Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    This is probably a very silly idea but ..........
    I always thought it would look cool for Bond to get a hand grenade or small
    explosive device .which he'd pack round with snow then roll it down a snow
    covered slope, to the door of a chalet he has to get into. So when it hits the
    door it explodes sending snow all over the place.
    might not work in the real world but would with movie science. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Razzies win for Will Smith and son http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26405307

The Lone Ranger wind Worst remake.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    You think the underwater sequences in LTK and the TSWLM are slow ?:)

And boring :o
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,846MI6 Agent
    Let's agree to disagree ...
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    CR, dbs at #1. Good choice. :)
    What makes you think this is my first time?
    Started watching an old TV show ( The Invaders 1966 ) on the horror channel, if you are a fan of the old
    50s SiFi film this is a hoot. Today's episode guest stared Jack Lord ( Dr No ), I'm becoming a bit of a fan
    and try and watch it every day. :D
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,702Chief of Staff
    The Invaders was shown on terrestrial tv about 10 years ago - I think it was BBC2 or Channel 4....it was a good series...
    YNWA 97
    I must of missed it, it's great fun as I love all those old 50s science fiction movies. :D
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,702Chief of Staff
    The Invaders was very much of its time...but quite clever too...someone did do a remake of the show, which was entertaining enough but didn't get the viewers so was cancelled...
    YNWA 97
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Started watching an old TV show ( The Invaders 1966 ) on the horror channel, if you are a fan of the old
    50s SiFi film this is a hoot. Today's episode guest stared Jack Lord ( Dr No ), I'm becoming a bit of a fan
    and try and watch it every day. :D

at last ,some else remembers it ,I thought I was going mad, I loved the invaders,the noises at the start of the show (the flying saucer) still haunts me , it scared me as a kid ,I thought it was real (DOH) was it a Quinn Martin production ? I seem to remember
    it being similar to the original twilight zone in its format /narration 8-)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,343MI6 Agent
    Yes, I remember this one - "starring Roy Thinnes"! Definitely a Quinn Martin production, I can even remember the theme tune! Didn't they have some distinctive give away that they were aliens?

Possible spoiler....was this a series that ever had a resolution? I can't recall seeing the last episode?
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    Yes, I remember this one - "starring Roy Thinnes"! Definitely a Quinn Martin production, I can even remember the theme tune! Didn't they have some distinctive give away that they were aliens?

Possible spoiler....was this a series that ever had a resolution? I can't recall seeing the last episode?

I don't know .I was to busy hiding behind the sofa with lone star cowboy gun in hand sh**ing myself
    Yes the aliens have a stiff little finger as a " tell ". :D
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,343MI6 Agent
    Yes, that's right- I'm going to have to tune into the horror channel as I remember really enjoying this as a kid.

Just hope that the passage of time hasn't diluted the appeal...I saw Starsky and Hutch recently, not half as good as I remember. In fact it was ****...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    Yes, that's right- I'm going to have to tune into the horror channel as I remember really enjoying this as a kid.

Just hope that the passage of time hasn't diluted the appeal...I saw Starsky and Hutch recently, not half as good as I remember. In fact it was ****...

was that the soul/Glaser version or the Wilson /owen one, now that was ****,
    :)) Yes, I was really disapointed in Dept S, when it was shown, I had such good memories, now
    it looks crap. :#
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    The only things that hold up well are The Twilight Zone, The Prisoner and, at a pinch, the Man from UNCLE. But I've been taping the Invaders ( do they even call it taping nowadays?) as I always wanted to watch it.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    :)) I think we do indeed still "Tape" things, In the same way we still "Hang up " the phone, although
    On one has hung up a reciever since the 1920s. :))
    One of the things I love from watching the Invaders are all those beautiful old cars. -{
  • TemplarXIXTemplarXIX Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Took the rest of the week off work. Am currently in the pub where there is a "buy nine pints, get the tenth punt free" wooo
    Will you still be awake to drink the tenth Pint ? ;) :D
  • TemplarXIXTemplarXIX Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Will you still be awake to drink the tenth Pint ? ;) :D

Well I am just finishing number eight so I am quite hopeful.... :))

My excuse is "one of them was free" when She Who Must Be Obeyed asks...
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,299MI6 Agent
    January marked 25 yrs since Ted Bundys execution.......Rot in Pieces I guess one would say.

Disturbing reading his wiki article :o
    Great question on " The Chase " quiz tonight.
    " Which writer invented SPECTRE ?"
    After a long pause, came the answer, ................ Alexander Fleming. :))
    Nice to see a story pushing all that fuss in Ukraine and that missing plane off the headlines.
    Cheryl Cole to rejoin UK X-Factor. :))
    This piece on Ukraine in The Gurardian is well worth a read:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/10/ukraine-and-west-hot-air-hypocrisy-crimea-russia
    Some interesting points,
    " I majored in Western Hypocrisy " :))

Although I also found it funny that the Russian news " interviewed " five different
    Women, one a mother of a soldier etc, problem was she was the SAME actress in
    all the stories. :))
    If I was Putin I would make sure at least one Bond movie ran on a Russian TV channels at any time. He has total control of all the channels, so it shouldn't be a problem!
    If I was Putin I'd remake them with ME as 007. :))