Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    Medium sold out now too!.... I pulled the trigger on one.... Is anyone able to give pit to pit measurements of a size L vs an xl?
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
    .... Now only large and xxl left

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Only XXL left...

Paid my deposit a week or so ago for rerelease, bit disappointing these werent earmarked for those who have done this ?

Their website and store are clearly not communicating with each other :-(
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Only XXL left...

Paid my deposit a week or so ago for rerelease, bit disappointing these werent earmarked for those who have done this ?

Yeah that is unfortunate, thats the problem with large companies....
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Only XXL left...

Yeah that is unfortunate, thats the problem with large companies....

Yup
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Polynikes wrote:
    Medium sold out now too!.... I pulled the trigger on one.... Is anyone able to give pit to pit measurements of a size L vs an xl?

Im a L in the Levis and XL in the Barbour. The L is far too tight for me with the JV but the XL is perfect!!!
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    sumner89 wrote:
    I'm sure some people may be interested to know that the JV jacket appears to be in stock in all sizes on the JV website at the full price of £495. I haven't bought one myself so I cannot confirm, but it did allow me to add a large to my basket, and proceed to payment...

Nice heads up, well done that man! -{

As for price, if your in the market for most Bond stuff - JV, John Smedley, Sunspel, Orlebar Brown - sign up for the emails from them as all these companies offer discount codes at some point. I NEVER pay full price for this stuff and typically get what I want with 20% off.

Signing up for JV emails will get you a 15% discount code on online orders straight off the bat B-)
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Polynikes wrote:

Im a L in the Levis and XL in the Barbour. The L is far too tight for me with the JV but the XL is perfect!!!

So my guess was right regarding your size. :)

Care to give your opinion of the jacket now that it finally reached you?

I will post the dimensions of the large when I get off work. Still around four or five hours unless someone else gives it beforehand.

Amazed with the speed the jacket sold online today.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    I know it's not exactly the same as the JV jacket but it is a close enough for those without a Bond sized budget. I bought mine for $74.50 CDN during the Danier in-store sale this past weekend. On sale currently for $149 which is down from it's regular price of $349.00. Hard to see in those pics but in real life it is very similar in colour to the JV jacket. Ignore the shiny look of the leather on the website. It's actually much darker and is made of suede like in my top pic. Not sure if it's for sale online any longer but I know the store close to me has a few left in S, M sizes.

http://www.danier.com/bridger-textured-leather-moto-/d/2732

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Full_Size_Render_1.jpg
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”

So my guess was right regarding your size. :)

Care to give your opinion of the jacket now that it finally reached you?

Well the first thing that amazed me was how light the package was for 2 jackets! Then when I opened the box how light the jacket was! Even though I knew it was a light weight suede etc I was still surprised!!! Def a jacket that needs to be well taken care of!

Upon pulling the XL jacket out the box I did initially worry as it looked so small (XXL required sprang to my mind) however my fears were short-lived as when the jacket was on I knew it was perfect! The L was still in the box at this point and I thought it was not worth trying on but I thought what the hell - fit me exactly like my CR Armani that I sadly had to let go!!

Anyhow I didn't think the jacket would suit me that well (concerned about the sleeve zippers that I wasn't really much of a fan) however I really like it - fantastic jacket and the small details that don't look a big deal on the online pics (like the stitching is fantastic). My only negative is like I said above - I think it will require good care being suede and very light weight!! Prob wear it out on date nights with the mrs rather then down the pub around the louts! :))
    Here are the dimensions of my large for anyone interested:

Chest (pit to pit): 22 in/56 cm
    Back Shoulder 18.5 in/47 cm
    Outer Sleeve: 27 in/68.5 cm
    Bottom hem: 21.25 in/54 cm
    Front from bottom of collar: 23.25 in/ 59 cm
    Back from bottom of collar 25.25 in/ 64 cm

Hope this helps.

Welshboy, care to chime in with the XL dimensions for polynikes? Was it just the chest that was too tight in the L or was it the shoulders?
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Upon pulling the XL jacket out the box I did initially worry as it looked so small (XXL required sprang to my mind) however my fears were short-lived as when the jacket was on I knew it was perfect! The L was still in the box at this point and I thought it was not worth trying on but I thought what the hell - fit me exactly like my CR Armani that I sadly had to let go!!

Anyhow I didn't think the jacket would suit me that well (concerned about the sleeve zippers that I wasn't really much of a fan) however I really like it - fantastic jacket and the small details that don't look a big deal on the online pics (like the stitching is fantastic). My only negative is like I said above - I think it will require good care being suede and very light weight!! Prob wear it out on date nights with the mrs rather then down the pub around the louts! :))

Sounds like your CR Armani jacket would have fit me. :(

I'm in agreement with your points, Weshie. Very much a jacket to be careful with. Unfortunately my date nights often do involve bars with lots of sloshing alcohol. (Maybe I've said too much.... :v ) I, too, wasn't a fan of the details in pictures, but in person I quite like them. Already gotten several compliments on the jacket.

Checked this thread at work and saw how fast it sold out online today. Remarkable. It was like reading a live blog about how fast it was selling. I would never have paid full price for this jacket, but others have much more money than I. All relative I guess. While I understand the consternation of those on the pre-order list, I doubt the website based in the US has any real connection to the brick and mortar London store. My sense is the London store may be using the pre-orders to gauge the size of their jacket order with corporate. I'd hope today's quick sell-out of the jacket will impress upon JV the demand for the jacket, even at full price.
    Thanks for the sizing info!.... I fear I ordered the wrong size. I made the fatal error of following the size chart. I think the XL will be too big so may be looking for a trade quite soon.

• MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    So when JV releases the "second coming" of the suede jacket, do you guys think it will be at full price or at the sale price?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    From what I heard it will be full price, though there may be a 15% discount offered for a limited time...that being said, we have heard they will be changing the lining so for those purists, the jacket will be different...slightly...
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    $900 is so much though! Ha Oh well there goes my credit card again :(
  • dr godr go Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    From what I heard it will be full price, though there may be a 15% discount offered for a limited time...that being said, we have heard they will be changing the lining so for those purists, the jacket will be different...slightly...

hi do you know how the lining will be changed?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I don't know all the details but that is very typical of them to change things from season to season even subtly.
    The Mantis wrote:
    I don't know all the details but that is very typical of them to change things from season to season even subtly.

It's interesting how when companies new to the 007 franchise finally recognise the interest in their Bond related product, some fail to recognise the need for maintaining the accuracy of any re-issue of that product to the screen used item :s
  • dr godr go Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Thanks, guess I'll console myself that we're lucky to be getting a re-issue at all...
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    More jackets released at JV just grabbed a large
    edited June 2015
    Skippy wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

It's interesting how when companies new to the 007 franchise finally recognise the interest in their Bond related product, some fail to recognise the need for maintaining the accuracy of any re-issue of that product to the screen used item :s

At least it's just the lining, although since the reissue wasn't originally planned I'd hope they can maintain consistency with the color of the suede.
    Polynikes wrote:
    Thanks for the sizing info!.... I fear I ordered the wrong size. I made the fatal error of following the size chart. I think the XL will be too big so may be looking for a trade quite soon.

I hope it works out for you. The thing to remember about this jacket is that it is very light and thin, so there isn't much difference between the outer and inner dimensions.
    shilton125 wrote:
    More jackets released at JV just grabbed a large

Nice snag! B-)

Beginning to wonder if these jackets aren't returns being re-marketed after being received back from buyers who have found they have sizing issues...

XL and XXL still available online at JV if anyone is interested.
    Polynikes wrote:

For XL

Pit to pit = approx 23 inches

Would have to measure rest when I get home, hope that helps let me know otherwise

JV%20XL.jpg
    Much appreciated! As a rule of thumb I need a size down from you with the jackets but 22 pit to pit on a large is cutting it very fine..... I'm relieved the XL doesn't appear to be too much bigger. At the time I had the opportunity to order both so should have done that...Thanks again!

Just had a reply to a query from JV Customer services.... As of right now they only have one XL and three XXL's left in stock.....

Sounds like your inbetween sizes!

Well you will prob find a swap if too big maybe?

Yes always buy two if you can temp afford it with the view of returning or selling on one!!
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    For those who are interested in the SM300 with Natostrap - the lugs are 21mm and the Omega NATO is 20mm there is a little space - not like in Goldfinger Rolex look but it goes in that direction. My strap was fitted on the watch by the Omega watchmaker at the Omega Boutique. I have posted many pictures on Instagram SLF41 if you ant to have a look
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    Just checked online on Jv.com xxl is stil available ...https://www.johnvarvatos.com/suede-racer-jacket/L855R1L-Y668.html
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Friedl41 wrote:
    For those who are interested in the SM300 with Natostrap - the lugs are 21mm and the Omega NATO is 20mm there is a little space - not like in Goldfinger Rolex look but it goes in that direction. My strap was fitted on the watch by the Omega watchmaker at the Omega Boutique. I have posted many pictures on Instagram SLF41 if you ant to have a look

If there is a little space then they've put on the wrong sized strap. It should fit spot on and tight to the lugs. No gaps or movement.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    I've been wearing my John Varvatos jacket on cooler nights, and I have gotten all kinds of compliments. It made me realize that all of the Bond jackets and shoes I have worn have gotten noticed and praised. I'm thankful to this site for making me look.good.