Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Mr Hinx can wear what he likes, No one is going to argue with him ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    To be honest, £800 for a suede jacket doesn't seem that bad.

And really I'd get far more use from it that £2,000 of Tom Ford kit that made me look like a snow commando in depth of snow we just don't get, and the accessories that go with 'em.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,690Chief of Staff
    thanks Mantis -{
    so 30 Pounds for one undie...guys what's your opinion? Are they worth to go for?

I have several pairs of their underwear - steady now :o - it IS expensive but it's excellent quality -{
    YNWA 97
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    thanks Mantis -{
    so 30 Pounds for one undie...guys what's your opinion? Are they worth to go for?

I have several pairs of their underwear - steady now :o - it IS expensive but it's excellent quality -{

Mine disintegrated on me, 'fraid
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    IanT wrote:
    mrgatsby wrote:
    10993453_590301474435903_4940280828354402825_o.jpg

Just came across this nice double breast pinstripe.

That jacket is gopping!!!!! The buttons are in the wrong place and it looks cheaply made. I've seen bin bags fit better too.

Sorry, got excited about seeing a nice DB jacket - got disappointed.

The button placement is all down to taste, and I actually really like the button placement on this suit. The placement is similar to Roger Moore's Cyril Castle suits. But the fit is the main problem, particularly the gaping chest. If it fit Daniel Craig, it would be a very nice suit.

Matt,
    You are one of the people in the world whose opinion on suits I truly respect but I am sorry to say, I can't agree with you on this. That jacket looks like an amateur attempt at suit making. It looks like it was made in the 1940s with the baggy, gaping chest.

For a true DB jacket I would always go for George Lazenby's blazer in OHMSS. Now that was well fitting and looked superb.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Well I know Mr Hinx wears a Matchless, but perhaps we will see one or two more?
    I could imagine that the MI6 staff or even better Oberhauser are wearing something from them ?:)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,690Chief of Staff
    Sir Miles wrote:
    thanks Mantis -{

Mine disintegrated on me, 'fraid

I hate to think what you did in them then :o
    YNWA 97
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    IanT wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    IanT wrote:

That jacket is gopping!!!!! The buttons are in the wrong place and it looks cheaply made. I've seen bin bags fit better too.

The button placement is all down to taste, and I actually really like the button placement on this suit. The placement is similar to Roger Moore's Cyril Castle suits. But the fit is the main problem, particularly the gaping chest. If it fit Daniel Craig, it would be a very nice suit.

Matt,
    You are one of the people in the world whose opinion on suits I truly respect but I am sorry to say, I can't agree with you on this. That jacket looks like an amateur attempt at suit making. It looks like it was made in the 1940s with the baggy, gaping chest.

For a true DB jacket I would always go for George Lazenby's blazer in OHMSS. Now that was well fitting and looked superb.

You're looking at this as if it's a bespoke suit. It's a ready-to-wear suit and not right for Daniel Craig's body. The chest is not baggy at all; it's gaping because it is too tight! There's nothing wrong at all with the suit on the rack. The problem is that Daniel Craig chose a suit that doesn't have the right cut for him. It probably fits normal people well, just not a man with a prominent chest. There's nothing 1940s about it either.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Well I know Mr Hinx wears a Matchless, but perhaps we will see one or two more?

Bond's Morocco jacket on Matchless's website, posted a couple of weeks back, looks great but a bit blurry. Did I miss where it said they were going to be available for £800?
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    No price info yet - all they have said is available in the fall (they have not released a pic yet, one appeared to have been leaked - the blurry one)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    by the way maybe someone can unlighten me?
    why is Matchless so popular /often used in movies?
    before SPECTRE I never even heard of them?!
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent

They pay to be in there - it's product placement, and extremely profitable for them.
    lippe wrote:

They pay to be in there - it's product placement, and extremely profitable for them.

ah ok, totally forgot about that aspect; thanks lippe {[]
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    A few people were asking about the Kirkpatrick shoulder holster that looks the part of the Spectre one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeOXVmSrMco
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Still nothing on the gloves?
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    A few people were asking about the Kirkpatrick shoulder holster that looks the part of the Spectre one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeOXVmSrMco
    I have that holster as well very nice
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Fantastic, thank you.

I occasionally carry my PPK concealed (fellow Pennsylvania resident) and have been looking for a good shoulder holster alternative to my galco inside-the-pant. Beyond the Bond connection, do you endorse this holster for that purpose?
    I do....have only used it once as a carry holster but very comfortable.
    IanT wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    IanT wrote:

Matt,

Here's how the suit is supposed to look:
    28pg_CUCINELLI.jpg

The model has a striking resemblance to Daniel Craig. The suit is not to my taste (I don't like shirt-style shoulders), but there's nothing objectively wrong with it. There's only something wrong with it on Daniel Craig, and that's Daniel Craig's fault, not the suit's.
    Firstly guys I'd like to point out that I know nothing about suits or
    Men's fashions, so have no right to stick my oar in but to me, as a
    Civilian as it were. That suit looks very 1920/30s in style ? Very
    Old fashioned. In that photo anyway.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Firstly guys I'd like to point out that I know nothing about suits or
    Men's fashions, so have no right to stick my oar in but to me, as a
    Civilian as it were. That suit looks very 1920/30s in style ? Very
    Old fashioned. In that photo anyway.

The wide-spaced chalkstripes on flannel are what make this suit look old-fashioned. In a navy worsted with closer-spaced pinstripes it would look much more modern. The cut and style is actually a very modern take on a double-breasted suit. Back in the 1920s and 1930s bigger shoulders were the style, not soft natural shoulders, and there was a lot more wrap (overlap). This suit is more of a modern Neapolitan take on a 1960s double-breasted suit. What the cut of this suit does have in common with 1930s suits, however, is the belly (outward curve) on the lapels, just the lapels are narrower than what you would have found then.
    {[] Thanks for the info Matt S. -{
    Snowdon in Shiny Black confirmed...just had a call with TF and they are the same Snowdon sunglasses that are out there, however there may be some new packaging but it will NOT be Spectre or Bond packaging...just a change in packaging. SO< for all those that believed in the Snowdon in shiny black, GOOD ON YOU!

Important to note there are many fakes out there of this style so if it looks too good to be true in price beware! And also, these should have almost a tortoise backing to them...outside is shiny black...

tom_ford_shiny_black_snowdon_50mm_sunglasses_pro.jpg
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,340MI6 Agent
    Good enough for me!

Can someone help me with the "Shny Black" ID, though - I'm seeing Black Havana for sale. Is that a different model?
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    the color code for the Shiny Black is 05B
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Thanks for confirmation David! -{
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Thanks for confirmation David! -{

+1.

I bought the Snowdons in brown and have gotten compliments every time I've worn them. Here I am being filmed for a television show wearing them.

Image_1_4.jpg
  • sumner89sumner89 Manchester, EnglandPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    Good enough for me!

Can someone help me with the "Shny Black" ID, though - I'm seeing Black Havana for sale. Is that a different model?

I am also having this issue now while I'm searching. I am using the O5B code, but most retailers describe the frame as either black havana or dark havana. Are these the correct ones? And the other issue is the "T" on the arms does not appear to be gold on all of them, although that could be down to poor quality pictures I suppose...

I just want to make sure I am buying the correct ones!
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    sumner89 wrote:
    Good enough for me!

I am also having this issue now while I'm searching. I am using the O5B code, but most retailers describe the frame as either black havana or dark havana. Are these the correct ones? And the other issue is the "T" on the arms does not appear to be gold on all of them, although that could be down to poor quality pictures I suppose...

I believe the 05B number is all you need to worry about but I could be totally wrong.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • sumner89sumner89 Manchester, EnglandPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    sumner89 wrote:
    Good enough for me!

I believe the 05B number is all you need to worry about but I could be totally wrong.

Haha! I really want to go with you on this, as I can't seem to find any online retailers in the UK referring to "shiny black", but they do sell 05B models. Anybody else in the UK purchased them yet? If so, where from?

I've bought the Sunspel polo is Spectral Grey to stop myself from hastily getting the potentially wrong sunglasses :))