Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Again the clue is in the spacing of the lacing holes. I'm not great on posting pics, so looking back at the images of the boots from the Morocco scene and those DC is wearing at the airport, which are likely to be the same boots from the pics we have seen so far - those boots appear to have only 5 (or 10 if you count both sides) lace holes.

Those Aldens are close for the general look, but the lace holes are too close together and the ones DC has on either don't have hooks at the top, or he didn't lace the boots all the way up going on where the bow is tied at hole 5, which IMO is unlikely.

I'm pretty convinced these will turn out to be an old school desert boot in design, where as those Aldens are more of a work boot.

As said before though, searching the US makers is likely the best way forward.
  • TravelerTraveler NYCPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    I don't know ... they look very close ... I would say there's no reason to think he hasn't just tied them below the eyelets, especially if he just got off a plane where he had likely just put them on prior to landing!

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Traveler wrote:
    I don't know ... they look very close ... I would say there's no reason to think he hasn't just tied them below the eyelets, especially if he just got off a plane where he had likely just put them on prior to landing!

image.jpg

image.jpg

They could also be the shoe version;

https://www.jcrew.com/ca/mens_category/shoes/Kentonshoes/PRDOVR~43275/43275.jsp?color_name=sahara
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • Obi Sean KenobiObi Sean Kenobi Posts: 215MI6 Agent
    I received my black Havana TF snowdons today via FedEx from Italy.

I think they are a dead ringer for the spectre glasses.

Thoughts?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Traveler wrote:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I hear what your saying and they look damn close, but enlarge the two pics you have posted and look closely at the lace holes...
    1) the Aldens lace holes are too close together for a match & 2) those really shiny metal lace eyelets should really be visible on the DC picture and they're not

The hunt continues IMO.
    Traveler wrote:

image.jpg

image.jpg

https://www.jcrew.com/ca/mens_category/shoes/Kentonshoes/PRDOVR~43275/43275.jsp?color_name=sahara

The shoe version doesn't work either - look at the curved stitching. On the jcrew shoe version the stitching ends very close to the heel stack. On DC's boots there is a gap which matches the Aldens boots, but not the shoes.

I really don't fancy these turning out to be shoes, mainly because we all know DC's predilection for the chukka style boots.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    Guys, does anyone seem to know what kind of material the pants are made of that he wears in the poster? I'm trying to find something similar but I'm having a very hard time.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    DonnyDB5 wrote:
    Guys, does anyone seem to know what kind of material the pants are made of that he wears in the poster? I'm trying to find something similar but I'm having a very hard time.

If you back they are well covered in the thread. UK wise Next / Ted Baker have decent budget options...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • mudz112mudz112 London, United KingdomPosts: 130MI6 Agent
    That's because they are the Spectre Sunglasses lol :)

Thoughts?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    Traveler wrote:

image.jpg

image.jpg

The shoe version doesn't work either - look at the curved stitching. On the jcrew shoe version the stitching ends very close to the heel stack. On DC's boots there is a gap which matches the Aldens boots, but not the shoes.

I really don't fancy these turning out to be shoes, mainly because we all know DC's predilection for the chukka style boots.

I agree that the J-Crew boots or shoes are not it because of the aforementioned shiny eyelet issue and the stitching incongruities. But, the J-crew boot or shoe (depending on which the "airport boot/shoe" turns out to be) make great, potentially, budget alternatives. However, the question remains:

Are the airport boots/shoes the same as the Morocco boots/shoes?

If they are the same, and we are capable of ID'ing the airport boots/shoes, then this might help. Looking again at the picture below, it appears that we are seeing the top of the boot/shoe as Craig's pants lift above. I'm not very good at categorizing boots/shoes based on how high they rise on the ankle, so maybe someone else can chime in on this.

Screenshot_9.jpg

Maybe I'm just seeing things. And, most likely, I am over analyzing a poor quality image when one more decent Morocco image will likely knock it out of the park, but, hey, that's part of the fun as far as I'm concerned.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    So the Snowdon's are 100 percent confirmed the model from Spectre?
    mudz112 wrote:

Thoughts?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    Sriram858 wrote:
    mudz112 wrote:

Thoughts?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's still very much up in the air...
  • om3ga_seamasterom3ga_seamaster Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    Sriram858 wrote:
    mudz112 wrote:

The Black Havana's are close but not the exact model.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Sriram858 wrote:

The Red Havana's with brown lenses look to be the one.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
    Sriram858 wrote:

It's these ones - at first I doubted but now it's pretty obvious. Understand that some people will until an official announcement from EON but aside from that. It's pretty nailed on.

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/style/articles/2015-07/22/what-sunglasses-does-james-bond-wear-in-spectre
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,092MI6 Agent
    The GQ article managed to get wrong when Tom Ford suits started appearing in the films, so I would wait.

Not that getting basic information wrong is anything new for fashion magazines. A few months back Esquire could not tell the difference between Persol 714 and the 9714s, even when the photo showed the model number.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    mudz112 wrote:

It's these ones - at first I doubted but now it's pretty obvious. Understand that some people will until an official announcement from EON but aside from that. It's pretty nailed on.

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/style/articles/2015-07/22/what-sunglasses-does-james-bond-wear-in-spectre

I wouldn't trust some editors at GQ (you can even spot a bigger mistake in the first few lines of the article)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    I really do not think it is Shiny Black. Here is me trying them on yesterday.
    IMG_0189.jpg
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    mudz112 wrote:

I wouldn't trust some editors at GQ (you can even spot a bigger mistake in the first few lines of the article)

What's the mistake?

Is it that TF didn't start until QoS?
    kadd wrote:
    mudz112 wrote:

What's the mistake?

exactly
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    kadd wrote:

What's the mistake?

exactly

Understand your point but that doesn't mean they are wrong on this. From all the pictures it seems pretty obvious. I don't imagine they will go out of stock any time soon so people can wait for official confirmation. But it's kind of in our face and I don't see what alternative people are expecting? A 007 branded edition perhaps?
    it's been pointed out before that the ones from the movie are yet to come-ones
    and I personally wouldn't trust an editor that gets basic information false...

and a 007 edition definitely would be cool

Pointed out by whom? Apart from a 007 branded edition, I don't know what new model they have in mind. One that is exactly the same shape and colour as the Snowdens? I think that suggestion has been dismissed previously on this forum.

It's the Snowdens - just depends on whether we will get a branded edition. Don't see it coming to be honest if Skyfall is anything to go by.
    mudz112 wrote:

Pointed out by whom? Apart from a 007 branded edition, I don't know what new model they have in mind. One that is exactly the same shape and colour as the Snowdens? I think that suggestion has been dismissed previously on this forum.

It's the Snowdens - just depends on whether we will get a branded edition. Don't see it coming to be honest if Skyfall is anything to go by.

don't know where I've read it but somewhere it said that TF will release shades for the movie-that's all
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    mudz112 wrote:

don't know where I've read it but somewhere it said that TF will release shades for the movie-that's all

Mantis this in post 906 of this thread in February:
    The Mantis wrote:
    The sunglasses from Tom Ford have not been released yet...they are a slightly changed version that will be released in April...trying ot peg them down for an actual date, style name, price etc...stay tuned.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:
    mudz112 wrote:

The Mantis wrote:
    The sunglasses from Tom Ford have not been released yet...they are a slightly changed version that will be released in April...trying ot peg them down for an actual date, style name, price etc...stay tuned.

April has come and gone. Turned out to be false I guess.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    I do kind of hope it turns out to be the suede Alden's… having been a huge Indy fan forever as well.. ( and owning the Alden Indy boot.. which are outstanding and bomb proof boots).. I would be tempted to snag up the Alden suede boots if they turn out to be the ones...
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    mudz112 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

The Mantis wrote:

April has come and gone. Turned out to be false I guess.

Perhaps Mantis can shed some new light. He gets his information from the Tom Ford people.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Unfortunately no news has been given, other than they maintain a new model. Since it's not in the Spectre Look Book I have taken it with a grain of salt....still going to wait though (Moncler, Omega 300, Airman, etc...)