No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    Great find and looks very wearable to me.

Can’t find any mediums in stock - Glad they are doing a restock.
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    DB6 wrote:
    Can’t find any Medium size in stock.....

The jacket is one of RT’s signature pieces so if a size is sold out it should be back sooner or later. So don’t panic, it’s not like a lot of other Bond pieces where sold out means sold out for good.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Tan canvas jacket, white henleys, casual blue button down shirt, and a duster coat? Are we sure this is James Bond we're talking about and not Arthur Morgan?
    Arthur-Morgan-Brown-Gaming-Jacket.jpg
  • Victor BVictor B Posts: 489MI6 Agent
    Traveler wrote:
    Sorry if this has been covered already but does this mean we got it wrong with the Billy Reid reversible shirt jacket? Looks similar to this in many ways ... may be it lost out in the head to head, or for some reason is only worn by the stunt double? Just ordered one of these anyway, looks like a nice addition.

that´s exactly what I was thinking about!
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    The top of the sleeve where it meets the yoke appears to have a gathering to it - which suggests a thin material. Not possible from photos of Rogue Territory jacket to tell whether it might show this feature when actually worn.

This is a standard Brunello Cucinelli finish for top of the sleeve. I asked BC whether it’s theirs but they did not respond so far.

032-ECF2-E-34-FE-4244-8-CE9-2985-F1-E639-F8.png

you mean the gathering at the shoulder? even a 10oz canvas material can throw wrinkels
    hopefully not Cucinelli I'm not interested spending 6000 € into a jacket :-D

thank you samcraig and timiblade for sharing this and holy s*** what an eye! true detectives

RT2.jpg

Good photo! Makes the point!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I had announced that the BR one was not the jacket based on information we had received some time ago, sorry if it got lost in the shuffle....also announced on youtube. We had thought the BR one was the one from Norway, but that is not correct either.
    Victor B wrote:
    Traveler wrote:
    Sorry if this has been covered already but does this mean we got it wrong with the Billy Reid reversible shirt jacket? Looks similar to this in many ways ... may be it lost out in the head to head, or for some reason is only worn by the stunt double? Just ordered one of these anyway, looks like a nice addition.

• MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    I'm just curious as to why on earth someone on the board messaged Timiblade and threatened him not to say anything about the jacket ?!? Makes absolutely no sense that a member wouldn't be "allowed" to share the info...
  • TravelerTraveler NYCPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    I had announced that the BR one was not the jacket based on information we had received some time ago, sorry if it got lost in the shuffle....also announced on youtube. We had thought the BR one was the one from Norway, but that is not correct either.
    Victor B wrote:
    Traveler wrote:

Thanks David - sorry I missed that ... I liked the BR one but I think I’ll like this one even better, looking forward to getting it, and to your updates.... lots of new material!
  • CharlesRobinsonCharlesRobinson Posts: 53MI6 Agent
    crt007 wrote:
    I posted a comparison of the RGT jacket to the photo from the trailer on my instagram @bondspired. It sure looks like it could be the supply jacket. Im not definitive on it thought. I purchased my RGT supply jacket about 3 years ago and have beat it up quite a bit. Worth every penny in my book as it stands up to hard wear. I have the blanket lined version which uses wool from Faribault woolen mill.

Full-Size-Render-3.jpg

IMG-0801.jpg

IMG-0802.jpg

IMG-0804.jpg

Love that it looks better 'worn in', and that once you have one it's worn in in your image and gains character as you do. Nice jacket, love the look of the Flint and Tinder ones too:

https://huckberry.com/store/flint-and-tinder/category/p/55166-flannel-lined-waxed-trucker-jacket
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Instagram post from RgT:

RGT-NTTD.png

And I agree with the above, not understanding the threatening of Timblade...that would be concerning.
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Wow, threatening any member like that is totally unacceptable. Timiblade has my full and unconditional support.
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    Looks like Bond is wearing another shirt, in addition to the white t shirt, under this jacket. Maybe a darker Henley? Or does the jacket contain a double flap? Hard to tell.

I also agree. Any threats to members here should not be tolerated.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,093MI6 Agent
    Timiblade also has my full support. Timiblade should forward any threatening PMs to the moderators.
  • timibladetimiblade Posts: 157MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    Guys, thank you so much for all your PMs.
    Yesterday I received a message about the first Trailer of No Time To Die. I was home so I watched it on my big TV in HD. I instantly noticed this jacket. Like I used to do on filmjackets I started searching for it. The shot was good enough to show me the chest pockets and the style. I saw this jacket last year on a TV Show Sneaky Pete so it took me 10 seconds to identify it.
    My intention was to post as soon as possible unfortunately I received a warning few years ago about what I can do and what I can't on ajb007. Even I'm not agree with it I don't want to be banned because I like the amount of info and the vibe ( sound old expression).
    So I contacted Rogue Territory about it. They didn't answer.
    Right after samcraig182 post his intuition. From there the secret was out. With all the members who asked me to send the brand with PM, I thought it will be necessary to post it.
    So you can tell I'm coward because I didn't post it until samcraig posted it first. But all these rules are exhausting for me and all I want is to do something I'm good at : Identifies jackets with little clues and share the info. Because the goal of a community is to share !
    I hope my English is good.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:
    I'm just curious as to why on earth someone on the board messaged Timiblade and threatened him not to say anything about the jacket ?!? Makes absolutely no sense that a member wouldn't be "allowed" to share the info...

It would be one thing if he was giving out confidential information but threatening someone over a piece of clothing is just crazy :s A member should be able to share information freely without fear of retaliation from a company (or another forum member) especially when they're going to generate additional sales for the company!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    Timiblade also has my full support. Timiblade should forward any threatening PMs to the moderators.

Support that!

@timi";eagle eye"blade did you receive those warnings when you identified the Varvatos-Jacket?
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,332MI6 Agent
    Vey thankful for timiblade's detective skills! I ordered from Stag Provisions, which offers a 15% discount for first-time buyers (and you can see the jacket in other colors as well): https://stagprovisions.com/collections/outerwear-wax-cloth
  • timibladetimiblade Posts: 157MI6 Agent
    Bond wears the unlined version and not the lining one. Because she doesn't have the left phantom pocket. Mystery solve !
    And thanks to samcraig182 too.
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    Grateful for the exceptional detectives on here and the fact we have each other’s backs. They’re two of the main things that keep me in this community. Looking forward to how this jacket looks in the flesh, just wish it was the weather in the UK to unleash it. Collar UP of course!

Thanks to timiblade and samcraig182 -{ -{
    Murder | Employment.
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Yes thanks to all the good work from everyone. It’s much appreciated
  • crt007crt007 Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    Berkeley Supply has some stock as well. https://berkeleysupply.com/collections/outerwear/products/ridgeline-supply-jacket-tan-waxed-canvas.

Just spoke to Eli the owner. He is an incredibly nice guy.
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    I agree, absolutely ridiculous, its a bloody blog, not some secret society. Not sure what goes through someone mind with this behaviour.
    MFisher wrote:
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    Eh, there was really nothing for Timi to sweat anyway.

Once something has been sanctioned for public release, there's no legal expectation to privacy, confidentiality, or what have you. Even more so if the product in question was already on the open market.

Great job by all involved as usual. Because that's what AJB007 does! -{
    I edit, therefore I am.
    Was just in Philly for work and noticed some police officers wearing a similar style sweater to Bonds. It's definitely a favored style garment with the military/police even outside of Britain.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    crt007 wrote:
    Berkeley Supply has some stock as well. https://berkeleysupply.com/collections/outerwear/products/ridgeline-supply-jacket-tan-waxed-canvas.

Just spoke to Eli the owner. He is an incredibly nice guy.

The link is not working!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,730MI6 Agent
    I can’t decide if I like that jacket or not: it’s not calling out to me just yet. Maybe I’ll wait to see how it looks on Bond.
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    Was just in Philly for work and noticed some police officers wearing a similar style sweater to Bonds. It's definitely a favored style garment with the military/police even outside of Britain.
    Okay, I'm probably showing my age here, but in response to posts like this, I have to chuckle. It's like watching your kids see snow for the first time. :))

Craig's sweater is an active design dating back to at least WWII. It's commercially been called the Woolly Pully British Commando Sweater as long as I can remember. It reminds me of visiting army surplus stores as a kid. Brigade Quartermasters catalog marketed them almost exclusively in the US in the 80s.

Numerous iterations (crew neck, v-neck, with/without epaulettes, nametag patches, etc.) are currently in service around the world with various militaries and law enforcement, to include the US Marine Corps for the last 30+ years. You'll see 'em in previous Bond movies as well.

Kempton DBA Outdoor Knitwear is the current MOD contractor for these. I'm glad a new generation has discovered it. Long live the Wooly Pully!
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    Vey thankful for timiblade's detective skills! I ordered from Stag Provisions, which offers a 15% discount for first-time buyers (and you can see the jacket in other colors as well): https://stagprovisions.com/collections/outerwear-wax-cloth

MEGA! Jumped straight on this, I planned to hold out for the restock but at a minimum £60 saving and stock available I got all over this. THANK YOU HMHH!

Rag & Bone Henley bought, mango £15 budget slub jacket, some cheap alternative black cargo pants bought and this. I think I’m done. On the fence with the NPeal ribbed military jumper. I’ll consider when we get pics on their website.

I’m happy all round with my pieces!! The only additional MAYBE the NPeal but I think it won’t make it for me, I can’t see it being a regular wear. The R&B will be worn regularly, great piece, alternative cargo’s I can see the same, as well as this tan jacket now and the budget mango slub jacket will be a regular holiday piece.

1 happy camper and delighted to have jumped on this saving! -{
    Cajun wrote:
    Okay, I'm probably showing my age here, but in response to posts like this, I have to chuckle. It's like watching your kids see snow for the first time. :))

Craig's sweater is an active design dating back to at least WWII. It's commercially been called the Woolly Pully British Commando Sweater as long as I can remember. It reminds me of visiting army surplus stores as a kid.

Numerous iterations (crew neck, v-neck, with and without epaulettes, nametag patches, the list goes on) are currently in service around the world with various militaries and law enforcement, to include the US Marine Corps.

Kempton DBA Outdoor Knitwear is the current MOD contractor for these. I'm glad a new generation has discovered it. Long live the Wooly Pully!
    I know its been around a long time and used by many, just now I obviously take note of it.