Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,093MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    hthomas wrote:
    Found these for really cheap in a J Crew outlet. To me they are a great frugal alternative to the TF pants.
    image.jpg

Which pants are they Harris?

Based on website it looks like these - https://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothing/pants/bedford_pants/PRDOVR~03604/03604.jsp

They classify them as Navy but they are grey in person

And I was just in a small J Crew Factory store on Saturday. :(

How slim are they? With the discontinued Tomkins I found them TTS, while some of the slim cut chinos (slimmer than the 484s) were too skinny to get much pass my knees. Did you find them true to size?
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    I tried on a 30x30 and the waist was perfect however a tad short. They are slim but not as slim as the 484s. I only wear 484 jeans so I think I have a good idea.

Go back and get something that can be tailored. I ended up getting a 32x34 and I will have it worked on to fit right. They ended up being $24 after tax. Insane deal.

hthomas wrote:

Which pants are they Harris?

Based on website it looks like these - https://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothing/pants/bedford_pants/PRDOVR~03604/03604.jsp

They classify them as Navy but they are grey in person

And I was just in a small J Crew Factory store on Saturday. :(

How slim are they? With the discontinued Tomkins I found them TTShile some of the slim cut chinos (slimmer than the 484s) were too skinny to get much pass my knees. Did you find them true to size?
    '
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
    Unfortunately the online discount code expired yesterday, so I'll risk waiting for the next one. Shipping costs would be less than the gas to the nearest good sized Factory store. Thanks, Harris. -{
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    If anyone has a spare XL JV Spectre Jacket please contact me ;)
    After the prices for the Tom Ford items this still would be a bargain -{
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    image.jpg

Just received my teaser poster trouser alternative! £20 off eBay and they're Reiss suit trousers!! Amazing find and they're spot on! Delighted , now time to team it with my N.Peal mock turtle neck and the search continues for a jacket.
  • AkwenESCAkwenESC Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    My small is still available

I sent you a PM :)
  • crt007crt007 Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    Hi all,

My name is Chris. Long time reader. Sharing my first post. Wanted to introduce myself and drop a note regarding the John Varvatos Bridge jacket.

I was in Nordstrom this past weekend and came across an XXL in the JV jacket. I spoke with a Nordstrom salesperson about the jacket and he informed it was the only size they had but it was discounted 40%.

I gambled a bit and purchased the xxl even though it fits like a pool cover because Nordstrom has an open ended return policy and I could lock in the purchase at the sales price. The hope is JV re-issues the jacket and distributes to Nordstrom in October and I can exchange the jacket for the right size. Obviously it is all predicated on the re-issue to Nordstrom but wanted to share in case anyone comes across a JV jacket in stores that doesn't quite fit.
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    crt007 wrote:
    Hi all,

My name is Chris. Long time reader. Sharing my first post. Wanted to introduce myself and drop a note regarding the John Varvatos Bridge jacket.

I was in Nordstrom this past weekend and came across an XXL in the JV jacket. I spoke with a Nordstrom salesperson about the jacket and he informed it was the only size they had but it was discounted 40%.

I gambled a bit and purchased the xxl even though it fits like a pool cover because Nordstrom has an open ended return policy and I could lock in the purchase at the sales price. The hope is JV re-issues the jacket and distributes to Nordstrom in October and I can exchange the jacket for the right size. Obviously it is all predicated on the re-issue to Nordstrom but wanted to share in case anyone comes across a JV jacket in stores that doesn't quite fit.

Welcome to the forum, Chris! I sent you a PM. I have an XL and may be willing to trade you for your XXL.
    JG007 wrote:
    image.jpg

Just received my teaser poster trouser alternative! £20 off eBay and they're Reiss suit trousers!! Amazing find and they're spot on! Delighted , now time to team it with my N.Peal mock turtle neck and the search continues for a jacket.

Those look great! Congrats
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    Please PM me if you're looking for a JV Suede Racer jacket in a size Medium. I have one in hand.

Kind regards,
    Craig

Update 16 June: This Medium is now sold
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Hi Craig - PM'd
    DBS wrote:
    Please PM me if you're looking for a JV Suede Racer jacket in a size Medium. I have one in hand.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent
    Hi DBS, I sent you a PM.
    Kind regards,
    DBS wrote:

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • UltimateTruthUltimateTruth Posts: 140MI6 Agent
    Just received the JV jacket (Large).
    I visited the JV store at South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa this past Thursday and asked about the jacket. I had previously called there a few days before searching for the jacket, but came up empty. Anyway, I was at SCP for another reason , when on a whim I decided to pay the JV store a visit. Luck was on my side in that some kind of regional manager was present in the store and told the salesman that he was at their San Francisco store the day before and had spotted a large. The salesman did the transaction over the phone with the San Francisco store and the jacket was mine. However, I had to pay the full retail of $798. I guess the sale price was only for the Nordstrom/Bloomingdale's merchandise.
    For what it"s worth, the salesman seemed to think that there might be some more jackets availiable this week on the JV website (not Nordstrom or Bloomingdales websites)
    edited June 2015
    The sales price was at the JV stores. I got a large from the Detroit store at the sale price. The closest JV store to me is SF, however. Go figure.

Congratulations on finding a jacket. I really like mine. Hopefully I will have an opportunity to wear it soon.

Oh, anyone here successful in getting the JV jacket off Myhabit this morning? Cheapest I have seen it. Only $319. Guess I shouldn't be surprised it showed up there. I hope someone here snagged the size they were after.
    Well these aren't the Sanders but they are Crockett and Jones. I was really torn between the Sanders but I personally just did not like the large sole. I am sure its perfect for Bond in action but for me I went with something more typical. I feel really happy to basically have these SPECTRE outfit complete. I will post pics of it all when I get back from vacation!

2ivxsoo.jpg
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    Well these aren't the Sanders but they are Crockett and Jones. I was really torn between the Sanders but I personally just did not like the large sole. I am sure its perfect for Bond in action but for me I went with something more typical. I feel really happy to basically have these SPECTRE outfit complete. I will post pics of it all when I get back from vacation!

2ivxsoo.jpg

Beautiful boots! They're better than Sanders and will last you much longer.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Yeh tetbury are great, although I've started wearing my black ones to work so will need to be replaced soon :(
    Yeh tetbury are great, although I've started wearing my black ones to work so will need to be replaced soon :(

Why would they need to be replaced? Shouldn't they just be re-soled?
  • AkwenESCAkwenESC Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:

2ivxsoo.jpg

Is your JV jacket in size S still for sale?
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    hthomas wrote:

2ivxsoo.jpg

Beautiful boots! They're better than Sanders and will last you much longer.

+1 {[] Definitely the smart choice all round :)
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent

Why would they need to be replaced? Shouldn't they just be re-soled?

I hope so too. And they should be in a rotation of at least three pairs. Good shoes wear out with much fewer wearings if worn every day. They need time to dry out between wearings. I've had a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes for ten years, and they're still on their original soles. Except for on trips, I don't wear them more than once a week.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    AkwenESC wrote:
    hthomas wrote:

2ivxsoo.jpg

Is your JV jacket in size S still for sale?

It is not. Sorry!
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    JG007 wrote:
    image.jpg

They look great. Any idea what the model name is? Is that a herringbone pattern?
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    JG007 wrote:
    image.jpg

They look great. Any idea what the model name is? Is that a herringbone pattern?

Not sure really , I'll have a look later and report back , I put "houndstooth trouser" into eBay and selected men's clothing as the category and these came up along with a few others. I've got another pair of similar trousers available if your interested? Take a look at post 1926 , top of page 78. Pretty much the same as these just not Reiss. Inbox me if your interested and we can get the ball moving
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Was in JV store in London yesterday (just passing by sheer coincidence). Asked about the Spectre jacket of course - none there to see, but a waiting list of 19 so far. They expect stock in about 2 week. Although he did show me a similar jacket in weight. This Spectre jacket is very VERY light (as the owner will testify) - it felt like I could tear it. Just thought I'd mention this as some people had noted a similarity to the suede M:I3 jacket. That one, the retail version sold by Belstaff, is far, far heavier. The two do not compare in weight at all.
    Interesting though ... he showed me a leather jacket that is going to be in a Autumn blockbuster, which they had right there in the store. He couldn't tell me what the blockbuster was of course !
  • NorchaNorcha Posts: 148MI6 Agent
    Interesting from where they gonna get more with in two weeks?
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    nice boots there thomas , cant beat crocket and jones in my opinion
    hthomas wrote:

2ivxsoo.jpg
    007 reporting for duty
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    My first contribution, though I have been a silent and avid reader for sometime - like many others, I'm sure. Thanks for all the research work. Anyway, I rang the London JV store last week, but was too late. However they took my number. Today I received a call from the store, out of the blue, with the offer to make the £100 deposit (total price £495), for delivery of the jacket in October. Fantastic service. So i suspect calling the London store you can get onto the order list, however they did say it would need to be collected from the store when it came in.
    Here are my alternate pants for the look. They still need some tailoring done but you get the idea!

image.jpg

image.jpg
    I too got that same call from Varvatos London. Deposit down and wait in anticipation. The rest of this outfit is boxed off so just waiting on the jacket now.

Anyone interested I've got a nice pair of spare alternative trousers for sale. Size 32 waist and 33 length but with some tailoring they'll be perfect. Any interested parties inbox me.

I've got 3 outfits for Spectre complete now , mainly of alternatives mind , however once I have the jacket , I think that's me done. All being said , I am waiting on Morroco pictures to surface when filming begins and an email back from TF and maybe a polo might be in sights. Who knows -{