Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    The Cucinelli is sharp… but the Varvatos has some really great details.. the sleeve zips, the baseball stitching… gives it a more aggressive look… The Cucinelli looks like it would be more at home in a coffee shop..
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,093MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    I'm not going to get into a contest about which jacket is better. What I will say is the JV jackets on sale are expensive for me. The thought of spending 6 times that for a similar item gives me the willies. At $500 I feel I should be wrapped up in bubble wrap before leaving the house. At $2800, just put it in a glass case.

Edited to add: I like the suede side of the Cucinelli, but not the smooth leather side. Color doesn't seem rich enough.

Something that annoyed me with the listing; the model's measurements are given but not the size jacket he's wearing. That's the type of amateur omission I'd expect from Gilt.
  • NikoNiko Posts: 73MI6 Agent
    I've been looking for a cheaper alternative to the JV cafe racer jacket and came across a bomber jacket at Pretty Green:-

http://www.prettygreen.com/shop/product/navy-suede-bomber/. At £395 it's still too rich for my blood but if someone has the spare cash they may want to have a look.

I'm still looking for something in the price range like this on the ASOS site http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Suede-Bomber-Jacket/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4714816&cid=11760&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Black&totalstyles=76&gridsize=3
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Great detective work skippy as im a uk resident and have obviously missed the boat while on hols.
    Really helpful and I'm happy now to wait until Nov and handy its my birthday then , thanks :)) :007)
    Skippy wrote:
    Just want to give a big shout out for John Varvatos London store.

Went over there this afternoon and had a great visit. I'm lucky enough to live and work in central London, so I get to be in and out of a lot of the designer stores in London and whether I'm dressed casual or in a high end personal tailored suit the staff response in many stores to customers can be indifferent - not so JV London though.

Was met at the door by one of their staff Paul and was given a tour round the store. Its very Rock'n'Roll as brand with their heritage, which I don't exactly fit with, but I was made to feel welcome and Paul obviously had a strong knowledge of his products. Upstairs is tailored suits, ground floor is casual clothing and downstairs is the playground of goodies and I do mean 'Play'!

JV London is in the old Belstaff store on Conduit Street and they are worth successors IMO. Very well laid out, eye catching images of numerous rock acts and downstairs there is even a small stage and all the kit for live music. If your an axe man the store is well worth a visit, with a large collection of Strato guitars, which you are at liberty to plug in and play if you have the skill set ...so long as you don't play 'Stairway to Heaven' I'm told!! Unfortunately I don't have a musical bone in my body.

"But what about The Jacket?" I hear you cry. Well they are sold out.

I admitted to Paul when he asked if I had experience of the brand that I knew nothing of them before the JB link. He told me independently of asking they had indeed had SPECTRE production jackets returned to the store and sold them all. He even stated that one of the SPECTRE stuntmen had been in the store trying to snag himself a size large of the jacket without luck.

Paul did produce one of the jackets in a size medium for me to try on, which was super nice of him considering it was another member of JV staffs personal jacket! I also tried on a similar goatskin suede short jacket in both large and medium. I have to say the sizing is very like the whole To-ki-to experience...

Great looking jacket in a lovely colour of blue and such a soft lightweight leather. But the SPECTRE jacket is actually quite a basic design compared to others in their range. The other jacket I tried on which I assume is the suede version of their Classic Racer Jacket was very nice and I would have been tempted to buy that had it not been twice the price of the SPECTRE one :s Might look out for that one on sale :p

Anyway they are aiming for a SPECTRE jacket store re-issue in NOVEMBER 2015 and are taking pre-orders (three on the list so far including me) with a deposit of £100. The £495 original non-sale price point remains ...for now...

JV London is definitely worth making a destination on a visit to capital. They apparently have impromptu live music going on (they had had a band in jamming the other day but apparently no customers came in to appreciate it!) and a bar {[] when there are pre-organised sessions, so it seems like a good place to be in-the-know with.

Based on experience so far, I would highly recommend them B-)
    007 reporting for duty
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    chriscollins007 - no worries :) But I would speak with JV London and maybe pre-order. I can't say this for definite, but I got a feeling they may only get the jackets they receive pre-orders for. Chatting with the guy in the store I got the impression that JV have yet to recognise the power of the Bond brand like Billy Reid have and may not look to do a significant re-issue of the jacket.

Like I say, that just an impression I got. A lot could change between now and November ...including my waistline so I can fit the jacket better hopefully! :))
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Niko wrote:
    I've been looking for a cheaper alternative to the JV cafe racer jacket and came across a bomber jacket at Pretty Green:-

http://www.prettygreen.com/shop/product/navy-suede-bomber/. At £395 it's still too rich for my blood but if someone has the spare cash they may want to have a look.

I'm still looking for something in the price range like this on the ASOS site http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Suede-Bomber-Jacket/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4714816&cid=11760&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Black&totalstyles=76&gridsize=3

That Pretty Green jacket is really nice - although the seam on the right upper chest is a shame. Seems to be a lot of these suede jackets around at the moment, must be a current on-trend fashion piece.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Good point Skippy

I think Barbour had to reissue a few batches and still ran out of the reissues before releasing the commander version

Levis also did 3-4 runs to cash in before halting
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    At $500 I feel I should be wrapped up in bubble wrap before leaving the house.

Agreed… Had my first mishap with one of my Bond clothing purchases last night actually.. Pool party at my sister's place.. great weather.. Bourbon by the pool…. but the Orlebar Brown shorts plus Bar B Q.. yeah.. not good.. I now have a very small stain which I hope will come out with a good soaking in Shout… :# In the end I refuse to buy any of this stuff to put up.. I'm going to use / wear it…
    Skippy wrote:
    That Pretty Green jacket is really nice - although the seam on the right upper chest is a shame. Seems to be a lot of these suede jackets around at the moment, must be a current on-trend fashion piece.

Probably a way for it to look like there is a chest pocket without the expense of actually making one. I also notice the item description doesn't say what type of suede. Still, nice jacket.

Skippy, good point about the JV reorder. That they are doing a reissue at all is commendable, and a change from their first position. Has anyone tried to see if the reissue will be limited to the JV stores and website or whether other retailers (Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, etc.) will get it as well? This may help gauge the size of the run and its general availability.
    My Canada Goose got a tear last week :(

My Orlebars went a bit discoloured from swimming pool (chemicals I guess)
    MFisher wrote:
    At $500 I feel I should be wrapped up in bubble wrap before leaving the house.

Agreed… Had my first mishap with one of my Bond clothing purchases last night actually.. Pool party at my sister's place.. great weather.. Bourbon by the pool…. but the Orlebar Brown shorts plus Bar B Q.. yeah.. not good.. I now have a very small stain which I hope will come out with a good soaking in Shout… :# In the end I refuse to buy any of this stuff to put up.. I'm going to use / wear it…
    welshboy78 wrote:
    My Canada Goose got a tear last week :(

My Orlebars went a bit discoloured from swimming pool (chemicals I guess)

And stories like these make me very, very nervous. This is why at work I wear polo shirts from Target or Ebay. Go out to dinner and I feel I should wear a lobster bib, whatever I'm ordering.

Swimsuits should not discolor due to pool chemicals. I'd contact OB customer service.

The JV Jacket makes me particularly uneasy since my small town has no professional leather cleaner. I'd have to go to San Jose. Even the leather detailing of my Billy Reid required my dry cleaner to ship it out. Took over two weeks to get it back.

But I am buying them to wear them, so they will not last forever.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Out of interest Welshboy78, what chemicals are you swimming in ? :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Out of interest Welshboy78, what chemicals are you swimming in ? :D

Normal pool chlorine (its a bleach at the end of the day) plus all that Floridian sun that Welshie loves to lay in ,will lighten your prized swimwear :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Yeah it was Florida or Cancun (had too many cocktails to remember which part of holiday)

My Orlebars were never used for a few years so not sure if I have a case! I remember this being a problem with early batch, think might be thread and response here actually in the depth of AJB!

Still aint got the body for my CR trunks :D
  • austin91austin91 Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    I was trying to create a new post but for reason was having trouble finding that link.

For those interested, I finally acquired a size small Y-3 quantum of solace jacket. The jacket has never been worn.
    (I'm not even going to mention the lengths I had to go to in order to acquire it)
    Needless to say, I'm not looking to sell it at the moment, but if anyone has a size XS in this particular jacket
    and would like to trade up, feel free to PM me. Thanks
  • AkwenESCAkwenESC Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    I wrote to JV (the website, not the London store) and asked if there was any pre-order list. I got a reply saying there wasn't any pre-order list and that I should keep my eyes open in october. It makes me a bit irritated, as both Billy Reid and Barbour offered pre-orders after their original lines where out of stock (I was on the former but not the latter, I didn't plan at first to buy the commander jacket). Also, since Ido not live in iether London or the USA I have no chance of picking up a jacket in any of the stores.

I'm actually considering asking anyone here who, comes the re-issue in october, has access to those stores to buy the jacket in size S for me and then I'd pay for it plus the cost of having it shipped to sweden :p A bit desperate perhaps but something tells me the online sources will be out of stock pretty darn soon after the re-issue. I have already gotten the "We're sorry but the item you purchased is out of stock"-mail twice and I'm not very keen on getting it again XD
    AkwenESC wrote:
    I'm actually considering asking anyone here who, comes the re-issue in october, has access to those stores to buy the jacket in size S for me and then I'd pay for it plus the cost of having it shipped to sweden :p A bit desperate perhaps but something tells me the online sources will be out of stock pretty darn soon after the re-issue. I have already gotten the "We're sorry but the item you purchased is out of stock"-mail twice and I'm not very keen on getting it again XD

There was a S up for sale here the other day

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45877/fs-john-varvatos-suede-spectre-jacket-small/

Has it sold?
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    AkwenESC wrote:

There was a S up for sale here the other day

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45877/fs-john-varvatos-suede-spectre-jacket-small/

Has it sold?

My small is still available
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    thanks buddy , i bear that in mind and may take a trip myself.
    with you on the waistline , now back from hols and need some serious trimming back up CR style.
    Skippy wrote:
    chriscollins007 - no worries :) But I would speak with JV London and maybe pre-order. I can't say this for definite, but I got a feeling they may only get the jackets they receive pre-orders for. Chatting with the guy in the store I got the impression that JV have yet to recognise the power of the Bond brand like Billy Reid have and may not look to do a significant re-issue of the jacket.

Like I say, that just an impression I got. A lot could change between now and November ...including my waistline so I can fit the jacket better hopefully! :))
    007 reporting for duty
  • NorchaNorcha Posts: 148MI6 Agent
    AkwenESC wrote:
    I wrote to JV (the website, not the London store) and asked if there was any pre-order list. I got a reply saying there wasn't any pre-order list and that I should keep my eyes open in october. It makes me a bit irritated, as both Billy Reid and Barbour offered pre-orders after their original lines where out of stock (I was on the former but not the latter, I didn't plan at first to buy the commander jacket). Also, since Ido not live in iether London or the USA I have no chance of picking up a jacket in any of the stores.

There is a list! I already payed a deposit :))
  • TravelerTraveler NYCPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    Norcha wrote:
    AkwenESC wrote:

There is a list! I already payed a deposit :))

Hmmm - I just got this Email from them stating no list...

"Greetings Lee,

Thank you for reaching out to us at johnvaravtos.com!

We have unfortunately sold out of the Suede Racer Jacket companywide.

However, it has been set for re-release in late October in time for the release of the new James Bond movie.

There are no pre-orders being taken at this time.

Always happy to help,
    Mijon Zulu
    Customer Care

john varvatos
    phone: 1.800.780.5838"
    Get to London store. I'm sure there's a limited number reissued
    Mijon told me at beginning that they never supplied these jackets for London store! When actually costume designers bought them from London store :))
    So besically if I wouldn't ask them but checked the store,I would already had one!
    Norcha wrote:
    Get to London store. I'm sure there's a limited number reissued
    Mijon told me at beginning that they never supplied these jackets for London store! When actually costume designers bought them from London store :))
    So besically if I wouldn't ask them but checked the store,I would already had one!

Norcha, we already know the London store is taking pre-orders. It's the website that isn't. Getting to the London store doesn't do jack for people outside the UK or US. And from the earlier posts it looks like the London's store's supply came from jackets EON returned to the store. Where they bought 30 jackets is unknown, but that quantity would probably indicate they purchased from the website. No single store would carry that many. So the customer care email you got about the London JV store not being supplied with the jacket may be technically correct.
    I'm not Londoner! Phone!?
    If someone really want this jacket,he will find the way to get it
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Norcha wrote:
    If someone really want this jacket,he will find the way to get it

If none are for sale how exactly do you go about obtaining one then?
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    Found these for really cheap in a J Crew outlet. To me they are a great frugal alternative to the TF pants.
    image.jpg
    hthomas wrote:
    Found these for really cheap in a J Crew outlet. To me they are a great frugal alternative to the TF pants.
    image.jpg

Which pants are they Harris?
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    Is there a roundup post with the key outfits?
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
    hthomas wrote:
    image.jpg

Which pants are they Harris?

Based on website it looks like these - https://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothing/pants/bedford_pants/PRDOVR~03604/03604.jsp

They classify them as Navy but they are grey in person