Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I don't watch it, when Greg says " Cooking doesn't come any tougher than this !"
    I tend to switch off, as it sounds very rough. ;) :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    edited April 2015
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3052014/James-quits-Gear-saying-lame-without-Jeremy-Clarkson.html
    The three lads and producer are having meetings ;) could a new " Top Gear" be about to
    Appear on a new station? ;)

I think this is how it ends: The three "origional" members of Top Gear together with the producer mentioned start a new car show on a different channel or on Netflicks. The BBC is bound to to continue the series and hire three new presenters. To me the real question is: what car program will do best in the future? In my opinion the worst thing the BBC can do is to try to copy Clarkson, Hammon and May in style and content. Top Gear has to be based on the love of cars and it has to be funny, but other than that they must create something fresh. They can hire at least one woman (Jodie Kidd, Sabine Schmitz), they can hire younger presenters (not difficult. Guy Martin sounds like a good candidate) :D or perhaps hire someone smart, funny and without much driving skill (Stephen Fry)
    I would give a a new Top Gear show hosted by any combination of the people I have mentioned a chance. Perhaps Guy Martin, Jodie Kidd and Stephen Fry hosting, with Sabine Schmitz as the secret Stig?
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    How about Moore Co-hosting Top Gear? :D :007)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    A good idea, but his stuntman would have to do all the driving :))
    Julian Clary, Jodie Marsh and Nigel Farage, would make a great team ;)
    Or a Bond theme
    Grumpy old guy with outrageous opinions, Sir Sean
    Nerdy Type, ............................................... , Tim Dalton
    Young, excited guy ,...................................., George Lazenby
    Stig, ............................................................, Stuntdriver
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    edited April 2015
    Using Bond actors to present Top Gear would be great! Roger Moore's style from the movies of quips and silly physical humor and stunts fits Top Gear like a glove. I think Lazenby crossed America on a motorbike at one time and Connery and Dalton would have to compete to be the grumpy presenter. :007)
    Perhaps Dalton could be the Stig?
    The new Presenters should be Dalton, ASP9MM and Higgins :D
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    ASP9mm would test the cars by shooting them and Higgins' fashion sense would fit the high stadards of Top Gear. :D
    A young dude in a heavy gold chain, burberry cap ( on backwards) a younger
    Man, who's into car sports and an old retired pensioner, in driving gloves and
    tweed suit.
    Then you'd have the three generations of driver. :))
    :))

Who can be The Stig?
    Being the stig is a highly dangerous job, a very high chance of injuries
    Even death ........... So I'd like to see Gary Barlow doing it. ;)
    Although, at least the BBC have said they will show the last three episodes
    Of Top Gear recorded before the " Incident " ;) and it was funny watching
    W1A. ( a comedy about the BBC on BBC 2) this week had a running joke about
    Complaints about a certain car presenter ?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3056013/British-anti-terror-police-using-assault-rifles-not-shoot-straight-hot-weather.html
    I found this story very funny. :))
    " UK Police rifle will not shoot straight in hot weather !"
    I bet IS, don't have these problems.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    For all you non-Londoners out there in the wide wide world , The London Marathon is on today , Agreat spectacle to be seen , if your lucky enough to be a tourist here on holiday today , what a bonus , well done to every body who are running to raise money for those of us who are less fortunate .I myself will be raising vast quantities of tax , by guzzling huge ammounts of beer , :D

I happened to be in London on Marathon Day some years ago and spent a while not far from the finish line. It's incredibly emotional and moving. The strong runners are impressive, but it's the people who virtually drag themselves across the line that make the biggest impact. Such commitment and dedication. Then you've got those who do it in costume and the occasional celebrity. The year I was there, Jimmy Saville ran it...sort of. He was surrounded by about six huge athletes who were basically carrying him between them. He looked dead and his feet just seemed to be dragging on the ground. At the time I was impressed by the charity work he did, but seeing that I began to think it was a bit of a fraud and the officials turned a blind eye and allowed him to be classed as having finished the run even when they likely wouldn't allow anyone else such status. Of course, now we know that in many ways that marathon performance was typical of his entire life.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3056013/British-anti-terror-police-using-assault-rifles-not-shoot-straight-hot-weather.html
    I found this story very funny. :))
    " UK Police rifle will not shoot straight in hot weather !"
    I bet IS, don't have these problems.

The Norwegian military nearly bought that rifle! :o At the last moment the HK 416 became avalable from the same manufacturer Let's hope are better ...
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I don't know if any of our UK agents watched master chef in the week , Tony (the guy with the glasses and bald head )was wearing a very very close copy of the Skyfall enjoying death shirt ,any one else saw it

Did he say if he'd been Enjoying Death by Chocolate pudding? :007)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Went to Hwood Collector show and met :

Adam West
    Burt Ward
    Julie Newmar
    Yaphet Kotto (he didn't seem that talkative but wasn't grumpy or anything)
    Morgan Woodward aka Dallas' Punk (bit hard of hearing , his age)
    Pat Muldoon (he was happy to sign my Melrose book , pretty much everything else he sgd was Starship Troopers :))
    Monte Marham (another Melrose star)
    Tracey Walter aka Bob , Batman '89 ("Jack shot me" :p

They were all nice B-)
    Excellent -{
    Julie Newmar, was Catwoman and Yaphet Kotto was Mr Big in LALD. -{ ;)
    Politics :
    Never thought I find myself agreeing with Dave " I'm just an ordinary, millionaire, nothing
    Special about me " Cameron, but I do agree Russell Brand is a Joke !!!! And a few other
    Words as well. :))
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/11568482/David-Cameron-Russell-Brand-is-a-joke.html
    What Ed " I'm really quite ruthless, hell yes" Miliband was talking to him about, I'll never
    Know, unless Brand is to be a special adviser ? :))
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    David Cameron is the only credible candidate in this election to be Prime Minister as far as I'm concerned. I just hope he can muster a majority of some sort although it's not looking likely. :#
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    My prediction is Cameron with a mix'n'match band of smaller parties will form a government. Labour will
    ( Like the Cons, be wiped out in Scotland), and after six to eight months another election will be called. ;)
    Politics :
    Never thought I find myself agreeing with Dave " I'm just an ordinary, millionaire, nothing
    Special about me " Cameron, but I do agree Russell Brand is a Joke !!!! And a few other
    Words as well. :))
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/11568482/David-Cameron-Russell-Brand-is-a-joke.html
    What Ed " I'm really quite ruthless, hell yes" Miliband was talking to him about, I'll never
    Know, unless Brand is to be a special adviser ? :))

To quote The Guardian after the meating between Ed Milband and Russel Brand: "Let's pray it was something sordid rather than political." :))
    :)) :)) :)) Ed's trying to be "interesting " :D
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    My prediction is Cameron with a mix'n'match band of smaller parties will form a government. Labour will
    ( Like the Cons, be wiped out in Scotland), and after six to eight months another election will be called. ;)

Yes, I hope that is the outcome. Northern Ireland would benefit from having the maximum number of DUP/UUP MPs elected to support a Conservative government as Unioinists and Conservatives are basically the same thing and in fact the UUP used to take the Conservative Whip at Westminster. I'll be voting UUP as a Party Member and I'd commend them to any Northern Ireland members here. Vote for Change. :) -{

And yes, Labour and the Conservatives will reap the whirlwind for ignoring Scotland for so long come 7 May. In fact, the Conservatives only have a single seat in Scotland. :#
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    I think technically the Conservative party's full name is the
    Conservative and Unionist party. ;) , I think the Labour party
    Took Scotland for granted, thinking they'd always get the votes.
    So if the polls are correct, they're in for a shock ! :D
    Do you think it's time for a proportional election system rather than the one winner for each district-system?
    I think they'll have to look at some sort of system as from all polls etc
    The thinking seems to be because both main parties have lost ground
    And other smaller parties have become stronger, it seems the days of
    One party getting a huge majority are over.
    What system do you use in Norway ?
    I think in Norway, they consult the Advice of the mightiest Norse Gods during Election time :D
    Yes, it was the because of the advice of Thor we build so many kindergardens, but he adviced against building good roads and railways B-)

But, seriously I'm not sure I'm using the correct expressions here, but the UK election system seems unfair and old fashioned to me.
    Your party may get 39 percent ofte votes in your district, but since another party got 40% your vote counts for nothing?