Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

1206207209211212233

Comments

  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,093MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Just received this great replica from my friend in Greece!

    image.jpg

    That looks amazing!! Your friend in Greece could sell a few of those to members here!!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 2,477MI6 Agent
    UNCLE27 wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:
    Just received this great replica from my friend in Greece!

    image.jpg

    That looks amazing!! Your friend in Greece could sell a few of those to members here!!

    Agreed. That looks great. -{

    David, if your friend wants to sell to ajb members I am sure others in addition to me are interested.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,472Quartermasters
    This is his email: cris21paras@gmail.com

    Just tell him you know me.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 2,477MI6 Agent
    Thank you, David. I will contact him.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,091MI6 Agent
    Would someone be so kind as to point me in the direction of some good photographs of the Brunello Cucinelli sports coat in "Spectre"? Online I have found only the same stills from the film, and they don't do the greatest job showing what the jacket looks like in real life. I know that several AJBers tracked down this rare item. Thanks in advance.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 982MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    Would someone be so kind as to point me in the direction of some good photographs of the Brunello Cucinelli sports coat in "Spectre"? Online I have found only the same stills from the film, and they don't do the greatest job showing what the jacket looks like in real life. I know that several AJBers tracked down this rare item. Thanks in advance.


    Coincidentally enough, I just took some pics of my BC Moroccan outfit over the weekend as I finally obtained a close-enough belt to complete my version of this outfit. To my knowledge, there are no additional hi-quality pics of the outfit other than the images you mentioned. The sad thing is that in all the pics, DC has his hands in his pockets so you can't see the jacket's front pockets. The best views of the jacket are in the film, particularly when Bond and Madeline arrive at Blofeld's compound in the crater, and Bond is handing over his PPK. If someone can take some HD screen caps, these will be the best images of the jacket.

    But if it helps, here is my linen-blend BC jacket (w/ straight pockets and the third ticket pocket - whereas the film jacket had two slant front pockets), along with a TF brown knit tie, BC chinos, BC belt, and J Crew Kenton boots in Sahara.


    BC%20Morocco%20Outfit%201r.jpg

    BC%20Morocco%20Outfit%204r.jpg

    BC%20Morocco%20Outfit%203r.jpg

    BC%20Morocco%20Outfit%202r.jpg

    BC%20Morocco%20Outfit%205r.jpg


    Kind regards,
    Craig
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 1,550MI6 Agent
    The contrast between the jacket and pants is much more dramatic than I thought. And the chinos seem much closer to beige. Are the pictures pretty close to the real colors? Thanks for posting those! -{
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,091MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    Would someone be so kind as to point me in the direction of some good photographs of the Brunello Cucinelli sports coat in "Spectre"? Online I have found only the same stills from the film, and they don't do the greatest job showing what the jacket looks like in real life. I know that several AJBers tracked down this rare item. Thanks in advance.


    Coincidentally enough, I just took some pics of my BC Moroccan outfit over the weekend as I finally obtained a close-enough belt to complete my version of this outfit. To my knowledge, there are no additional hi-quality pics of the outfit other than the images you mentioned. The sad thing is that in all the pics, DC has his hands in his pockets so you can't see the jacket's front pockets. The best views of the jacket are in the film, particularly when Bond and Madeline arrive at Blofeld's compound in the crater, and Bond is handing over his PPK. If someone can take some HD screen caps, these will be the best images of the jacket.

    But if it helps, here is my linen-blend BC jacket (w/ straight pockets and the third ticket pocket - whereas the film jacket had two slant front pockets), along with a TF brown knit tie, BC chinos, BC belt, and J Crew Kenton boots in Sahara.


    BC%20Morocco%20Outfit%201r.jpg

    BC%20Morocco%20Outfit%204r.jpg

    BC%20Morocco%20Outfit%203r.jpg

    BC%20Morocco%20Outfit%202r.jpg

    BC%20Morocco%20Outfit%205r.jpg


    Kind regards,
    Craig

    Thanks so much, Craig. These photos are fantastically helpful.
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,081MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the pictures - very nice!

    Much bigger colour contrast than it looks on screen - are they both the SA items?
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 982MI6 Agent
    edited March 2016
    The pics were taken with a flash, hence the heavy shadows on the wall behind, so please keep that in mind when looking at colors. The pants in particular took a heavy dose of the flash. My external flash is out of commission at the moment, so I had to use the built-in flash on my DSLR. I'm not in the position to get these items outside in natural light to photograph them, which would be my ideal way of taking them, since that's the way we see them in the film. But I tried to minimize the glare as much as I could.

    The color codes of the BC items are the same that were given to us by the BC reps. But take that with a grain of salt as they weren't confirmed by the filmmakers and costumers themselves. The style/color code on my jacket is MH4157BTC C1011, and the chinos are M218DF1050 C1581.


    Here's a side-by-side comparison of the Spectre jacket and chinos, taken from one of the Moroccan stills -

    BC%20Jacket%20Chino%20Color%20Compare%201r.jpg


    There's definitely a noticeable contrast between the jacket and trousers. I think if they were any closer in color, it would look like a mismatched suit. The difference is subtle, but noticeable. Enough to look like they are separates.


    Kind regards,
    Craig
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,126MI6 Agent
    Just arrived today. I haven't mentioned this latest acquisition till now as I wanted to have it in hand to scrutinise it. But here it is. The Morocco Blazer:

    IMG_2244_zpst90rcavt.jpg

    IMG_2248_zpspgdgr2jv.jpg

    IMG_2245_zpsslbx3tic.jpg

    IMG_2249_zpskwuguag0.jpg

    IMG_2254_zpsmcr7w1it.jpg

    IMG_2253_zpsthqkdn8p.jpg

    IMG_2258_zpsrojahinw.jpg

    IMG_2257_zpsoqg6dvdg.jpg

    IMG_2256_zps5uwgmrw1.jpg

    IMG_2251_zpsddma0vkr.jpg

    IMG_2256_zps5uwgmrw1.jpg

    IMG_2259_zpsxvoiiagm.jpg

    As you can see, Craig was right to take the BC codes with a pinch of salt:

    IMG_2247_zpsdyxzwzdl.jpg

    Here's a comparison with the SA chinos:

    IMG_2263%201_zpsjkue8tli.jpg

    I hope that these photos are of interest and of some use.

    Cheers,

    Blair
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,416MI6 Agent
    Excellent, looks great! now lets see it on with the rest of the outfit!
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,126MI6 Agent
    I still need to stump up for a TF shirt, but other than that I'm good to go!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,851MI6 Agent
    I still need to stump up for a TF shirt, but other than that I'm good to go!

    With cocktail cuffs of course!! Great purchase {[]
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,554MI6 Agent
    Fantastic pictures - thanks for sharing. -{ I really like this jacket in the film. That outfit has grown on me.

    Also, my apologies for nit-picking, but this is not technically a "blazer."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,696MI6 Agent
    Looks great -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,851MI6 Agent
    I can envisage him wearing it sipping Vespers in Dukes! :)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,696MI6 Agent
    He wears " Daisy Dukes " with it ? That's one hell of a fashion statement. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,126MI6 Agent
    No more Vespers for the foreseeable future. My liver, and wallet, need a break! And I am aware that BC have given my jacket a half lining. A bit like Moneypenny, they were being a little "over efficient"!
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Fantastic! I hope Magnoli is keeping an eye on this, for the rest of us.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,081MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    The pics were taken with a flash, hence the heavy shadows on the wall behind, so please keep that in mind when looking at colors. The pants in particular took a heavy dose of the flash. My external flash is out of commission at the moment, so I had to use the built-in flash on my DSLR. I'm not in the position to get these items outside in natural light to photograph them, which would be my ideal way of taking them, since that's the way we see them in the film. But I tried to minimize the glare as much as I could.

    The color codes of the BC items are the same that were given to us by the BC reps. But take that with a grain of salt as they weren't confirmed by the filmmakers and costumers themselves. The style/color code on my jacket is MH4157BR5 C1011, and the chinos are M218DF1050 C1581.


    Here's a side-by-side comparison of the Spectre jacket and chinos, taken from one of the Moroccan stills -

    BC%20Jacket%20Chino%20Color%20Compare%201r.jpg


    There's definitely a noticeable contrast between the jacket and trousers. I think if they were any closer in color, it would look like a mismatched suit. The difference is subtle, but noticeable. Enough to look like they are separates.


    Kind regards,
    Craig

    Thanks Craig - amazing how much variation there is in different pictures (and in the film) - lighting obviously makes a huge difference as at times they look very closely matched in colour (just like a mis matched suit) but it's clear there is indeed quite a contrast.

    Thanks for the pics, really helpful.
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,522MI6 Agent
    Dufus wrote:
    DBS wrote:
    The pics were taken with a flash, hence the heavy shadows on the wall behind, so please keep that in mind when looking at colors. The pants in particular took a heavy dose of the flash. My external flash is out of commission at the moment, so I had to use the built-in flash on my DSLR. I'm not in the position to get these items outside in natural light to photograph them, which would be my ideal way of taking them, since that's the way we see them in the film. But I tried to minimize the glare as much as I could.

    The color codes of the BC items are the same that were given to us by the BC reps. But take that with a grain of salt as they weren't confirmed by the filmmakers and costumers themselves. The style/color code on my jacket is MH4157BR5 C1011, and the chinos are M218DF1050 C1581.


    Here's a side-by-side comparison of the Spectre jacket and chinos, taken from one of the Moroccan stills -

    BC%20Jacket%20Chino%20Color%20Compare%201r.jpg


    There's definitely a noticeable contrast between the jacket and trousers. I think if they were any closer in color, it would look like a mismatched suit. The difference is subtle, but noticeable. Enough to look like they are separates.


    Kind regards,
    Craig

    Thanks Craig - amazing how much variation there is in different pictures (and in the film) - lighting obviously makes a huge difference as at times they look very closely matched in colour (just like a mis matched suit) but it's clear there is indeed quite a contrast.

    Thanks for the pics, really helpful.

    But when you compare the parts that are both in shadow rather than comparing the jacket in shadow with the trousers in the light, there's hardly any difference.

    BCJacket.jpg

    The trousers should be a shade lighter or have something else that differentiates the jacket from the trousers. I tried wearing a jacket today that isn't different enough from my trousers. I'm wearing a charcoal and light grey checked flannel jacket with charcoal flannel trousers. It would have worked better with charcoal cavalry twill trousers instead so at least the textures would be completely different. In Bond's case, the jacket needs a little more texture. It has more texture than his chinos, but something with more slubs or with a small pattern would have improved it.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • db5.007db5.007 SwitzerlandPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    Not sure if that has been already pointed out here but, except for the tie, this oufit somehow recalls GF.
    "Surround yourself with human beings, they are easier to fight for than principles.”
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,522MI6 Agent
    db5.007 wrote:
    Not sure if that has been already pointed out here but, except for the tie, this oufit somehow recalls GF.

    It has been pointed out that the outfit recalls the much heavier tweed jacket and cavalry twill trousers in Goldfinger, knitted tie not excluded. The tie is perhaps the closest thing to the outfit in Goldfinger! The Goldfinger outfit works much better than this because even though the jacket and trousers are similar in tone, the jacket is a patterned rough tweed and the trousers are a smooth cavalry twill. Unlike the Spectre outfit, the Goldfinger outfit shows how to successfully combine a jacket and trousers that are similar in tone.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,081MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    db5.007 wrote:
    Not sure if that has been already pointed out here but, except for the tie, this oufit somehow recalls GF.

    It has been pointed out that the outfit recalls the much heavier tweed jacket and cavalry twill trousers in Goldfinger, knitted tie not excluded. The tie is perhaps the closest thing to the outfit in Goldfinger! The Goldfinger outfit works much better than this because even though the jacket and trousers are similar in tone, the jacket is a patterned rough tweed and the trousers are a smooth cavalry twill. Unlike the Spectre outfit, the Goldfinger outfit shows how to successfully combine a jacket and trousers that are similar in tone.

    I do take your point - but I actually like this look. The linen of the jacket gives a different texture to the cotton trousers - albeit not as marked as the difference between tweed and cavalry twill - and I like the almost 'casual suit' look it gives (if there's such a thing as a 'casual suit'!)
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,522MI6 Agent
    Dufus wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    db5.007 wrote:
    Not sure if that has been already pointed out here but, except for the tie, this oufit somehow recalls GF.

    It has been pointed out that the outfit recalls the much heavier tweed jacket and cavalry twill trousers in Goldfinger, knitted tie not excluded. The tie is perhaps the closest thing to the outfit in Goldfinger! The Goldfinger outfit works much better than this because even though the jacket and trousers are similar in tone, the jacket is a patterned rough tweed and the trousers are a smooth cavalry twill. Unlike the Spectre outfit, the Goldfinger outfit shows how to successfully combine a jacket and trousers that are similar in tone.

    I do take your point - but I actually like this look. The linen of the jacket gives a different texture to the cotton trousers - albeit not as marked as the difference between tweed and cavalry twill - and I like the almost 'casual suit' look it gives (if there's such a thing as a 'casual suit'!)

    There certainly is such a thing as a casual suit. Look at the beige linen suit that Pierce Brosnan wears in TWINE.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • JBT0077JBT0077 GermanyPosts: 231MI6 Agent
    Just arrived today. I haven't mentioned this latest acquisition till now as I wanted to have it in hand to scrutinise it. But here it is. The Morocco Blazer:

    IMG_2244_zpst90rcavt.jpg

    IMG_2248_zpspgdgr2jv.jpg

    IMG_2245_zpsslbx3tic.jpg

    IMG_2249_zpskwuguag0.jpg

    IMG_2254_zpsmcr7w1it.jpg

    IMG_2253_zpsthqkdn8p.jpg

    IMG_2258_zpsrojahinw.jpg

    IMG_2257_zpsoqg6dvdg.jpg

    IMG_2256_zps5uwgmrw1.jpg

    IMG_2251_zpsddma0vkr.jpg

    IMG_2256_zps5uwgmrw1.jpg

    IMG_2259_zpsxvoiiagm.jpg

    As you can see, Craig was right to take the BC codes with a pinch of salt:

    IMG_2247_zpsdyxzwzdl.jpg

    Here's a comparison with the SA chinos:

    IMG_2263%201_zpsjkue8tli.jpg

    I hope that these photos are of interest and of some use.

    Cheers,

    Blair

    Great pics. May i ask where you find it? I search all around but doesn't find it. Even not from brunello itself.
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    What a tremendous acquisition ! You must get that cocktail cuff shirt to complete the outfit.
    More pics please when you get it! This is the best outfit from Spectre in my opinion (closely followed by the London outfit).

    G
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 275MI6 Agent
    Thanks to all the contributors of pictures. My favourite outfit from the movie as well. Now I just need to find the jacket and purchase the Henry's to be ready for summer -{
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,081MI6 Agent
    For anyone interested you can order a white shirt with cocktail cuffs from Anthony Sinclair but specify a different collar to their normal 'spread' (to match the Tom Ford style which is more of a point than a spread - apologies if I'm not using the correct terms!)

    Their shirts are very nice!
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
Sign In or Register to comment.