Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think most people find him disagreeable. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,636MI6 Agent
    :))
    It's the thinking from our political masters, " Maybe they won't notice the
    Country going down the toilet, if we give them something sparkly " :D

It always works with me...oh look, a ball of tin foil...must run.
    Tax on Bingo and Beer down, :)) We've never had it so good. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Forget all that.

We're getting a new £1 coin, oh the excitement. :))

yes and its going to cost a fiver to convert each shopping trolley which by the way ,
    the idiots in power are completely off, no its true, they didn't know a shopping cart took £1 coins,
    that's what having your groceries delivered by Harrods does for you :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,926MI6 Agent
    Forget all that.

We're getting a new £1 coin, oh the excitement. :))

yes and its going to cost a fiver to convert each shopping trolley which by the way ,
    the idiots in power are completely off, no its true, they didn't know a shopping cart took £1 coins,

I always thought you did that :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    :)) I'm sure our political masters are only doing
    what's good for us. We just don't have the sense
    to see it yet. :D as us plebs are too busy playing
    bingo and drinking beer. :))
    House ,buuuurrrppp , totally agree Gerry
    I think AS is drunk again {[]
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    wotcha mean again ,im never sober -{
    I have discovered " Crispy coated chilli peanuts " wonderful. :D

sounds delish who makes em TP
    Alesto, My man gets them for me from Lidl, :)) but they
    are delicious. must be German cuisine. :D
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,110MI6 Agent
    George Lazenby talks about OHMSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGEGJKZNl40
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 37,457Chief of Staff

its going to cost a fiver to convert each shopping trolley which by the way ,

Are you serious? They genuinely didn't know that? :o
    :)) I think there are many things our ( millionaire cabinet ) don't know about the Real world. :D
    There was a bloke on the news who runs a vending machine company, who said the change
    Over would cost him a fortune. :#
    Who knows maybe it won't affect Scotland in a few years. ;) :))
    As you say, who knows? We might end up with the euro for all we know!

(Although I'm for the good old £ myself)
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    I don't even like the metric system :)) what was wrong with feet and inches. :D
    What makes you think this is my first time?
    I wonder with the new £1 coin will they also introduce the new £5 coin ? ?:)
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,504MI6 Agent
    edited March 2014
    Millions upon millions are lost in revenue each year through dodgy pound coins being used in vending machines and automated ticket machines. The new pound coin is a good move for business and far outweighs the negatives in terms of upgrading or changing trolley locks. It won't cost that much for them as it's only a 15p plastic insert. Better to have safe hard to counterfeit currency than multi milliion turnover supermarket franchises having to spend a miniscule amount on plastic trolley trays. You seriously want easy to counterfeit coins that damages business, the country and us personally just so supermarkets don't have to overhaul their trolley security.

As for vending machine companies, they've been up in arms for 20 years about how much pound coin counterfeiting has been putting them out of business. Coins have been upgraded since coins came into being. Don't believe the negative spin wagon that is happening now. It didn't happen when the new 50p and all the rest were introduced. And this is a real benefit to those who rely on automated machines that accept coins.

The only reason people are complaining, is simply the fact they want the Govt to compensate them for these upgrades, when it is the Govt doing them a favour in making the currency so much more secure. It's that compensation and sue for everything state we are living in that makes these daft arguments come to the fore.

Seriously folks, think about it. Everyone has been banging on about the huge amount of fake £ coins in the system for years now, and it is a huge amount, and that's just the good ones that are difficult to differentiate. Then you have the cheap lead ones that are crude, but still work. Something needs to be done about them. A pound may not be what it was, but millions of fake coins in the system, with more added daily, isn't good for anyone except the counterfeiters. And everyone else, is losing out. Time to stop it, or let it carry on. What do you want to happen?
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    I'm not disputing you, Asp9mm, and I am sure you're right. TP raised the point of how much our honoured leaders know about the real world, citing supermarket trolleys, and I believe he's right there.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,636MI6 Agent

I had chilli nuts once so I put on some undies.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,619MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Millions upon millions are lost in revenue each year through dodgy pound coins being used in vending machines and automated ticket machines. The new pound coin is a good move for business and far outweighs the negatives in terms of upgrading or changing trolley locks. It won't cost that much for them as it's only a 15p plastic insert. Better to have safe hard to counterfeit currency than multi milliion turnover supermarket franchises having to spend a miniscule amount on plastic trolley trays. You seriously want easy to counterfeit coins that damages business, the country and us personally just so supermarkets don't have to overhaul their trolley security.

As for vending machine companies, they've been up in arms for 20 years about how much pound coin counterfeiting has been putting them out of business. Coins have been upgraded since coins came into being. Don't believe the negative spin wagon that is happening now. It didn't happen when the new 50p and all the rest were introduced. And this is a real benefit to those who rely on automated machines that accept coins.

The only reason people are complaining, is simply the fact they want the Govt to compensate them for these upgrades, when it is the Govt doing them a favour in making the currency so much more secure. It's that compensation and sue for everything state we are living in that makes these daft arguments come to the fore.

Seriously folks, think about it. Everyone has been banging on about the huge amount of fake £ coins in the system for years now, and it is a huge amount, and that's just the good ones that are difficult to differentiate. Then you have the cheap lead ones that are crude, but still work. Something needs to be done about them. A pound may not be what it was, but millions of fake coins in the system, with more added daily, isn't good for anyone except the counterfeiters. And everyone else, is losing out. Time to stop it, or let it carry on. What do you want to happen?

I was not aware that someone could possibly get aroused by coins - ey I always learn something here :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    The Domino effect wrote : I had chilli nuts once so I put on some undies.
    :)) :)) :))
    As for coins, " Everyone has their passions " Asp9mm makes some valid points.
    Although there is bound to be a twelve sided chinese or south american coin that
    will soon be finding it's way over. :))
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 27,402Chief of Staff
    As for coins, " Everyone has their passions " Asp9mm makes some valid points.
    Although there is bound to be a twelve sided chinese or south american coin that
    will soon be finding it's way over. :))

Could be...but its time to get all your old thruppenny bits out...I said this to a girl at work this morning and got a right hander in the face :o :D
    YNWA 97
    I used to collect Coins.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Could be...but its time to get all your old thruppenny bits out...I said this to a girl at work this morning and got a right hander in the face :o :D

:)) :)) :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Must have been the way you said it! :))
    My Advice for attracting a Woman is to tell her that you have a Snake and ask if she would like to see it :))
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,504MI6 Agent
    My Advice for attracting a Woman is to tell her that you have a Snake and ask if she would like to see it :))

In my case, that might not be a good line :))
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............