So, besides 007, what do you play?

Comments

• JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Perfect Dark, I LOVE that game.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    I've heard a lot of good things about Resident Evil 4 but it wasn't made for the Xbox...so I'm buying it anyway and commandeering my son's Gamecube to play it...while he's doing homework. :D

Anyone have praise for RE4?
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    I've heard it was fantastic. If I had a PS2 or Gamecube I'd get in in a second.
    It must be a fabulous game. I tried to get it at a Gamestop store on Broadway & 31st and the price for it used wasn't much lower than the price for it new.

The same here, too. A good indication of a good game.

• 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    I heard that game was supposed to be good. Is Gamestop a nationwide company???
    0064 wrote:
    I heard that game was supposed to be good. Is Gamestop a nationwide company???

Far as I know it is.

See I live in CA and we have Gamestop and Gamecrazy. Personally I prefer GameCrazy because it has better selections. Rogue, do you live in CA and have a Gamecrazt near you?
    No I'm from New York currently residing in Dallas.

Never heard of Gamecrazy but we have an EB Games.

We used to have EB games, but then it wen out of business. How is Dallas. Never been there, but heard it is really hot.
    0064 wrote:
    We used to have EB games, but then it wen out of business. How is Dallas. Never been there, but heard it is really hot.

It's so hot here that winter days don't come until February. No sense buying a big coat here. One of the things I miss about NY...

However the people here are extremely friendly and approachable. I thought I was in a Twilight Zone episode when I first came south. :))

EB Games is actually owned by Gamestop, just so you know. I don't know about Gamecrazy, though.
    I found EB Games to be a bit boring in comparison to GS.

• 00Goldeneye00Goldeneye Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    RogueAgent wrote:
    0064 wrote:

It's so hot here that winter days don't come until February. No sense buying a big coat here. One of the things I miss about NY...

However the people here are extremely friendly and approachable. I thought I was in a Twilight Zone episode when I first came south. :))

Dallas, also known as Texas' Silicon Valley, or the "Silicon Prairie." Anyway, Dallas... :#, its Hot, like RogueAgent said, Crime is a problem in Dallas, now it is spreading to where I live. Nice people, a lot of nice places, But I don't enjoy this place of... Scum and high School students, who think being in some d*** gang means, anything, but I think this falls under Scum or Idiots.
    Dallas is Fine and all, But I've lived in a better part of Texas(Or so I think :)) )
    We have those same problems in New York, as you've no doubt heard.
  • somethingsomething Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    yea i liked living in New York awhole lot better than living here in arizona. this is like a wasteland of sun and sand. there is so little culture i.e. art galleries musems and you cant get chinese food at 4 a.m.
    Doesn't sound like you guys live in places you like. I live about 100 miles south of San Francisco in Santa Cruz. It is always raining here.
    I love rain. Seriously.
  • scottmu65scottmu65 Carlisle, Cumbria, UKPosts: 402MI6 Agent
    If im not playing the bond video games im playing Sonic Heroes, or Sonic Mega Colletion on XBOX, i also enjoy the Max Payne Series .
    http://www.classicbondforums.tk - Please support our community.
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,282MI6 Agent
    scottmu65 wrote:
    If im not playing the bond video games im playing Sonic Heroes, or Sonic Mega Colletion on XBOX, i also enjoy the Max Payne Series .

Good old Sonic! I haven't been able to get into his 3D adventures (extreme Sonic speed and 1st person view don't go well together IMHO) but his old 2D games are classics. I still have a Genesis (ie: MegaDrive) around and I'll occasionally pop one of the Sonic games in.
    I love rain. Seriously.

I love cloudy and rainy days myself. Texas, Cali are states with too much sun.

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this game yet...but "The Godfather" is one hell of a lot of fun, IMHO. :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this game yet...but "The Godfather" is one hell of a lot of fun, IMHO. :007)

Truly a game you can't refuse. :))

The Godfather is also being released for Xbox360 later this year; personally, I'll be waiting for that version as it will be in widescreen and suport hi def resolutions.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    I'm sure it will be stunning on the 360...but we're a Playstation 2 household, so I'm having my fun now. :)

My kids don't know much about the Godfather, but (at ages 8 and 10) they don't neet do know much about him. They're jealous, as I play it after they go to bed at night. It's best they not watch me extort cash from the local bakery in Little Italy... :)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    I'm sure it will be stunning on the 360...but we're a Playstation 2 household, so I'm having my fun now. :)

My kids don't know much about the Godfather, but (at ages 8 and 10) they don't neet do know much about him. They're jealous, as I play it after they go to bed at night. It's best they not watch me extort cash from the local bakery in Little Italy... :)

Given the subject matter, that's a very good idea playing after their bedtime.

BTW, are you aware that there is a Scarface game coming out? The premise is "What if Tony Montana had survived the Columbian ambush at the end of the movie?". You take on the role of Mr. Montana and must reclaim your empire and take revenge on Sosa. It looks to share a lot of the same play mechanics as the Godfather (except it takes place in 1980's Florida). Not exactly my cup of tea but the idea of being able to press a button and have Tony Montana utter a different profanity is kind of amusing.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I love rain. Seriously.

I love cloudy and rainy days myself. Texas, Cali are states with too much sun.

Just when I thought I couldn't like you any more. :D
    The Godfather looks like an excellent game. However, with its rating of M, I don't think it is good for young kids...stealing money in little italy huh...

BTW, we have got the most rain ever in March, I WANT SUN!!!!
    0064 wrote:
    The Godfather looks like an excellent game. However, with its rating of M, I don't think it is good for young kids...stealing money in little italy huh...

BTW, we have got the most rain ever in March, I WANT SUN!!!!

Personally, I'm waiting for Scarface.

• Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    Anyone ever have a game freeze on them?Just suddenly stop and offer an immoblized image?This happened to me recently and I'm curious if there's a way to correct this--short of replaying the entire level.
    edited April 2006
    Anyone ever have a game freeze on them?Just suddenly stop and offer an immoblized image?This happened to me recently and I'm curious if there's a way to correct this--short of replaying the entire level.

9 times out of 10, you have a bad disc, W.G. Now if the majority of your games are doing this then you already know the answer.

I've bought games brand spanking new that did that and it was a manufacturing defect because I've tried them on friends' consoles with the same result.

• Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    RogueAgent wrote:

9 times out of 10, you have a bad disc, W.G. Now if the majority of your games are doing this then you already know the answer.

I've bought games brand spanking new that did that and it was a manufacturing defect because I've tried them on friends' consoles with the same result.

Thanks,Rouge.That's what I suspected because the level doesn't play as smoothly as it had previously and doesn't respond to my signals accordingly.It's Sly 3:Honor Among Thieves-a great looking and semiaddictive game.I'd just gotten through a seemingly impossible sequence and the problem then appeared towards the close of a smaller and easier moment(typing in passwords).

I've found a similar problem in another otherwise enjoyable game:Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb.Indy has a choice of weapons-including a .38 and that famous bullwhip.But no matter what I do,no matter the button I press, he'll only use his machete.Very frustrating and surprising--especially coming from a LucasArts game.