So, besides 007, what do you play?

00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
What other video games do you guys play? Personally, I really enjoy a game called MERCENARIES which is a GTA spin-off. I also played Halo for the first time the other day and loved it.

Comments

• 00Goldeneye00Goldeneye Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    Oh, I've recently played, Call Of Duty: Big Red One, which is great, because it is more "World War 2" than Medal Of Honor.

I played True Crime: New York City, great.

The Star Wars: Empire At War, It's different than Galactic Battlegrounds, but great!

And Kirby: Canvas Curse, good game, worth a good try, and if your a Kirby Fan, you'll enjoy it!
  • Scaramanga10Scaramanga10 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    I just gave Need For Speed Most Wanted a try. Waste of 7 dollars to rent. This game sucked. I was also disappointed with Black. No multiplayer and only 8 missions!?!?
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    My kids play Star Wars, the Need for Speed series, various sport games and some WWII games. I play NASCAR because it is the one game I can beat them at.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    The Silent Hill horror series...
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Huge Halo fan. I've grown tired of Halo 2, actually, especially because all my friends became better than I am at it. Which is strange, because I was and still am the king of Halo 1. Which I like better anyway. :P

Mercenaries is awesome. Great game.

Here's an old xbox game that I love: Jet Set Radio Future. Anyone else play it? I LOVE that game.

I'm still waiting to get an Xbox 360. If I ever find one, I'll pick it up.
    Here's an old xbox game that I love: Jet Set Radio Future. Anyone else play it? I LOVE that game.

"Hello, Allison! I wanna hold yo hand!"

One of my favorite musical tracks from that game and I regrettably traded it in years ago.

• Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    The Sly Cooper games,all 3 of the Grand Theft Autos,XIII, and Gun.When I only played on my PC my favorites were the Tomb Raider games,Blade Runner,Max Payne Sims,and Outlaws.
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    I'm still really enjoying the original Sonic The Hedgehog games in their 'xbox' restoration (Sonic Mega Collection) :D
    On my iMac, I often play Unreal Tournament 2004 and World of Warcraft.
    RogueAgent wrote:

"Hello, Allison! I wanna hold yo hand!"

One of my favorite musical tracks from that game and I regrettably traded it in years ago.

That song is relatively easy to find, if you really like it, you could probably find it online.

The music from that game was pretty good. I wouldn;t like most of it by itself, but it fit the game. Kinda like how all the terrible music ion Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball fit the game perfectly. Not that I played that game. Or own it. Or even know what it is. :p
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    No One Lives Forever will live forever. The Medal of Honor games and the Super Smash Bros. game.
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    Huge Halo fan. I've grown tired of Halo 2, actually, especially because all my friends became better than I am at it. Which is strange, because I was and still am the king of Halo 1. Which I like better anyway. :P

Mercenaries is awesome. Great game.

I'm still waiting to get an Xbox 360. If I ever find one, I'll pick it up.

Wow night, similar game tastes. I have never met another person who plays Mercenaries. That game is great after a few 007 stealth missions.
    0064 wrote:
    Personally, I really enjoy a game called MERCENARIES which is a GTA spin-off.

I've heard MERCENARIES is good and I'd like to play it, but sadly It's not The PC nor Gamecube, as usual.
    Psi-Ops is becoming another game that I'm getting hooked on. I never get tired of ramming soldiers into walls or making crates pour down on them. :))

• VroomfondelVroomfondel Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    Zelda, Rogue Squadron 3, Hitman 2, Need For Speed 2: Underground, Sim City 3000, and Lode Runner.
    I'm so bad at Hitman 2, because I'm impatient, but I love the game so much. It's gameplay is perfect, the musis is so good I bought the soundtrack, the weapons are cool. I wish there was a cheat to make the Hitman look like 007, and then I'd start out with just the .54 pistol as it looks like a PPK, and I'd enable the punch cheat, and I'd play through it like usual. THAT would be AWESOME.
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,280MI6 Agent
    edited March 2006
    I'm partial to first person shooters and racing games; some recent favorites include:

- Doom3 (PC/xbox)
    - Quake IV (PC/xbox360)
    - Condemned (xbox360)
    - Black (ps2/xbox)
    - Project Gotham Racing 3 (xbox360)
    - Burnout Revenge (xbox/PS2/xbox360)
    - Fable: The Lost Chapters (PC/xbox)
    - Kameo (xbox360)
    - Prince of Persia 3 (xbox/PS2)
    bournebond wrote:
    splinter cell 1,2,3. even more so when i smoked, just sitting ,waiting and puffing then striking. lots of fun,even though i quit smoking a year ago. splinter cell 4 look realy good too.

Ahhh... they are all good. I'm also playing the Medal of Honor Series a little bit right now.
    TonyDP wrote:
    I'm partial to first person shooters and racing games; some recent favorites include:

- Doom3 (PC/xbox)

I had no idea that this game was so ...unsettling.

Worth my money. :)

RogueAgent wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:

- Doom3 (PC/xbox)

Unsettling is the word. Are you playing the PC or Xbox version? The Xbox version is really well done: supports 16x9 mode, progressive scan and Dolby 5.1 surround. Id/Activision also released a followup game: Resurrection of Evil. Both are widely available for $20.
    TonyDP wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:

- Doom3 (PC/xbox)

Unsettling is the word. Are you playing the PC or Xbox version? The Xbox version is really well done: supports 16x9 mode, progressive scan and Dolby 5.1 surround. Id/Activision also released a followup game: Resurrection of Evil. Both are widely available for $20.

Xbox version. With my Sony theatre speakers turned up considerably for effect.

I bought The Warriors last weekend and I'm already hooked. One of the very few games based on a motion picture that actually got it right. Rockstar puts out really great games.

Pick it up if you get the chance.

Is anybody going to buy THE GODFATHER?
    edited March 2006
    0064 wrote:

Personally, I'm going to wait for the 360 version. If nothing else, it will play at a higher resolution and in widescreen (the current gen versions don't take advantage of widescreen displays).
    Yup, definitely wait for the 360 version. Actually, I doubt I'm going to get it. Has anyone played Full Auto? I'm thinking of getting it, just because there is a DB5 lookalike.
    Yup, definitely wait for the 360 version. Actually, I doubt I'm going to get it. Has anyone played Full Auto? I'm thinking of getting it, just because there is a DB5 lookalike.

I played a demo of it off the Official Xbox magazine DVD. Nice graphics but the gameplay was very bland: drive as fast as you can and shoot stuff. The rewind feature was pretty interesting but the game had no personality to it. It just looked like another generic racer/shooter to me. There's a lot of driving games available for the 360 and Full Auto didn't really stand out.
    0064 wrote:

I'm thinking of Getting It For The PC
    I don't know if any of you folks are into roleplaying games but if you are...

I just picked up The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for the Xbox360 (it's also available for PC). It's a very good RPG with a LOTR vibe to it (especially the music). The game is in 3D and the combat occurs in realtime. According to some reviews, it will take over 200 hours to finish the quest and find everything so you definitely get your money's worth.

The graphics are excellent and the world you explore is absolutely gigantic. The various races and monsters you encounter are very well done and there are a ton of dungeons to explore, side quests to finish, and weapons, armor and potions to try out. I just passed thru the first Oblivion gate which basically takes you into another realm (think Hell with more flames and lava).

Good stuff. Highly recommended.
    Oblivion has gotten stellar reviews, I'm going to pick it up when I get my 360 on hopefully Tuesday. I'll also get PGR3 and Ghost Recon AW.
    Oblivion has gotten stellar reviews, I'm going to pick it up when I get my 360 on hopefully Tuesday. I'll also get PGR3 and Ghost Recon AW.

There are really a lot of great games for the 360 already and the console is only 4 months old.

PGR3 is a blast; I can already tell I'll be keeping that game for as long as I own my 360. I think you'll rally like it.

I haven't played Ghost Recon yet; but some guys I chat with on another board love it. I'll have to try that one out at some point.

As for Oblivion, be prepared to surrender whatever free time you might have. That game is MASSIVE. The first couple of hours might seem a little daunting but once you get used to the interface and start learning your way around the towns it becomes a lot of fun.
    I have heard that GRAW is a great game. It has recieved some great reviews. Anybody play SOCOM?