Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    if Infy is reading this: when would the Mr.White jacket be available?
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • genericguygenericguy Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    CRB wrote:
    Customer Service, as we knew it, died in the 1990s. Was a big downturn after that, even more so after 911

It's one thing to get poor customer service from some bargain basement outfit but it does stick in the craw when these companies that charge top dollar are so useless.
    Matchless, Varvatos and Tom Ford have all looked pretty crappy on this forum.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    to say that about JV is a bit unfair, they even re-released the jacket only for us Bond fans
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    genericguy wrote:
    CRB wrote:
    Customer Service, as we knew it, died in the 1990s. Was a big downturn after that, even more so after 911

It's one thing to get poor customer service from some bargain basement outfit but it does stick in the craw when these companies that charge top dollar are so useless.
    Matchless, Varvatos and Tom Ford have all looked pretty crappy on this forum.

Just my two cents on Customer Service: I think as these brands are expanding, they are probably outsourcing a lot of their online ordering customer service to 3rd parties, especially right now as the Christmas rush heats up. Of course we expect a level of customer service that aligns with the prices they are charging, but as they grow they are probably going to make some mistakes. As others have mentioned, I'm pretty sure Varvatos, Matchless, BC, Neil Barrett and others have never really had a rush on a specific product like they have had with Spectre. We can discuss whether or not they should have been prepared, but in some cases (JV and NB as examples), these were products from last year's line (in JV's case, they had their jacket on sale) and they may not have even been aware their products were going to show up in the film.

Not making excuses for anyone: I definitely think TF and Matchless should have had their acts together (they knew they were in the movie), and other small guys have done a much better job of meeting the unexpected demand with class so it can be done. But the James Bond phenomena can have a weird impact on a small(er) company. I seem to remember a slip in the quality of Sunspel Riveria polos and OB swim shorts as they tried to ramp up to meet demand.

Just random thoughts for what they're worth {[]
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    Does anyone know if Sunspel ever runs sales this time of year on their polos? Other "Bond" brands seem to discount some of their clothing at the holidays, but I haven't seen anything from Sunspel yet.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Sunspel sales seem to be rarer nowadays but do happen now and then but selectively on products.

I remember when they did 50% off everything

Guess they are getting bigger and dont need to do that anymore
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • -_Quantum_--_Quantum_- Posts: 101MI6 Agent
    Yeah, I rarely see Sunspel have sales on their own website. I usually have to track down their stockists for sales.
  • asd007asd007 Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    According to GQ, they are going to have a Black Friday sale:

Sunspel: 20% off apparel and accessories, plus free shipping. (11/26 - 11/30)

http://www.gq.com/story/black-friday-2015-fashion-menswear-deals-promo-codes
    Yeah, I rarely see Sunspel have sales on their own website. I usually have to track down their stockists for sales.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Now up on our YouTube page...The Mr. White Dior Spectre Jacket https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpdqChO6jc&feature=youtu.be
  • MinSpyMinSpy Saratoga NY, USAPosts: 55MI6 Agent
    Aldo Meggiano Boots are $82.48 on the Aldo site, almost 50% off.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    20% off up on the sunspel website now
    asd007 wrote:

• SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    sumner89 wrote:
    Does anybody know of anywhere I could pick up a "Solden" Moncler? I didn't take up the opportunity when they were available on Farfetch and am now regretting this immensely. I am UK-based so the import duties on the one from Barneys make that a no-go.

I made the same mistake as you and didn't grab a Navy Moncler Solden style from farfetch when they had stock at a semi reasonable price. Now I'm in the UK too and I hunted up and down the Internet for one and ended up finding a stockist in CA, USA and until someone highlighted Barneys I thought that was the only online stock still left. These are last seasons design and the new version has a padded neck, not knit.

Basically if you really want the Moncler jacket then jump on one of those Barneys ones, as these are running out and face the fact your going to weep when the Customs/VAT bill comes through. I did! All in the jacket cost me £600 :s

On the plus side, Moncler make THE version of this jacket IMO. Why get a TF rip off at nearly three times the price and the black stock of these still knocking around looks more accurate to what you see on screen, rather than the weird TF navy / charcoal combination. Plus you can actually see the quality your paying for with the Moncler. They are really nice.

Just remember to SIZE UP. Even the Moncler website size guide shows their sizing is weird. I'm a straight M / 40 inch chest, but in Moncler I have a Large as in their sizing L = 40 inch chest and the rest of their sizes run correspondingly.

Grab one and enjoy!
    Dior_Vlog_026.jpg

Dior_Vlog_029.jpg

Dior_Vlog_033.jpg

Dior_Vlog_035.jpg

Dior_Vlog_042.jpg

A couple of new shots of the outfit from the latest vlog...
  • StirlingStirling ScotlandPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    Great entry David, how do you think the homage guys will get on making a wool version?

Also are the cuff zippers signed or should I still go to the opticians? B-)
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Excellent, as always David! {[]

Just by watching the video, one can tell that the jacket is made of quality stuff - does look very soft and smooth - and quite a 'blue', rather than midnight navy, which is nice.

I was hoping in your story, you would divulge where your two jackets came from - was it a particular Dior store, or outlet? Just as a matter of interest.

And additionally, the size of the one you wear - 48, or 50?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Very enjoyable video, David. {[]

I can control my envy regarding those who have the jacket, because it is too expensive to actually wear anywhere. I expect your Dior will get much less use than your Billy Reid peacoat, David.

Loved that we finally got to see some details. Great blue color. More vibrant in life than the film. Love the interior slash pockets on each side of the placket as well as the buttoned placket itself. I'd hope a replica can capture those details. The poppers weren't snaps but magnetic; intriguing. A little surprised there were hand pockets under the flap pockets like the Next budget version. I expect that the screen used jacket had the pockets sewn shut to preserve the jacket's lines. I hated the fur collar yet liked the leather, but ultimately it's not needed in a replica. The biggest shock after the price? Polyester fill on a $5800 jacket. Makes me appreciate Canada Goose all the more.
  • The Pale KingThe Pale King Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    Just picked up the Aldo Meggiano boots (J.Crew Kenton alternative) for a nice 50% off for black Friday. Ended up running me $70 CDN.

Link: http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca/en/men/boots/casual-boots/c/231/MEGGIANO/p/40193863-36

Now where can I get a pair of the good laces...
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    Great review/video David!!! Amazing jacket ...
    Nice review -{

Cant sleep so just enjoyed your How to Make a Vesper and NPEAL one also!!!
    Yeah, the Polyfill was interesting too, but clearly this jacket wasn't made to go sledging in... ;)

The snaps on the pocket do somewhat snap but not like a traditional one, almost magnetic...the jacket I am wearing is a 48, for those of you who asked above. The most interesting part is the front zipper...not as angled as I thought until you start unzipping....neat effect!

Jared Nomak has a black one for sale in a separate thread that, other than color, is bang on to this one...
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    Always a spesh day when a total outfit is completed! Morocco 1!!!

Matchless, TF Henry, TF polo, BC chinos, SM300LE and Jcrew Kentons.

(Ok so the belt is a John Lewis replica of the BC)

The underwear is my business :))

Thanks to DBS for the BC chinos (and imaginative invoicing :)))

M
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    nice one mate ,congrats always satisfying that . any pics ?
    any chance of a link for the belt , cant find anything
    still need chinos and then im done :007)
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

M
    007 reporting for duty
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    I was not able to find a pair of BC chinos I wanted to pay for so I ordered a pair of Pataloni chinos in the color "grey-brown". Judging from the BC chino pics in natural light provided by other members, I would say that these are very close in color (more grey than on the website's pictures). A beautiful beige-ish color and a good alternative.

Link: http://www.braun-hamburg.com/pt05-cotton-trousers-black-label-grey-brown.html
    I ordered a pair of 52 and 54 BC chinos therefore may have a spare going of one size depending on fit. Im assuming the 54 will be spare judging by the sizing comments here. These were the YOOX ones with correct color code
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    asd007 wrote:

Ask and you shall receive. I just ordered two Riviera polos. It's Thanksgiving here in the US and I'm thankful for AJB007. :)
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

M

Think its posted above somewhere. John Lewis, £25 in belts / brown. Think it has elastic in its title???

Havent put it all together yet, but will do
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • brokepennybrokepenny Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    asd007 wrote:

Ask and you shall receive. I just ordered two Riviera polos. It's Thanksgiving here in the US and I'm thankful for AJB007. :)

The good news is that the offer is also available in Store for those lucky enough to be close to one. It's not advertised but, as quoted above "ask and you shall receive".
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

M

Think its posted above somewhere. John Lewis, £25 in belts / brown. Think it has elastic in its title???

Havent put it all together yet, but will do

Guessing this is the one referred to
    http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-elastic-plait-leather-belt/p110685?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_17#page_loaded
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    asd007 wrote:

Finally bought myself the Riviera Polo in Navy! Thanks for that link.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”