No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    which link are you UK guys using for the jacket please , sorry been a bit late on this
    Away for a few days what have I missed :))
    007 reporting for duty
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    I actually feel really happy in grabbing this RT supply jacket! Especially at the 15% discounted price point. I actually feel like for once I’ve got the real deal and won on the price point perspective.

I’ve had quite a few of the Craig jackets over his tenure, Levi Menlo, John Varvatos, Barbour Dept B and although FINE jackets (some now sold, MASSIVE REGRETS) they tend to be at the steep end of the budget. I appreciate these are signature jackets and are some of the best pieces in their respected films but on this supply jacket, it feels like this is one us fans can win on!!

When a jacket turns up on Bond you tend to take a deep breath and prepare for the cost but I feel for the money this is great!! I think for once we have a good jacket, screen accurate and for not stupid money.

I toyed and looked at budget alternatives but some VERY close alternatives where coming out at only about £100 less than the real thing and werent waxes either!! So why not jump in and get the actually thing?! PLUS the 15% discount instantly had me pinging one into the basket so pretty chuffed right now.

My only hope is that this jacket gets a reasonable amount of screen time. My gut makes me think 5 mins tops?! But I’m very much hoping I’m wrong. I’ve got a select few bits anyway and still considering the NPeal when we get some pics nearer the release but so far I’m content at what I have now.

I’ll admit on the run up to the trailer I was feeling downbeat as the only thing bought was the R&B Henley and the budget Matera jacket (a steal!!) but alternative cargos and now this at a discount, THINGS ARE LOOKING UP ! -{
    which link are you UK guys using for the jacket please , sorry been a bit late on this

https://stagprovisions.com/collections/outerwear-wax-cloth/products/rogue-territory-waxed-ridgeline-supply-jacket-core

Get the discount too!! -{
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    JG007 wrote:

https://stagprovisions.com/collections/outerwear-wax-cloth/products/rogue-territory-waxed-ridgeline-supply-jacket-core

As this is from the US I assume customs duty will need to be paid when it hits the UK?
    kadd wrote:
    JG007 wrote:

As this is from the US I assume customs duty will need to be paid when it hits the UK?

Not sure, probably however can’t be too much surely -{
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    kadd wrote:
    JG007 wrote:

More than likely - and I suspect it will wipe out the 15% discount as I believe it's a 20% hit for VAT (on the cost of the item + shipping) and then something like a £12 fee from Royal Mail. Still looks like a wearable jacket though :)
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
    DB6 wrote:
    kadd wrote:
    JG007 wrote:

More than likely - and I suspect it will wipe out the 15% discount as I believe it's a 20% hit for VAT (on the cost of the item + shipping) and then something like a £12 fee from Royal Mail. Still looks like a wearable jacket though :)

Thanks! So that will bring it close to £270, but still a little cheaper than from Rivet and Hide which is £280.

But with R&H will have to wait a couple of weeks for a restock, but at least they have shops in London and a Manchester.

I might wait.... will make it easier to return or exchange if I get it from the UK

https://www.rivetandhide.com/shop/brands/rogue-territory/rgt-waxed-canvas-supply-jacket-tan-ridgeline.html?___store=default
    edited December 2019
    Double post
    Cheers guys as always
    is the same one - https://www.rivetandhide.com/shop/brands/rogue-territory/rgt-waxed-canvas-supply-jacket-tan-ridgeline.html?___store=default

Looks a different colour to this - https://stagprovisions.com/collections/outerwear-wax-cloth/products/rogue-territory-waxed-ridgeline-supply-jacket-core

If it is are wait until restocking as it will come from London and much easier to change
    007 reporting for duty
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    JG007 wrote:
    I actually feel really happy in grabbing this RT supply jacket! Especially at the 15% discounted price point. I actually feel like for once I’ve got the real deal and won on the price point perspective.

I’ve had quite a few of the Craig jackets over his tenure, Levi Menlo, John Varvatos, Barbour Dept B and although FINE jackets (some now sold, MASSIVE REGRETS) they tend to be at the steep end of the budget. I appreciate these are signature jackets and are some of the best pieces in their respected films but on this supply jacket, it feels like this is one us fans can win on!!

When a jacket turns up on Bond you tend to take a deep breath and prepare for the cost but I feel for the money this is great!! I think for once we have a good jacket, screen accurate and for not stupid money.

I toyed and looked at budget alternatives but some VERY close alternatives where coming out at only about £100 less than the real thing and werent waxes either!! So why not jump in and get the actually thing?! PLUS the 15% discount instantly had me pinging one into the basket so pretty chuffed right now.

My only hope is that this jacket gets a reasonable amount of screen time. My gut makes me think 5 mins tops?! But I’m very much hoping I’m wrong. I’ve got a select few bits anyway and still considering the NPeal when we get some pics nearer the release but so far I’m content at what I have now.

I’ll admit on the run up to the trailer I was feeling downbeat as the only thing bought was the R&B Henley and the budget Matera jacket (a steal!!) but alternative cargos and now this at a discount, THINGS ARE LOOKING UP ! -{

Great catch. Will you please link the alternatives you found for those of us not thrilled with the waxed finish? Thanks!
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    Thanks for all the info guys, just ordered from Stag, With all the imports for Christmas I think it’s worth the chance that you wouldn’t get hit by customs, worth the risk in my opinion.
    Love Rivet & Hide tho, been a customer for years, London store is great if not a little small.
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    Amazing work AJB-ers! I’m in the UK but have just ordered from Stag. Couple of reasons...

1. With 15% off I’ve paid £216 including UpS International shipping. I figure even with import duties, it will still be cheaper than £280
    2. I got a feeling the price will go up on restock in the UK stores now the Bond connection is known.
    3. I figure if it doesn’t fit, somebody on here will snap it up from me!!! :))
    Yes. Considerably.
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    apple8 wrote:
    Thanks for all the info guys, just ordered from Stag, With all the imports for Christmas I think it’s worth the chance that you wouldn’t get hit by customs, worth the risk in my opinion.
    Love Rivet & Hide tho, been a customer for years, London store is great if not a little small.

Feels good to pull the trigger doesn’t it?!

It’s nice for a change this time round that a lot more of us are able to grab a piece from the film - not like the Dior jacket for example 8-)
    Murder | Employment.
    That is a valid point buddy, didn’t think of that cheers
    By the way it says to size up but I’m not so sure , being a 40 chest I reckon a M
    Which did you go for ?
    What was the concencus on sizing
    007 reporting for duty
    apple8 wrote:

Good point and agreed -{
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    Hey gents! Hearing reports that these run small and it’s advised to size up. Check the measurements before ordering!
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    Sorry, double post
    Cajun wrote:
    JG007 wrote:

Great catch. Will you please link the alternatives you found for those of us not thrilled with the waxed finish? Thanks!

I ran a Google images search for tan worker jacket, tan trucker jacket, tan supply jacket, tan canvas jacket and looked around from there. ASOS have a few options if you search tan jacket in their website and filter to men’s clothing.

ASOS is also good for some cargo pant options, this is where I got mine (budget alternative) for at £25 -{
    drum007 wrote:
    Hey gents! Hearing reports that these run small and it’s advised to size up. Check the measurements before ordering!

I sized up but to be fair I was just between sizes so decided to size up anyway before seeing this advise.
    Good advice, it will be cool to see people’s review on this when we all receive.

-{
  • MrDaltonMrDalton Posts: 62MI6 Agent
    JG007 wrote:
    drum007 wrote:

I sized up but to be fair I was just between sizes so decided to size up anyway before seeing this advise.
    Good advice, it will be cool to see people’s review on this when we all receive.

-{
    Now I’m nervous I ordered a medium, and then after I placed my order I saw the site said to size up. I usually take a medium. Hope it fits.
    JG007 wrote:
    I ran a Google images search for tan worker jacket, tan trucker jacket, tan supply jacket, tan canvas jacket and looked around from there. ASOS have a few options if you search tan jacket in their website and filter to men’s clothing.

ASOS is also good for some cargo pant options, this is where I got mine (budget alternative) for at £25 -{

Thank you for the info!
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • goneontheroadgoneontheroad Posts: 168MI6 Agent
    How are you guys getting the 15% discount? I’m a new buyer and it’s not working for me.
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    The top of the sleeve where it meets the yoke appears to have a gathering to it - which suggests a thin material. Not possible from photos of Rogue Territory jacket to tell whether it might show this feature when actually worn.

This is a standard Brunello Cucinelli finish for top of the sleeve. I asked BC whether it’s theirs but they did not respond so far.

032-ECF2-E-34-FE-4244-8-CE9-2985-F1-E639-F8.png
    For those interested in OB it looks like this is the tee worn underneath https://www.orlebarbrown.com/us/men/t-shirts/ob-t/white/259516.html?dwvar_259516_color=98#sz=24&start=57&loadmoreproducts=true&cgid=men-tshirts
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    How are you guys getting the 15% discount? I’m a new buyer and it’s not working for me.

When you go the site a pop-up will ask you to enter your email address for their mailing list and then they'll send you a code for 15% off your online purchase. Be advised that the code is only good for 30 days!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    For those in Australia Urban LUPE have some. Rogue Territory confirmed direct that they are an authorized retailer . Good price and no postage.
    Anthony
    I know its been around a long time and used by many, just now I obviously take note of it.

-{
    I edit, therefore I am.
    Measurements are on their official website and add 0.5 stretch

[url] https://www.rogueterritory.com/products/supply-jacket-ridgeline?variant=5415651344416[/url]
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Got business meeting in foreign lands today so thought I would wear this - NRTD vide, well it is Friday!

Cheers :007)

76-F34420-2277-4215-B436-85-EFAE08-C514.jpg
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    That is a valid point buddy, didn’t think of that cheers
    By the way it says to size up but I’m not so sure , being a 40 chest I reckon a M
    Which did you go for ?
    What was the concencus on sizing

I wear a lot Mediums but slim fits I sometimes have to size up, I went for a medium in the end as I fill the Large would go to baggy for me.
    RGT are on a roll with this jacket. It’s also in the new Predator movie. Clearly a good piece, hopefully the price won’t increase on the restock due to all this movie exposure. You can see a screenshot from the movie on their Instagram account!

Good for them though! Nice to see other brands having a chance at the big time and a break like this especially a mainstream movie like Predator and of course blockbuster Bond appearance -{