Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    edited August 2015
    Skippy wrote:

The shoe version doesn't work either - look at the curved stitching. On the jcrew shoe version the stitching ends very close to the heel stack. On DC's boots there is a gap which matches the Aldens boots, but not the shoes.

I really don't fancy these turning out to be shoes, mainly because we all know DC's predilection for the chukka style boots.

I agree that the J-Crew boots or shoes are not it because of the aforementioned shiny eyelet issue and the stitching incongruities. But, the J-crew boot or shoe (depending on which the "airport boot/shoe" turns out to be) make great, potentially, budget alternatives. However, the question remains:

Are the airport boots/shoes the same as the Morocco boots/shoes?

If they are the same, and we are capable of ID'ing the airport boots/shoes, then this might help. Looking again at the picture below, it appears that we are seeing the top of the boot/shoe as Craig's pants lift above. I'm not very good at categorizing boots/shoes based on how high they rise on the ankle, so maybe someone else can chime in on this.

Screenshot_9.jpg

Maybe I'm just seeing things. And, most likely, I am over analyzing a poor quality image when one more decent Morocco image will likely knock it out of the park, but, hey, that's part of the fun as far as I'm concerned.

Over the last few days, off and on, I've been checking out the major U.S. and U.K. brands (A.E., Loake, etc.) and some other brands I'd never heard off until I started exploring. I've tried Google searches with "mens suede lace up ankle boots", "nubuck field boots", "brick Dainite sole boots", and numerous other variations. I've also checked out aggretor sites like lyst and shopstyle. I've found some possible shoes, like these from Waverly:

DSC_0004-500x332.jpg

But as far as boots go, the Alden Kenton is the closest I've found by a long shot. I think the shiny upper eyelets are just hidden by his jeans, unless you mean the metal lower eyelets, which I think can be explained by the general wear and tear on the boots dulling the shine. And, like you said, the fact that this is a pretty poor quality image.

Still not 100% sure they're Alden's or that they are the same as in the movie. Just sharing the results of my search so far.

Should also mention that Alden has done a lot of semi-exclusive partnerships with different retailers in the U.S. and U.K.; I posted this earlier, but this is a pair they did with a retailer in Carmel:

324_01.jpg

So they may not be the J Crew Kentons, but a slight variation on the style produced for a different retail partner.

Last edit: Clarks also did a high top chukka that comes close (hard to find now):

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=99686861
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    mrgatsby wrote:
    10993453_590301474435903_4940280828354402825_o.jpg

Just came across this nice double breast pinstripe.

That jacket is gopping!!!!! The buttons are in the wrong place and it looks cheaply made. I've seen bin bags fit better too.

Sorry, got excited about seeing a nice DB jacket - got disappointed.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    IanT wrote:
    mrgatsby wrote:
    10993453_590301474435903_4940280828354402825_o.jpg

Just came across this nice double breast pinstripe.

That jacket is gopping!!!!! The buttons are in the wrong place and it looks cheaply made. I've seen bin bags fit better too.

Sorry, got excited about seeing a nice DB jacket - got disappointed.

The button placement is all down to taste, and I actually really like the button placement on this suit. The placement is similar to Roger Moore's Cyril Castle suits. But the fit is the main problem, particularly the gaping chest. If it fit Daniel Craig, it would be a very nice suit.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    I have the Ghost dress in my possession at the moment. I can see why people have assumed it's silver - though obviously dusty green to the eye, any photo I take of it turns out very silver. This is Bond's "is the dress this colour or that" moment.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    lippe wrote:
    I have the Ghost dress in my possession at the moment. I can see why people have assumed it's silver - though obviously dusty green to the eye, any photo I take of it turns out very silver. This is Bond's "is the dress this colour or that" moment.
    can you upload some pics please ? :)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    Shall do - going to steam it and I'll snap a few today. I'll try and edit a few to show what the colour actually looks like to the eye as well.
    lippe wrote:
    Shall do - going to steam it and I'll snap a few today. I'll try and edit a few to show what the colour actually looks like to the eye as well.

thanks {[]
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    A more detailed post in another thread but for those completists, SPECTRE underwear from Spectre now available:

Sunspel_Riviera_T_Shirt.jpg

Sunspel_Stretch_Cotton_Brief_Navy.jpg

Sunspel_Stretch_Cotton_Brief_White.jpg

Sunspel_Stretch_Cotton_Low_Waist_Trunk_Navy.jpg

Sunspel_Stretch_Cotton_Low_Waist_Trunk_White.jpg
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    I'm looking forward to seeing Lea in that underwear :D
    Holden wrote:
    I'm looking forward to seeing Lea in that underwear :D

no bra...where's Thunderpussy? :))
    The Mantis wrote:
    A more detailed post in another thread but for those completists, SPECTRE underwear from Spectre now available:

Sunspel_Riviera_T_Shirt.jpg

Sunspel_Stretch_Cotton_Brief_Navy.jpg

Sunspel_Stretch_Cotton_Brief_White.jpg

Sunspel_Stretch_Cotton_Low_Waist_Trunk_Navy.jpg

Sunspel_Stretch_Cotton_Low_Waist_Trunk_White.jpg

can someone please post some links to these now-available items?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    https://youtu.be/i541IyjvjUQ
    an exciting action scene showing the pants. :p :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Well, there will obviously be a scene where Dan gets his tits and bis out for the girls and boys.

Question is...

... will he be sucking his gut in at the same time? :)
    Given the exciting life Bond leads, I don't think white would be a good
    colour for him. Not for high stress situations. :)) I only hope they're
    not as tightly cut as the TF suits, :# a man needs a bit of freedom. :))

as an ex SBS man, wouldn't Bond, go " Commando" :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Given the exciting life Bond leads, I don't think white would be a good
    colour for him. Not for high stress situations. :)) I only hope they're
    not as tightly cut as the TF suits, :# a man needs a bit of freedom. :))

as an ex SBS man, wouldn't Bond, go " Commando" :D

Daniel Craig Bond, novelized by Raymond Benson.

"For the first time, she saw James Bond totally naked.

She had a cardiac arrest and died"
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Thanks Mantis , looks like new redesign Rivera T shirt now available yet
    007 reporting for duty
    thanks Mantis -{
    so 30 Pounds for one undie...guys what's your opinion? Are they worth to go for?
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    However the rivera V neck seems to be not available anymore... I suppose it's a joke with all the underwear?
    Surley Spectre underwear would have kite on the bottom, so it could dance in
    the wind ? :))
    ( sorry for being so flippant guys, I know some take it very seriously ) :#
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    I suppose it's a joke with all the underwear?

"I never Joke about my underwear 007" ;)
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    Surley Spectre underwear would have kite on the bottom, so it could dance in
    the wind ? :))
    ( sorry for being so flippant guys, I know some take it very seriously ) :#
    I don't blame you...I think we all need to be tongue in cheek with this...oh crap, I can't believe I said that...
    :)) :)) :))
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Thanks for the link David

What are people's thinking regarding the potential price of the Spectre Morrocco blouson?

Do you think it will be close to the £1,000 mark like the other Matchless jackets? Gulp...
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Thanks - interesting
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    kadd wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

Thanks for the link David

What are people's thinking regarding the potential price of the Spectre Morrocco blouson?

Do you think it will be close to the £1,000 mark like the other Matchless jackets? Gulp...

I think it will be around $1200 (dollars mind you)...
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Thanks David

Well I know Mr Hinx wears a Matchless, but perhaps we will see one or two more?