Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    I looked at the Shiny Black, but my feeling about "dressing like Bond" is that I should wear a flattering (Bond) style in a color that flatters me.

Matt S, what is your advice?
  • lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    I looked at the Shiny Black, but my feeling about "dressing like Bond" is that I should wear a flattering (Bond) style in a color that flatters me.

Always buy only what flatters you. Bond's wardrobe is an idea, not a set of instructions. Personally in these frames I'd lean towards a dark brown pair - my complexion dictates that the likes of tortoiseshell flatter me far more than black. Look hot in what you wear, not like a poor man's copy of what you see on screen.
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    sumner89 wrote:
    hthomas wrote:
    sumner89 wrote:

I am also having this issue now while I'm searching. I am using the O5B code, but most retailers describe the frame as either black havana or dark havana. Are these the correct ones? And the other issue is the "T" on the arms does not appear to be gold on all of them, although that could be down to poor quality pictures I suppose...

I just want to make sure I am buying the correct ones!

I believe the 05B number is all you need to worry about but I could be totally wrong.

Haha! I really want to go with you on this, as I can't seem to find any online retailers in the UK referring to "shiny black", but they do sell 05B models. Anybody else in the UK purchased them yet? If so, where from?

I've bought the Sunspel polo is Spectral Grey to stop myself from hastily getting the potentially wrong sunglasses :))

The last Tom Ford newsletter I received has them with two different colour lenses - brown and grey. Nice to have these finally identified! Unfortunately not currently available on line.

http://www.tomford.com/snowdon-soft-square-sunglasses/FT0237.html?dwvar_FT0237_color=05J#start=5
    Obviously SA means a lot if you are a collector. I'm talking about those of us clueless fellows who are collecting Bond clothes because it makes us look handsome. We need all the help we can get.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    lippe wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

Always buy only what flatters you. Bond's wardrobe is an idea, not a set of instructions. Personally in these frames I'd lean towards a dark brown pair - my complexion dictates that the likes of tortoiseshell flatter me far more than black. Look hot in what you wear, not like a poor man's copy of what you see on screen.

Exactly lippe!

Cheverian, if you have very dark hair or grey hair, black would look good on you. If you have a lighter complexion and light hair, the Red Havana would be a better choice. Red Havana would also look better on Daniel Craig, but since it appears he is attending a funeral and wearing all black, the black sunglasses are a reasonable choice. The Red Havana would not go with such a funereal outfit.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Also it appears Craig is wearing the Red Havana's in the OMEGA Shop pictures from a few days ago.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    sumner89 wrote:
    hthomas wrote:
    sumner89 wrote:

I am also having this issue now while I'm searching. I am using the O5B code, but most retailers describe the frame as either black havana or dark havana. Are these the correct ones? And the other issue is the "T" on the arms does not appear to be gold on all of them, although that could be down to poor quality pictures I suppose...

I just want to make sure I am buying the correct ones!

I believe the 05B number is all you need to worry about but I could be totally wrong.

Haha! I really want to go with you on this, as I can't seem to find any online retailers in the UK referring to "shiny black", but they do sell 05B models. Anybody else in the UK purchased them yet? If so, where from?

I've bought the Sunspel polo is Spectral Grey to stop myself from hastily getting the potentially wrong sunglasses :))

PM sent.
  • Gordon009Gordon009 USAPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    Hey guys, I am typically just a lurker and rarely post but I had a question. My gf dropped my Tom Ford Marko sunglasses and scratched the lenses and I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to buy replacement lenses...I would greatly appreciate any help.
    "Why should I need more time? Jobs done. The bitch is dead."
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Just heard today from a distributor that the Bond Matchless Moroccan Blouson will be $1,695.00 As always until it is confirmed this is just information to take with a grain of salt, as this would represent a higher price point for them than the usual $1,000-$1,200 range for this type...though their Captain America IS exactly this price, but seems a heavier and more detailed piece than the Bond one will be...

Ah well, if it's less we can be pleasantly surprised....
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Just heard today from a distributor that the Bond Matchless Moroccan Blouson will be $1,695.00 As always until it is confirmed this is just information to take with a grain of salt, as this would represent a higher price point for them than the usual $1,000-$1,200 range for this type...though their Captain America IS exactly this price, but seems a heavier and more detailed piece than the Bond one will be...

Some price hike !

Tried on 6 different styles today of Matchless, got to say some were poor leather for £800-1000...

Hope this one is worthy of the price tag, ie quality leather etc
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Thats not good!!!

Any tips on sizing?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Thats not good!!!

Any tips on sizing?

All I tried on were L and fitted absolutely perfect given I was wearing a sunspel polo, most were biker style so intended to be snug fit, they were nicely fitted and had a great sleeve length for me. Could be a tad long for the more challenged in height !

For ref Im a 41/42 chest, 34 waist, 6 ft with a 33 inside leg and 88kgs...

Not sure of the models, but only the £1200 black leather biker jacket was of the quality leather you'd expect for the price. The rest were sub par in my opinion. Makes the JV look like a snip !!!

For you Paul, providing Bond blouson isnt extremely fitted the XL would give a great fitted fit...

M

Cheers mate, XL seems the way to go!!! Hopefully I wont have to order 2 sizes like the Skyfall Barbour / Menlo and JV!!
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Cheers mate, XL seems the way to go!!! Hopefully I wont have to order 2 sizes like the Skyfall Barbour / Menlo and JV!!

No probs. Having looked at their size charts, very accurate imo for once... :)

The Mantis wrote:

I guess we wait and see how much it is featured in the movie. Three times the price of the jacket in the climactic sequence seems like it might be reaching.
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    Personally I'm holding out until we can identify the 'Mr White' jacket. Do we have any progress with it?
  • martinimartini Posts: 289MI6 Agent
    Do we know the shoes from the Spectre poster—yes I am aware they are not visible :)
    "It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"
    Would presume the Sanders chukka since it looks like the London outfit
  • FlightyFlighty Southampton , EnglandPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    edited August 2015
    martini wrote:
    Do we know the shoes from the Spectre poster—yes I am aware they are not visible :)

Awesome!! So funny you just made me laugh out loud on a train!!

I heard through Tom Ford that this is the correct model.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pink+stilettos&prmd=is&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI56utodG5xwIVwRcsCh2_tQHn&biw=414&bih=660#imgrc=FVA15DSRLuA7xM%3A
    Last rat standing.
    Makes sense! Matches his lippy
    As promised, a photo of the Ghost dress. This is a wee bit colour corrected in order to show you what colour the dress looks like to the eye (it photographs very silver).

This is of the back which is actually the most beautiful aspect of the dress. Two photos: one of the upper half and something closer so you can see the texture the dress offers.

Screen_Shot_2015_08_21_at_09_28_48.png

Screen_Shot_2015_08_21_at_09_24_57.png
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    kadd wrote:

Good shout, it's a better pic, but not sure it takes us much further.

The sole doesn't appear to have a grip pattern or it may be very subtle. So not a military desert boot, as that would have a commando sole or similar. Might be a crepe sole, but the pic isn't detailed enough to tell definitively.

Have to say though, the more I see of these boots, the more I want a pair! :p
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Personally I'm holding out until we can identify the 'Mr White' jacket. Do we have any progress with it?

No ideas but I think we won't be surprised if it turns out to be a Neil Barrett design, my money is on him for sure
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    lippe wrote:
    As promised, a photo of the Ghost dress. This is a wee bit colour corrected in order to show you what colour the dress looks like to the eye (it photographs very silver).

This is of the back which is actually the most beautiful aspect of the dress. Two photos: one of the upper half and something closer so you can see the texture the dress offers.

Screen_Shot_2015_08_21_at_09_28_48.png

Screen_Shot_2015_08_21_at_09_24_57.png

thanks for sharing, but somhow it appears that your pics can't be seen ?:)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    Ah strange. That's for letting me know, I can see them. Anyway, here are reposted links:

v89hA5a.jpg

MhG4AII.jpg

And, if that fails, http://imgur.com/MhG4AII and http://imgur.com/v89hA5a
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    thanks, now working :)
    lookin' great -{
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • genericguygenericguy Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    I managed to get the Snowdons for a bargain price from Secret Sales, they're the brown roviex ones so not S/A but they are extremely nice and very well made and I don't mind the diffferent colour.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    I'm guessing thats the back of the dress not the front :))
    Even lea's lovely assest's wouldn't fill that out
    007 reporting for duty
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    For those of you looking for the ones TF has stated SA:

FT0237 (style)
    05B (color)
    Tom Ford
    Lens Size: 50 mm (SA size)
    Bridge Size: 16 mm