So, besides 007, what do you play?

Comments

• Pierce_BrosnanPierce_Brosnan Posts: 329MI6 Agent
    I have been playing Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter online for a couple of days, great game!
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    The 360 version?
    The 360 version?

Correct.
    Isn't it incredible?
    Isn't it incredible?

Yes, a very great game. It surpasses any other game I have played recently.
  • Walther PPKWalther PPK Posts: 180MI6 Agent
    I having playing Lego Star Wars II myself, my little
    sister and I really enjoyed the first game and this one is evan better. I like how you can mix and match
    the different people's body part to make your person, my eight sister is very good at it.

Also I have been working hard on Ultimate Spider -Man, I got it for my birthday last year and hands down it has to be one of the best games of 2005.
    I really enjoy the free roaming around New York City, between the missions as Spidey and looking around for the easter eggs.

Also the graphics have to be some the best produced for a game in the last five years or so.
    I feel like Activision really pulled out all the stops to deliver such graphics that dare I say it could almsot rival the Utimate Spider-Man comic books.
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,282MI6 Agent
    Just a heads up: starting this weekend (October 22 thru October 28) Toys 'R Us will have a Buy 2 Games, Get 1 Game Free promotion on all its videogames for all its systems, regardless of their price.

The way the promotion works is you pick up three games and when paying, the lowest priced of the three is charged as costing $0.00. If all three games cost the same, the last one rung in is thusly charged. This has become an annual promotion for the chain and you can score some pretty significant savings on your games purchases; there is no limit to the number of games you pick up and every third game is free.

I'll probably be picking up a few Xbox 360 games (maybe Splinter Cell: Double Agent, The Godfather, And Tiger Woods).
  • xman25xman25 Houston, TexasPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    I got 'Splinter Cell: Double Agent' for the 360 yesterday. I'm at the start of the third level. So far so good. I don't know yet where this will rank against the other Splinter Cells. I've played the first three and really liked all of them.

xman25
    I'm about to get SCDA.

Just ordered Halo for Mac online, should be here soon. Can't wait. I'm gonna play it in school. During class. HAHAHAHAHA.
    Looks like Justice League Heros for the Xbox and PS2 has come out. The reviews have been average at best and the game appears to be something of a mixed bag and it sounds like Batman is one of the weakest characters in the game.

On the plus side, Hal Jordan (the best Green Lantern ever) is in the game as an unlockable hidden character. This alone may force me to look into this game. Here's a link to IGN's review. Check out the pics; I wonder who the reviewer's favorite GL is?

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/740/740156p1.html
    xman25 wrote:
    I got 'Splinter Cell: Double Agent' for the 360 yesterday. I'm at the start of the third level. So far so good. I don't know yet where this will rank against the other Splinter Cells. I've played the first three and really liked all of them.

xman25

I am going to buy this, I love Splinter Cell (I have all the games, and even the 2 Tom Clancy books).
  • BeerjimBeerjim Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Advance Wars on the DS...I just cannot stop. Think I need help!{:)
    I picked up The Godfather, Splinter Cell: Double Agent and Tiger Woods '07 (all for Xbox360) today as part of the Toys 'R Us promotion. These should keep me occupied for quite a while.
    I'm going to have to pass on this promotion- their online store does not have splinter cell DA, for some idiotic reason. You just lost my business, TRU.
    I'm going to have to pass on this promotion- their online store does not have splinter cell DA, for some idiotic reason. You just lost my business, TRU.

Funny you say that. I bought my 3 games at a Toys 'R Us store and they didn't have either Splinter Cell or Tiger Woods on the shelf ... but they did have them under lock and key behind the cash register.

Anyhow, the promotion is good thru October 28 so maybe they'll get it later in the week. After all, the game only went on sale last Tuesday; maybe it takes a while for them to update their online store.
    TonyDP wrote:
    I picked up The Godfather, Splinter Cell: Double Agent and Tiger Woods '07 (all for Xbox360) today as part of the Toys 'R Us promotion. These should keep me occupied for quite a while.

I have The Godfather for the 360. It took be 39 hours to get through. There is a ton of stuff to do in the game. There is going to be some downloadable content in November. I'm not sure what the content is going to be.

xman25
    TonyDP wrote:

Funny you say that. I bought my 3 games at a Toys 'R Us store and they didn't have either Splinter Cell or Tiger Woods on the shelf ... but they did have them under lock and key behind the cash register.

Anyhow, the promotion is good thru October 28 so maybe they'll get it later in the week. After all, the game only went on sale last Tuesday; maybe it takes a while for them to update their online store.

I hope so, I'd love a free game. They don't have Just Cause either.
    xman25 wrote:
    I have The Godfather for the 360. It took be 39 hours to get through. There is a ton of stuff to do in the game. There is going to be some downloadable content in November. I'm not sure what the content is going to be.

xman25

I played for a couple of hours last night. Normally, I'm not into these free-roaming, sandbox type games. But given the subject matter (The Godfather is one of my favorite movies) I'm having more fun with this one. The biggest challenge for so far is just figuring out where everything is. I also love how your character's missions dovetail with events from the movie. Very clever so far.

I hope so, I'd love a free game. They don't have Just Cause either.[/quote]

Are there any Toys 'R Us stores in your area? If not, I'd definitely check back with their online store later in the week. Good luck.
    Guys- screw TW 07 (I'm hearing that the online is really buggy)

Why don't we all get Marvel Ultimate Alliance or whatever it is called and play that? It has an online co-op mode through the single player campaign.

Or we can get both! lol
    I got Condemned: Criminal Origins for the 360 today. I had played the demo and thought it was good enough to buy. I'm in the second level. It's good so far. There have been some scary and intense moments.

xman25
    Oh, man. Halo for Mac arrived today. I'm NEVER going to pay attention in class again.

I loves me some Halo.
    Okay, Tony, get Marvel Ultimate Alliance. And RA should, too when he gets his 360. Then we can play online co-op. C'mon, guys, I got it today, it is so much fun!

Also, the guy who voices Solid Snake voices Wolverine, and the guy who voiced Raiden voices Spiderman. I think.
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    Okay, Tony, get Marvel Ultimate Alliance. And RA should, too when he gets his 360. Then we can play online co-op. C'mon, guys, I got it today, it is so much fun!

Also, the guy who voices Solid Snake voices Wolverine, and the guy who voiced Raiden voices Spiderman. I think.

My son, being the Marvel fanboy he is, would LOVE if I purchased this game upon bringing home the new 360 console but I'm really excited about getting the new Justice League game which I've heard so far shows promise from early reviews so there's my DC bias holding out hope...

I'm still waiting on the near-perfect superhero game... :s
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
    edited October 2006
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but Justice League got bad reviews. Marvel Alliance got good reviews, however. SO GET IT. ;) I call Spidey. Or Cap. Or Wolverine. One of them. I think I'm best with Wolverine, but I like the other two better. Once I play more I'll decide. There're lots of guys to choose, Thor, Collossus, Mr. Fantastic, Human Torch, etc. Oh, and Iron Man, too.

Okay, I'll decide between Wolverine and Spidey... soon.
    edited October 2006
    Justice League heros did get pretty average reviews. But Hal Jordan is a selectable hidden character so I'll probably try that at some point. Like Rogue, I guess I'm more of a DC guy at heart. I really wish they'd make it BC with the 360.

As for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, I'll look into it next weekend. I just hope it isn't the same thing as the X-Men: Legends games. Those got very boring very quickly for me.

If I do get it though, I got dibs on Iron Man. ;)

I finally fired up Tiger Woods for the 360; fun game but the options can get overwhelming at times. Still, I'm trying to practice whenever I can so I won't embarrass myself when I play a game with Rogue.
    I'm also a DC guy who is starting to like Marvel more and more. Nobody beats Batman to me, but I'm starting to like the overall of Marvel better.

Ok, you've got Iron Man. I've got either Spidey or Wolvie. RA, who's your pick? I bet you're a Thing guy at heart, aren't you?
    I can just hear Rouge yelling thru his headset now: IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!! :))

Looks like it's time to clean out some more old games for credit. Let's see, Test Drive Unlimited hasn't seen any action in a while...
    I'm sorry you didn't end up liking TDU, I still pop it in every now and then and have a blast.
    I'm sorry you didn't end up liking TDU, I still pop it in every now and then and have a blast.

The cars looked great, but I never found any of the races to be much fun. I could never get comfortable with the cars and for some reason I had a hard time seeing things clearly when on the road. No matter; at only $40 it wasn't much of a risk.

While I was convalescing I finished the main game in Lego Star Wars II (still need to unlock lots of extras though) and made some progress in The Godfather. Normally, I don't go for open world sandlot games like Godfather but the way in which it intersects with the movie at certain points is very clever and the graphics are very good and it controls really well. You really feel like you're in 1930s New York.

I also picked up Splinter Cell: Double Agent but I haven't even fired it up yet. And now I have Justice League and Marvel Ultimate Alliance to contend with. And Gears of War is only one week away. Too many games, too little time. :s
    I still need to get SCDA. And if Gears of War truly turns out to be good, I'll definitely get it.