Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• AkwenESCAkwenESC Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Well I was on the fence about the look of the Sanders but thought what the hell...

They arrived today and they are very cool indeed!! Only problem is they are a little narrow, prob should have gone half size up but will try breaking them in!

Thumbs up from me! I paid £155 with international shipping

I got mine today as well and I have the exact same problem.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Im wearing mine around the house and they feel a bit better / looser already so hopefully they will end up snug
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • JerseyJames007JerseyJames007 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Just got my JV racer out of the JV store in Detroit. They called me a minute ago to confirm my shipping address and I informed them I just received my jacket. So there must have been another XL there that they were planning on shipping if anyone needs an XL. She thanked my for my honesty in saying I just received mine or I probably would've gotten a second. Lol
  • JerseyJames007JerseyJames007 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    I've been reading these message boards for a long time, mostly for help in finding the same pieces you all look for too. I always thought it was so nice of everyone trying to help others in finding the right pieces in the right size that I felt compelled to join to post about the JV racer in the Detroit store in an XL. Got mine at 40% off too! Beautiful jacket by the way... Fits as expected.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    I've got some trouser alternatives for sale. Houndstooth pattern in grey! Used size 32 waist 33 length but with some tailoring I'm sure if someone need a size 32 short then can get these taken up. DM for the price , very reasonable as I'd like these to go to an AJB member!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 448MI6 Agent
    Just want to give a big shout out for John Varvatos London store.

Went over there this afternoon and had a great visit. I'm lucky enough to live and work in central London, so I get to be in and out of a lot of the designer stores in London and whether I'm dressed casual or in a high end personal tailored suit the staff response in many stores to customers can be indifferent - not so JV London though.

Was met at the door by one of their staff Paul and was given a tour round the store. Its very Rock'n'Roll as brand with their heritage, which I don't exactly fit with, but I was made to feel welcome and Paul obviously had a strong knowledge of his products. Upstairs is tailored suits, ground floor is casual clothing and downstairs is the playground of goodies and I do mean 'Play'!

JV London is in the old Belstaff store on Conduit Street and they are worth successors IMO. Very well laid out, eye catching images of numerous rock acts and downstairs there is even a small stage and all the kit for live music. If your an axe man the store is well worth a visit, with a large collection of Strato guitars, which you are at liberty to plug in and play if you have the skill set ...so long as you don't play 'Stairway to Heaven' I'm told!! Unfortunately I don't have a musical bone in my body.

"But what about The Jacket?" I hear you cry. Well they are sold out.

I admitted to Paul when he asked if I had experience of the brand that I knew nothing of them before the JB link. He told me independently of asking they had indeed had SPECTRE production jackets returned to the store and sold them all. He even stated that one of the SPECTRE stuntmen had been in the store trying to snag himself a size large of the jacket without luck.

Paul did produce one of the jackets in a size medium for me to try on, which was super nice of him considering it was another member of JV staffs personal jacket! I also tried on a similar goatskin suede short jacket in both large and medium. I have to say the sizing is very like the whole To-ki-to experience...

Great looking jacket in a lovely colour of blue and such a soft lightweight leather. But the SPECTRE jacket is actually quite a basic design compared to others in their range. The other jacket I tried on which I assume is the suede version of their Classic Racer Jacket was very nice and I would have been tempted to buy that had it not been twice the price of the SPECTRE one :s Might look out for that one on sale :p

Anyway they are aiming for a SPECTRE jacket store re-issue in NOVEMBER 2015 and are taking pre-orders (three on the list so far including me) with a deposit of £100. The £495 original non-sale price point remains ...for now...

JV London is definitely worth making a destination on a visit to capital. They apparently have impromptu live music going on (they had had a band in jamming the other day but apparently no customers came in to appreciate it!) and a bar {[] when there are pre-organised sessions, so it seems like a good place to be in-the-know with.

Based on experience so far, I would highly recommend them B-)
    Hi Skippy!

Sounds like you had a great time!! Will check out the store in Aug when I'm over if I have time.

Can you elaborate on "I have to say the sizing is very like the whole To-ki-to experience..."
    Basically its a trim fit and I need to loose some weight! 8-)

It may be just the two different styles of jacket, but the medium in the SPECTRE jacket was a trim fit, where as the medium in the Classic Racer was too tight.

The arm length on the Classic Racer large was good IMO on me, yet the SPECTRE jacket arm length was just a little short for my liking. All the jackets were tried on with the arm zips done up.

I could tell the body length on the large was not as good as the length mediums which was shorter and just right for me.

I've ordered a medium, but honestly I think I'll be going in with someone for a second opinion and trying on some more jackets, as I'm scratching my chin as to whether as a bloke who likes his food I should just go for large.

See, confusing :s
    Ha - never simple with these jackets is it??? I have a L and XL on the way and have not got the faintest idea which one will fit!!

Levis Menlo I started with XL and had to size down! Barbour I had to also had to swap with someone!!! :s
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    My JV Large measures 22" pit-to-pit, 27" sleeve length from shoulder seam, and 25.5" back length. Definitely trim for a Large size

Speaking of measurements, does anyone with a Lrg, or XL in the N.Peal mock-neck have the chest, and sleeve length that they would mind sharing?
    McQueen wrote:
    My JV Large measures 22" pit-to-pit, 27" sleeve length from shoulder seam, and 25.5" back length. Definitely trim for a Large size

Thanks for info

What size are you in other Bond jackets??
    Yeah, I'm interested to see how other people find the fit of these jackets. I'm definitely intrigued that Harris / hthomas has plumed for a medium when the pictures he has posted of him in a small looks a fantastic fit ??

Fortunately I have plenty of time to change my mind on the size! :p
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    McQueen wrote:

Thanks for info

What size are you in other Bond jackets??

Billy Reid - Lrg., Barbour - Lrg. but I'm in search of an XL currently because my chest size has changed since Skyfall. It was 41" and now is 43". Levi Menlo - Med., Lrg in Dan Love's Harrington.
    Ha - that doesn't help me, guess so many factors matter e.g. shoulders etc

Im 43"

Menlo L (no way a M would fit me)
    Barbour XL (tight on shoulders and quite fitted)
    Dan Love XL (Just bought XL as his L is too tight on me)
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    I've been reading these message boards for a long time, mostly for help in finding the same pieces you all look for too. I always thought it was so nice of everyone trying to help others in finding the right pieces in the right size that I felt compelled to join to post about the JV racer in the Detroit store in an XL. Got mine at 40% off too! Beautiful jacket by the way... Fits as expected.

Welcome to the team JerseyJames007.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Well I was on the fence about the look of the Sanders but thought what the hell...

They arrived today and they are very cool indeed!! Only problem is they are a little narrow, prob should have gone half size up but will try breaking them in!

they said on the site to order half a size up because the sizing is small.
  • JB1962JB1962 USAPosts: 194MI6 Agent
    Another kudos for JV customer service! Called around to JV stores on Monday to try and find a Small and the second store pointed me to their Miami Beach store. Called them up and the Sales Manager Cleo there pulled the last one they had out of the back and shipped it to me at the sale price. Jacket arrived today and I can't express how happy I am with the jacket and the great customer service. {[]
    welshboy78 wrote:

Well that's the thing. I can feel room at the back its the width at the front of the boot. I think if I sized up the boot would be too big and slip at the heel. I guess I need to break it in since they only offer F fit
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,097MI6 Agent
    Just got home a few hours ago and found my size L JV jackets waiting for me. The one from Detroit was in an overly large box that was obviously used before and had seen better days. I didn't get a hanger with the jacket, but since it was in too large a box I think that's for the best since it had spent the better part of a week being knocked about by UPS. It did however come with a nice John Varvatos garment bag. The Hautelook jacket came in a clear plastic dry cleaning type garment bag with a plastic hanger much like the Billy Reid Peacoat did.

First impressions: The color is marvelous. The dark "Marine" looks good under many types of lighting. It will be a lint magnet for sure. The suede feels terrific. I've never owned goatskin suede before, so the shallow nap is a new experience. While not as soft as some suedes it definitely feels luxurious.The lining is also wonderful to look at. The zippers are substantial and seem to be very smooth. From viewing the online pictures I initially disliked the horizontal seams and the baseball stitching, but I have to say in person I don't mind the seams and like the stitching. The detailing is subtle in person and really appeals to me.

The fit: Due to recent health issues and the resultant weight loss I'm currently a 39-40 chest, so the jacket is a hair large in the chest. When I get back to a 41-42 it will be more form fitting, but the look should be even better. The shoulders are quite comfortable and for me the sleeve length is just about perfect when zipped. Unzipped the sleeves are around an inch too long. Based on much of what was said I expected the armholes to be higher, but that's just an observation. I am 6'4" but much of that is the legs, so the length of the jacket works well. All I need to do is build up the muscle mass again. (Famous last words. :)) )

Overall I'm very pleased with the jacket. Skippy, above, mentioned it being simple in design. True, but leather and the subtle details really elevate the jacket beyond the ordinary. It's simple, yet stunning.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Well that's the thing. I can feel room at the back its the width at the front of the boot. I think if I sized up the boot would be too big and slip at the heel. I guess I need to break it in since they only offer F fit

Mine too are a little small Welshie. They will need to be broken in a bit. Make sure you use a good quality adjustable shoe tree, so you can keep pressure on in the boot when you are not wearing.

Think the trick with these boots is to size up and buy some nice leather in-soles.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    I have a question about the Sanders boots. Only being able to see them in photographs, I have held off ordering because, well, the pictures make them look a little clunky to me. They seem to be a very retro '60s design, and I worry that on me (as opposed to DC) they might look fashion-backward instead of fashion-forward. Those of you who have bought them, what's your experience so far?
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    I also have the Sanders Boots and yes they come a bit narrow. However they did wear comfortable when I wore them for most of a day. The sued seems to stretch and my feet did not hurt. As to the fashion leap forward or backwards .... I think one as to be careful with tourer length. If too long you drown the boot and you get a grandfather look. Also trousers should not be too wide. Otherwise, I wore them with jeans. Kakis in beige, brown and blue ... All works well. Very Steve McQueen.

By the way. I wear size 9 and did not see half size for the boot. I ordered on oipolloi a week before I found out the boots are used in Spectre because I watched Bullitt and ever since I saw the movie first I liked those boots and started to look and read about them. Now I like them even more.
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    I have a question about the Sanders boots. Only being able to see them in photographs, I have held off ordering because, well, the pictures make them look a little clunky to me. They seem to be a very retro '60s design, and I worry that on me (as opposed to DC) they might look fashion-backward instead of fashion-forward. Those of you who have bought them, what's your experience so far?

Just posted a comment for you.
    Cheverian wrote:

I had the exact same concern but when I opened the box I was very happy!! Very cool boots!!!!
    Overall I'm very pleased with the jacket. Skippy, above, mentioned it being simple in design. True, but leather and the subtle details really elevate the jacket beyond the ordinary. It's simple, yet stunning.

Glad to hear your pleased with the jacket -{ Its a very stylish design.

My point was more that if this is an introduction jacket for people to the JV brand like it is for me, having now been to a store I would say it is well worth checking out a store and seeing what else you find. I've liked the zip arms suede design ever since Tom Cruise wore that brown one in Mi3 and this seems to be very much a staple of the current JV blouson jacket designs :007)
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,097MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:

Glad to hear your pleased with the jacket -{ Its a very stylish design.

My point was more that if this is an introduction jacket for people to the JV brand like it is for me, having now been to a store I would say it is well worth checking out a store and seeing what else you find. I've liked the zip arms suede design ever since Tom Cruise wore that brown one in Mi3 and this seems to be very much a staple of the current JV blouson jacket designs :007)

Point noted Skippy. I was checking out some of the other JV jackets offered for sale. Most are a bit too "Fashion-y" for my taste. There was a 4-pocket design I liked, and I may get a couple slim fit shirts to try out. Next time I'm in San Francisco I'll have to stop in at the JV Store. Skyfall introduced me to Billy Reid , which has turned into one of my favorite brands (I'm wearing a BR polo right now), so Spectre can introduce people to John Varvatos.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Ha - never simple with these jackets is it??? I have a L and XL on the way and have not got the faintest idea which one will fit!!

Levis Menlo I started with XL and had to size down! Barbour I had to also had to swap with someone!!! :s

If you are talking about the JV Spectre jacket and don't decide to keep the XL, instead of returning it would you sell it and if so, for how much?
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    welshboy78 wrote:

If you are talking about the JV Spectre jacket and don't decide to keep the XL, instead of returning it would you sell it and if so, for how much?

I will see what happens when they both arrive, one will go. I think a few people listed down in line for the L already, poss XL also (would have to check as too many PMs). Would only want my money back (Jacket / plus DHL shipping from US to me and then postage onwards to buyer)
  • SenorJon21SenorJon21 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    Hey all,

So I really like the idea of a blue suede jacket, but I am not a huge fan of John Varvatos (I personally feel that the quality is lacking for the price).

I know most people won't often provide a more expensive alternative to the SA version, but Brunello Cucinelli makes a wonderful blue suede reversible jacket: http://boutique.brunellocucinelli.com/ca/leather-outerwear_cod41502423pa.html

Even though it is more expensive than the JV, I feel the quality/price ratio is better simply because Cucinelli makes some of the finest goods in the world. Plus it is currently one sale.

Additionally, Daniel Craig is known to wear Cucinelli himself.

Just thought I'd share for those interested in getting a similar jacket.
  • dr godr go Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    hi
    was just wondering: are the sanders snuff suede shoes def confirmed as being in spectre? I rang Sanders in Northampton and the staff there knew about them being used in the film. Anthony Sinclair say they are the correct ones (and I think they probably are) but just wanted to check before I pulled the trigger!