Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    spot on thanks
    kadd wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    nice one mate ,congrats always satisfying that . any pics ?
    any chance of a link for the belt , cant find anything
    still need chinos and then im done :007)

Think its posted above somewhere. John Lewis, £25 in belts / brown. Think it has elastic in its title???

Havent put it all together yet, but will do

Guessing this is the one referred to
    http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-elastic-plait-leather-belt/p110685?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_17#page_loaded
    007 reporting for duty
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    spot on thanks
    kadd wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Think its posted above somewhere. John Lewis, £25 in belts / brown. Think it has elastic in its title???

Havent put it all together yet, but will do

Guessing this is the one referred to
    http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-elastic-plait-leather-belt/p110685?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_17#page_loaded

It is, cheers Kadd!!!
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    Skippy wrote:
    sumner89 wrote:
    Does anybody know of anywhere I could pick up a "Solden" Moncler? I didn't take up the opportunity when they were available on Farfetch and am now regretting this immensely. I am UK-based so the import duties on the one from Barneys make that a no-go.

I made the same mistake as you and didn't grab a Navy Moncler Solden style from farfetch when they had stock at a semi reasonable price. Now I'm in the UK too and I hunted up and down the Internet for one and ended up finding a stockist in CA, USA and until someone highlighted Barneys I thought that was the only online stock still left. These are last seasons design and the new version has a padded neck, not knit.

Basically if you really want the Moncler jacket then jump on one of those Barneys ones, as these are running out and face the fact your going to weep when the Customs/VAT bill comes through. I did! All in the jacket cost me £600 :s

On the plus side, Moncler make THE version of this jacket IMO. Why get a TF rip off at nearly three times the price and the black stock of these still knocking around looks more accurate to what you see on screen, rather than the weird TF navy / charcoal combination. Plus you can actually see the quality your paying for with the Moncler. They are really nice.

Just remember to SIZE UP. Even the Moncler website size guide shows their sizing is weird. I'm a straight M / 40 inch chest, but in Moncler I have a Large as in their sizing L = 40 inch chest and the rest of their sizes run correspondingly.

Grab one and enjoy!

100% agree with your comments about the Moncler jacket - touch and feel is great and yes, it runs a bit small ... I have the M size and I am not sure if I should have gotten L size instead ... it is also meant to be possibly worn under a coat and therefore is fits more like a sweater and not like a jacket were you need to wear a lot underneath (i.e. a thin cashmere mock turtleneck and that's it),,, I have the L of Super.Natural and that is a bit too large ,,,as it fits more like a jacket ,,, having said that my 2c: A) Bond wears a fitted look ,,, B) I should lose a couple of pounds, (because I am at a record weight at the moment) and then it will be just perfect.

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

and Happy Thanksgiving!
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    For anyone still chasing a JV suede racer jacket, their website appears to have all sizes except Large available at the moment.
  • Bond H. BondBond H. Bond Cal USAPosts: 36MI6 Agent
    Just picked up the Aldo Meggiano boots (J.Crew Kenton alternative) for a nice 50% off for black Friday. Ended up running me $70 CDN.

Link: http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca/en/men/boots/casual-boots/c/231/MEGGIANO/p/40193863-36

Now where can I get a pair of the good laces...

+1 on the laces...Anyone have any leads?
    The name is Bond, Hydrogen Bond....
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Pretty sure you could pick up similar laces at any cobblers no?
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • Bond H. BondBond H. Bond Cal USAPosts: 36MI6 Agent

fair point. Just wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a specific brand, size, length. the options are endless and that could be a bad thing...i suppose.
    The name is Bond, Hydrogen Bond....
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Not sure if we ever confirmed the Kenton, but found image this in a men's magazine article....
    image.jpg

fair point. Just wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a specific brand, size, length. the options are endless and that could be a bad thing...i suppose.

had the same problem ... could not find them in any shop ... length wise you need 160cm (no idea how much that is in inch, but easy to find out) ... I was lucky, i had some brown all star sneakers and the laces are perfect for the Aldo boots.

,,, wear the boots when you shop tor laces :) so you can match the colour or order on amazon ...
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    To anyone who wants a good Solden Moncler alternative... check out this one from Banana Republic. Unfortunately, the 40% off does not work on it and it is only navy.

But it is quite nice at $175.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1026865&vid=1&pid=171431002&tid=braff6147222&ap=2&siteID=brafcid527534240&cvosrc=affiliate.cj.6147222
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • NikoNiko Posts: 73MI6 Agent
    Friedl41 wrote:

had the same problem ... could not find them in any shop ... length wise you need 160cm (no idea how much that is in inch, but easy to find out) ... I was lucky, i had some brown all star sneakers and the laces are perfect for the Aldo boots.

,,, wear the boots when you shop tor laces :) so you can match the colour or order on amazon ...

Check out Ebay, that's where I ordered my waxed cotton laces from for my Aldos. Loads of sellers offering varying colours and lace lengths.
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    To anyone who wants a good Solden Moncler alternative... check out this one from Banana Republic. Unfortunately, the 40% off does not work on it and it is only navy.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1026865&vid=1&pid=171431002&tid=braff6147222&ap=2&siteID=brafcid527534240&cvosrc=affiliate.cj.6147222

Very good alternative at a reasonable cost! Remember that the SA TF is actually blue (with dark grey sleeves) so it's as close colour wise as even a Moncler would be. Be interesting to see what the quality is like.
    My Next "Mr White Jacket" alternative arrived ... I am amazed ,,, it looks and fits great ,,,, absolutely love it and for that price ,,,it is a steal.

Great find ,,, the only thing I am not so fond of is that the distance of the stepping part ends 2-3 inch away from the zipper ... and not like TF, Moncler or Super.Natural which goes all the way to the zipper.
  • AkwenESCAkwenESC Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    "My name is 700, 541 of 700!"

Ok, lame pun but I'm really happy that I got one XD This, along with the JV racer and the Sanders boots will be my only non-budget SPECTRE purchases.

IMG_0409_2.jpg

IMG_0413_2.jpg

IMG_0414_2.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0402_2.jpg

IMG_0404_2.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg
    AkwenESC ... and only because the other non-budget versions are impossible to find now ,,, haha :))

but great jacket ,,, I am jealous and happy for you at the same time! Also very good fit.
    Friedl41 wrote:
    AkwenESC ... and only because the other non-budget versions are impossible to find now ,,, haha :))

but great jacket ,,, I am jealous and happy for you at the same time! Also very good fit.

Exactly ;) or, as in the case of Tom Ford, simply not affordable.
    edited November 2015
    AkwenESC wrote:
    Friedl41 wrote:

or Dior ,,, haha.

check out the Next version of it ,,, it is a great budget version!
    My JV jacket arrived today (thanks to Polynikes -{ ) and what a lovely bit of kit. Butter soft suede and a good fit as well. :D
    Now need to find a decent pair of pants to go with the JV and NPeal. Looked at a couple of pair that I've posted about but neither were quite right. Hoping that Indy will come up with a decent replica pair.
    Intend to wear my Ryder III's to finish off the outfit.
    Friedl41 wrote:
    AkwenESC wrote:
    Friedl41 wrote:

or Dior ,,, haha.

check out the Next version of it ,,, it is a great budget version!

Way ahead of you! :D Have owned it for about two weeks - love it!
    :D AkwenESC ... maybe I even got the idea from you ,,, sorry for that :)
    Friedl41 wrote:
    :D AkwenESC ... maybe I even got the idea from you ,,, sorry for that :)

No, it was another user (can't remember whom) who recommended a couple of Next jackets that looked very close, this one being the closest. Thats what made me buy one. Its a great looking Bondian jacket in its own right :)
    Llafyks wrote:
    My JV jacket arrived today (thanks to Polynikes -{ ) and what a lovely bit of kit. Butter soft suede and a good fit as well. :D
    Now need to find a decent pair of pants to go with the JV and NPeal. Looked at a couple of pair that I've posted about but neither were quite right. Hoping that Indy will come up with a decent replica pair.

I can really recommend theese trousers from GAP. I found them by accident but they MAY have been suggested before, I dont know. It says they are navy but to me there is nothing blue in them, they look charcoal from a distance. They seem true to size and are really comfortable.

http://www.lebocal-lille.fr/chino-navy-gp022e00bq11-p-21649.html - I'm sure they can be bought from other sites, I bought mine of Zalando. Here is a pic:

IMG_0348_2.jpg
    AkwenESC wrote:
    Llafyks wrote:

I can really recommend theese trousers from GAP. I found them by accident but they MAY have been suggested before, I dont know. It says they are navy but to me there is nothing blue in them, they look charcoal from a distance. They seem true to size and are really comfortable.

http://www.lebocal-lille.fr/chino-navy-gp022e00bq11-p-21649.html - I'm sure they can be bought from other sites, I bought mine of Zalando. Here is a pic
    IMG_0348_2.jpg

OK, thanks for the suggestion I'll check out Newcastle and Metro Centre Gap stores this weekend!
  • waltherppk7.65waltherppk7.65 Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    i ordered the banana jacket will let you guys know!
  • Alex EdwardAlex Edward Posts: 36MI6 Agent
    AkwenESC wrote:

Ok, lame pun but I'm really happy that I got one XD This, along with the JV racer and the Sanders boots will be my only non-budget SPECTRE purchases.

IMG_0409_2.jpg

IMG_0413_2.jpg

IMG_0414_2.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0402_2.jpg

IMG_0404_2.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

OMG! Thsi blouson looks classy on you, I was looking for the original but due to short money I tried alternative from Ebay and it turned out a great experience. Great choice if anyone else looking for a reasonable option
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/James-Bond-Spectre-Morocco-Blouson-Jacket-Daniel-Craig-Brown-007-Jacket-/281858237362
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    AkwenESC wrote:

IMG_0409_2.jpg

IMG_0413_2.jpg

IMG_0414_2.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0402_2.jpg

IMG_0404_2.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

OMG! Thsi blouson looks classy on you, I was looking for the original but due to short money I tried alternative from Ebay and it turned out a great experience. Great choice if anyone else looking for a reasonable option
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/James-Bond-Spectre-Morocco-Blouson-Jacket-Daniel-Craig-Brown-007-Jacket-/281858237362

Any pics of this alternative? The listing on ebay ony shows the Matchless version.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • KhaineKhaine Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    So so so annoyed right now.

I saw that selfridges had the Matchless Jacket in M and ordered it, and today I get an email saying my order has been cancelled.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Khaine wrote:
    So so so annoyed right now.

I saw that selfridges had the Matchless Jacket in M and ordered it, and today I get an email saying my order has been cancelled.

Where are you based? I saw a M online somewhere else. Will see if I can find
    Instagram - bondclothes007