So, besides 007, what do you play?

Comments

• RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    I'm presuming, W.G., that you own a PS2? I've known owners to play DVDs on them and that also can make your harddrive freeze up. I've heard countless complaints from gamers about that.
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,282MI6 Agent
    Anyone ever have a game freeze on them?Just suddenly stop and offer an immoblized image?This happened to me recently and I'm curious if there's a way to correct this--short of replaying the entire level.

I've had my share of freezeups. Even my 360 has frozen on me a few times so far. Usually, you have no recourse but to reboot the console and start over.

As to what you're experiencing, if the problem happens consistently at the same spot; then it's probably a bad disc. If the game freezes up at different random spots, or you have the same problem with different discs, then some component of your console (possibly your DVD drive) may be starting to fail.

If possible, I'd try the game on another console to see if it displays the same behavior.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Freezing... brings back fond memories of my Xbox. My Xbox basically had a corrupt disc reader, that was SO PAINFULLY ANNOYING and sometimes it didn't load discs, it often froze, etc. Before I realized what it was, I went through 3 PGR2 discs before realizing that it wasn't the disc itself. Thankfully I haven't had any 360 freezing yet, but with my Xbox it was just a matter of time, even though M-soft said it wouldn't be a problem like it was with the Xbox 1 because of the beter disc readers that they are using. But it probably will end up messing up. But I'm hoping for the best.
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    The othe dayI was playing a GTA style game (MERCENARIES :D ) when I was hit by a car and killed. Nonetheless, at the same time, I hit the button to get in a car, everyone kept moving except me. It was strange.
    Speaking of glitches, I was playing Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, and I was in this level, and when I tried to crawl on the floor, my character would get up and put his arms out, like Jesus on the cross. It is REALLY WEIRD and completely took my out of the game, so I decided to crouch instead. Also, it annoys me how you can walk right through our teammates. That also takes me out of the game, which otherwise is spectacular.
    GRAW loos sooo great. Is it alot of fun? That is one more reason to buy an XBox360. I was hoping to play it at a frends house, but that didn't happen.
    It is amazing. It looks so good, and the gameplay is awesome, it is like it is straight out of a movie. It was so cool, I was pinned down by a tank and this huge amount of guys, and I was trying to do what I could, so I told my team to stay with me and hide, but one of them broke off and died. I tried to run to him and revive him, I ran right through the fire and I tried to save him, but I got there too late. It is like a movie in so many ways!
    I hear alot about the HUD and the fact that oyu can see what your teammates see, is this reaally that great.
    Is it cool? Yes. Do I love it? Not really. I don't think that we will be so advanced in 4 years that your helmet will be able to tell between enemy and friend, and be able to outline them in different colors, and display video, etc. I'm thinking of playing through some of the early levels with it turned off, but it is hard because there is a lot of information that you need from it.
    edited April 2006
    OK. *please see post below*.
    That isn't really fair, 0064. Maybe we should keep this topic about current gen gaming, and the Xbox 360 topic about next-gen gaming?
    Well, I just thought that we had spiralled into game discussions in both topics and I know how much the mods are trying to stop duplicate threads...nonetheless, we'll leave it up to them...
    but the other one is more focused, where this one is kind of different. I don't think they are duplicate threads at all.
    but the other one is more focused, where this one is kind of different. I don't think they are duplicate threads at all.

Hmmm...we've changed topics quite a few times...nonetheless, we should continue talking games until anything happens, though I do like your idea of changing this to be old consoles and the other one to future generation. IIf they don't close this down, lets go with your plan.
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,282MI6 Agent
    edited April 2006
    I thought I'd throw in an unsolicited plug for Tomb Raider: Legend. I've been playing it on the Xbox360 but it's also available for Xbox, PS2 and PC. It's a great game with beautiful graphics and excellent control (a far cry from the invisible grid in previous TR games). In particular, the Japan level is a lot of fun.

Crystal Dynamics, the developer, should be given the rights to James Bond as they can clearly deliver a great product (their Legacy of Kain games are also very well done).

Overall, Tomb Raider: Legend is highly recommended. Check it out.
    He he....I bought the guide to this game. :)) :)) But i didn't buy the game...
    You're weird.

I played the demo of Fight Night Round 3 and I was really impressed. It is on my to get list.
    You're weird.

:))
    I played the demo of Fight Night Round 3 and I was really impressed. It is on my to get list.

Yes, yes...good man. B-)

Well night, we all have our little bad habits. Right now I am playing MERCENARIES again with my bro...we are seeing who can beat the game the fastest...I will win.
    Isn't that game rather long? At least for a shooter?
    Well, I've beaten it four times in a year, and that is usually the only game I play, so yes, it is pretty long, but it is addicting...very addicting.
    edited April 2006
    Edited post.
    Anyone here have anything good to say about Cold Fear? It's survival horror and I want it...unless it totally sucks.

• PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    Wow this thread has been like a pinball ...

Anyway, I'm interested that no one has mentioned one of the "big" multiplayers ...

I mainly play CSS and DoDS (and of course HL2) and a smattering of Battlefield 2 when I can be bothered to wait the 5 minutes to load the maps. Only PC ... can't stand those little silver boxes. ;)

And as for Dallas ... hot and (with apologies to Dallas residents) rather dull. Austin is so much more interesting. :)
    edited April 2006
    Predator wrote:
    And as for Dallas ... hot and (with apologies to Dallas residents) rather dull. Austin is so much more interesting. :)

No offense taken, Pred. However, I've been to Austin on more than one occasion and I didn't find it particularly interesting at all...and I live here. The only time that you'll see me getting stoked about going to Austin is when I go to collect my big lottery winnings one day.

It also depends on what part of Dallas you went to and what you did. Too much area to cover to make such a judgement on it like that. Have to agree with you though on this dreadful heat...

Houston's better than here...

Now. Anyone play Cold Fear?

edited April 2006
    Anyone have an update on The Godfather?

You've seen the Godfather reviews, I assume? They all say it's a pretty solid game.
    edited April 2006
    Game Informer is sometimes hard to read. I mean that their reviews or scoring can be misleading at times. They gave it a 7.5? That's teetering on mediocrity to me. 8 and above are usually safer bets with them. I need someone who's played it hands-on and give their opinions.

HAHA, for by a weird quirk of fate, I'm getting the PC version which is the exact smae TOMORROW!!!! I'll let you know what I think when I've had some time to play.
    Thanks, 0064. I'm sort of on the fence with this one.