Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    For those interested in "frugal" alternative to the Tom Ford, Solden Nylon front jacket, some photos of the Super.Natural combustion jacket that someone previously recommended on this thread. Currently on sale at Sierra Trading (import duty though for UK buyers). Does have an SN logo on the sleeve and all down zip tape which shows when undone. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/supernatural-combustion-cloud-jacket-340-merino-wool-blend-insulated-for-men~p~8980w/?filterString=s~combustion%2F&colorFamily=02
    Full_Size_Render_1.jpg
    IMG_4290.jpg

I have both the black and navy, both excellent... Warm and versatile. Only drawback is dry clean only...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • 006G006G Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    Frugal version of the Sanders.

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    006G wrote:
    Frugal version of the Sanders.

image.jpg

image.jpg

What are they, Delicious Junction chukka boots?
  • JerseyJames007JerseyJames007 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Well PO come in two diff sizes (42mm and 45mm) so they will be different for a start depending which one you have

I believe the smaller Nato will be for:

Old Seamaster
    42mm PO

larger Nato:

45mm PO
    New SPECTRE seamaster

Maybe double check with the retailer who you buy the Omega NATO from to be on safe side

I have the larger PO and therefore the larger strap. Anyone else having an issue with the length being a bit long? I end up just tucking the end in a bit.
    image.jpg
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,119MI6 Agent
    Tucking the end in is normal on all NATO straps.
    I'm really surprised that so many people are paying £150 or $150 for this Omega NATO when others have been available for years now and cost only £10! Is it really that different to other NATO nylon straps? ?:)
  • JerseyJames007JerseyJames007 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    UNCLE27 wrote:
    Tucking the end in is normal on all NATO straps.
    I'm really surprised that so many people are paying £150 or $150 for this Omega NATO when others have been available for years now and cost only £10! Is it really that different to other NATO nylon straps? ?:)
    I understand your point... HOWEVER... I try to go screen accurate whenever I can. $170 for a strap is a lot easier for me to swallow than a $5K suit. I can live with the fact that I'll never be Bond, so if I can have the same EXACT strap and maybe a few other pieces seen on screen, they're all wins for me. :007) -{
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    To me personally it is out of principle, I'd rather want an Omega strap for my Omega watch than to mix it up with a third party brand.
    My strap is a bit long too, however I have turned the strap a bit so that the part that's tucked in is almost on the opposite side of the watch so it's less noticeable. I like it better that way.

Here's mine:
    DDFA1605-D2EF-4F39-9E16-D9A435D667C8_zps7rviodvd.jpg
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Anyone looking for some reasonable alternatives to the TF trousers in the uk, check out Next...
    They do a nice wool / lycra plain front grey trouser for £38. Nice textured finish, slim fit and perfect colour etc...
    Code 960 803 341 (for a 36L), but will get you to the trouser...

M
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • manc_bondmanc_bond Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Anyone looking for some reasonable alternatives to the TF trousers in the uk, check out Next...
    They do a nice wool / lycra plain front grey trouser for £38. Nice textured finish, slim fit and perfect colour etc...

M

M&S have a couple of alternatives too, though the second is navy:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/wool-blend-performance-supercrease-active-waistband-flat-front-grid-checked-trousers/p/p22362614#

http://www.marksandspencer.com/mini-checked-tailored-fit-flat-front-trousers/p/p22318368

I'm going to check them out 'in the flesh' this week.
    edited June 2015
    Well, I had my first Bond clothing casualty. My Tom Ford Marko is now at the bottom of the Monterey Bay. :#

At least it wasn't my Persols. And honestly, I don't like the Marko enough to get another pair. If I'm going to spend the money on a pair of aviators I'd rather save up and try to get a pair of OP Airman. Just maybe not wear them boating.

Needless to say I won't be wearing my JV jacket to see SPECTRE. That suede in a crowded theater with buttered popcorn and sodas all around? ***shudder***
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Well, I had my first Bond clothing casualty. My Tom Ford Marko is now at the bottom of the Monterey Bay. :#

At least it wasn't my Persols. And honestly, I don't like the Marko enough to get another pair. If I'm going to spend the money on a pair of aviators I'd rather save up and try to get a pair of OP Airman. Just maybe not wear them boating.

Needless to say I won't be wearing my JV jacket to see SPECTRE. That suede in a crowded theater with buttered popcorn and sodas all around? ***shudder***

I'm sorry to hear that! :/ I used to drown every single pair of sunglasses I owned and it stopped when I bought my first Persols because i started actually caring about them (mainly because of the price tag :D)
    MrZareba wrote:
    I'm sorry to hear that! :/ I used to drown every single pair of sunglasses I owned and it stopped when I bought my first Persols because i started actually caring about them (mainly because of the price tag :D)

Lesson learned. Stick with the old Calvin Klein Wayfarers when around anything deeper than a swimming pool.

Off topic, but any luck finding that QoS Black Soap dispenser?
  • dukebongdukebong Universal Exports London Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    That's actually quite a good likeness thanks

manc_bond wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

M

M&S have a couple of alternatives too, though the second is navy:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/wool-blend-performance-supercrease-active-waistband-flat-front-grid-checked-trousers/p/p22362614#

http://www.marksandspencer.com/mini-checked-tailored-fit-flat-front-trousers/p/p22318368

I'm going to check them out 'in the flesh' this week.
    Instagram: universal_exports_London
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Interesting poster from Man From Uncle...gun in right hand...watch showing on opposite wrist...looking at camera...turtle neck...grey pants...

Now where have I seen something like this poster.....hmmmm...

11411888_10152893308691674_5614602480689386937_o.jpg
  • gregroegregroe Newport Beach, CAPosts: 117MI6 Agent
    Bullit?
    bullit_edited.jpg
    Roe, Greg Roe¤♪♫,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°♪♫•
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Interesting poster from Man From Uncle...gun in right hand...watch showing on opposite wrist...looking at camera...turtle neck...grey pants...

This is where I saw it first:

Illya_Kuryakin_david_mccallum_14095980_726_928.jpg

The original Illya Kuryakin. 1964. Before the Spectre teaser poster, before LALD and before Bullitt. Does anyone know if anyone wore this outfit before 1964?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Today I received my JV jacket from Westward_Drift.
    I'm very happy to get this jacket and very grateful that Steve has sold me his spare jacket in a selfless way.
    My thanks also go to Welshboy for his help and his kind support.

It's good to know, that there are such guys like you out there. Thanks.
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

This is where I saw it first:

Illya_Kuryakin_david_mccallum_14095980_726_928.jpg

The original Illya Kuryakin. 1964. Before the Spectre teaser poster, before LALD and before Bullitt. Does anyone know if anyone wore this outfit before 1964?

Matt, clearly this style is taken from the World War 2 French Resistance Fighter .........albeit of Action Man fame, or for our American cousins, GI Joe. :) The trousers, holster, sweater, even the original Bond facial scar

fr4.jpg

French_Resistance_Fighter_40th_AM.jpg
  • sumner89sumner89 Manchester, EnglandPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    I'm sure some people may be interested to know that the JV jacket appears to be in stock in all sizes on the JV website at the full price of £495. I haven't bought one myself so I cannot confirm, but it did allow me to add a large to my basket, and proceed to payment...
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    Wish it was cheaper like before :#
  • crt007crt007 Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    Received an email from john varvatos customer service that there is a small restock.

I was able to order and received a confirmation email.

-Chris

My thoughts also. I've bought a Hugo Boss alternative in the sales now, so the re-stock came a bit too late for me anyway.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    I much prefer the "slim fit front zip jacket" on the U.S. site. A shame they didn't go with that one instead.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    can someone please post a link to it ?? :)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    sumner89 wrote:

My thoughts also. I've bought a Hugo Boss alternative in the sales now, so the re-stock came a bit too late for me anyway.

Which one is that?

It seems that any links to the site take you straight to the home page of the JV website. Search for there suede racer jacket and it should come up.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    sumner89 wrote:

It seems that any links to the site take you straight to the home page of the JV website. Search for there suede racer jacket and it should come up.

thank you! :)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    sumner89 wrote:

Which one is that?

http://www.flannels.com/boss-black-gathuro-bomber-jacket-696926?colcode=69692622

This one. I prefer this one as I'm not overly keen on the zipped sleeves on the JV.
    sumner89 wrote:

thank you! :)

No problem. Wow, its already sold out in size small! I don't think they are going to hang around long.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    edited June 2015
    I may have an extra MEDIUM JV jacket on hand if anyone needs one...please email david@thebondexperience if interested...

(now reserved....that was fast!)