
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    but to say something positive: my experience wit JV back in may was very good, they replied to every mail at latest within a day and were very friendly. I think that some companies just can't handle our big demand.
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • PointfiveOPointfiveO Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    I may be able to help you out, I've had various orders cancelled over the last three months with JV so have ended up with an XL as that was all I could get at the time, tried it on only to have my doubt confirmed that I needed a L. Anyhow managed to get a L which is due to arrive in the next couple of days so the XL will be available.

It's brand new, still with all the tags on so let me know if your interested.

stripe wrote:
    Dear all,

I need to air my frustration at the s*** service of John Varvatos. Having patiently waited for the restock early November I ordered my XL on early on the 6th November, had my order accepted and then waited. I kept checking my order and it remained being processed. Having heard nothing since I emailed them this weekend and 3 days later I get an email saying due to the large number of orders mine was now canceled and the jacket will not be restocked.

• stripestripe Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    Thats made me feel better ! I'll take it. PM sent.
    PointfiveO wrote:
    I may be able to help you out, I'v head various orders cancelled over the last three months with JV so have ended up with an XL as that was all I could get at the time, tried it on only to have my doubt confirmed that I needed a L. Anyhow managed to get a L which is due to arrive in the next couple of days so the XL will be available.

It's brand new, still with all the tags on so let me know if your interested.

stripe wrote:
    Dear all,

• sostophersostopher Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 17MI6 Agent
    JV seemed to have lots of ordering issues this time around - again. I ordered an M, and didn't get any confirmations whatsoever (except the money went out of my account), until their CS rep told me it had already shipped (thankfully). Still, had me worried for a few days after people said they were getting orders cancelled.

I may have a Small available for sale is anyone is looking. PMs are welcome.
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    stripe wrote:
    Dear all,

That must of been the first re-stock, as they had another re-stock over the weekend just gone. They had all sizes showing available right through the weekend until Monday came round and then they dropped off quick. Some sizes have come back on offer, with currently S, XL, XXL showing available.

As others have said, it seems like their web-sales operation really hasn't coped with the demand :s
  • gregroegregroe Newport Beach, CAPosts: 117MI6 Agent
    10M Kentons on eBay
    http://tinyurl.com/pj2fw2q
    Roe, Greg Roe¤♪♫,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°♪♫•
    Not Spectre but JCrew has a nice dark navy shawl collared cardigan Quantum style on sale. Normally $148 down to around $100 with code HOLIDAY. Only large left I'm afraid.

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/sweaters/LAMBSWOOL/PRDOVR~95066/95066.jsp
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    MinSpy wrote:
    Not Spectre but JCrew has a nice dark navy shawl collared cardigan Quantum style on sale. Normally $148 down to around $100 with code HOLIDAY. Only large left I'm afraid.

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/sweaters/LAMBSWOOL/PRDOVR~95066/95066.jsp

Very seasonal name there, MinSpy! :))
    You like that :D Haven't introduced myself here yet but I am a British transplant living in New York and love all things Bond. MinSpy is the numberplate on my 1966 Austin Mini Cooper S, thought it would be perfect to use here, more Austin Powers than Bond.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Absolutely brilliant! If ever I'm in NY and you pass by, I'll be sure to jump on your bonnet and shout "Do you wanna shag?" That should get some attention...even in NY!
    My Moncler Solden jacket arrived today ... I love it. The quality is amazing. Look and feel versus the Super.Natural is huge ... Also the SN looks good from a little distance. The difference in price is certainly justified.

Now waiting for the arrival of the Next "Dior style" Bomber jacket. I hope I won't go and get the Private White ... I am spending to much money buy every jacket in 2 versions.
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    Friedl41 wrote:
    My Moncler Solden jacket arrived today ... I love it. The quality is amazing. Look and feel versus the Super.Natural is huge ... Also the SN looks good from a little distance. The difference in price is certainly justified.

Now waiting for the arrival of the Next "Dior style" Bomber jacket. I hope I won't go and get the Private White ... I am spending to much money buy every jacket in 2 versions.

The Moncler is a great jacket, wear and enjoy. Goes with a lot more than just the "Solden" outfit, plus as its actually "Skiwear" it's perfect for the climate at the moment :)
  • sumner89sumner89 Manchester, EnglandPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    Does anybody know of anywhere I could pick up a "Solden" Moncler? I didn't take up the opportunity when they were available on Farfetch and am now regretting this immensely. I am UK-based so the import duties on the one from Barneys make that a no-go.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,342MI6 Agent
    Sorry if this may have been raised before, but do we have any indication of Indy's likely cost for the Mr White jacket? I'm hoping given that the Dior was "break the bank" price point, the Magnoli version won't be high also. If it's pricey I'll plump for the Next version...

Also if Indy's reading this I vote for a wool version rather than cashmere for hard wearing purposes.
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    I got my Moncler "Solden" jacket from MrPorter.com but it was the last in M size.