So, besides 007, what do you play?

Comments

• 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    I haven't had much time for games recently but I managed to beat Just Cause (hilarious ending involving kung-fu and the movie AirForce One) and I was finally able to get a promotion in BF2. I am now a Seargant and I have some very nice new weapons to use. And of course, im eyeing christmas as I hope to get a...PS3. I can't wait....a very nice lineup of games as well.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Shame on you. I thought you had left the dark side?
  • RogueAgentRogueAgent Speeding in the Tumbler...Posts: 3,676MI6 Agent
    TonyDP wrote:
    I can just hear Rouge yelling thru his headset now: IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!! :))

Looks like it's time to clean out some more old games for credit. Let's see, Test Drive Unlimited hasn't seen any action in a while...

Well I do think that The Thing is pretty cool and more than likely I'd pick him for gameplay but I'd have to see who all stars in this title before I can call dibs on anyone. ;)

Does it have Daredevil?
    Mrs. Man Face: "You wouldn't hit a lady? Would you?"

Batman: "The Hammer Of Justice is UNISEX!"
    -Batman: The Brave & The Bold -
    Once you collect all 5 daredevil action figures throughout the game you can play as him.

By the way, I've changed my mind. I'm playing as Cap. Because he is more awesome than I previously thought.

Iron Man, Thing, and Captain America. Sounds like a god team, but who would be our fourth?
    At some time I also want to try out Silver Surfer. Cause he is coooooool.
    I also bought Ultimate Spiderman on eBay, and I know it isn't backwards compatible but I hooked up my old xbox to the screen, and it is fantastic! I loved Spiderman 2, and this has a comic book flair to it which I love. Plus I love the Ultimate Spiderman comics. So far, I love this game.
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,282MI6 Agent
    OK Night, I'm convinced. Assuming I'm not still under quarantine (my brother and I both caught a nasty stomach bug that just doesn't want to go away) I'll be getting Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (and maybe Justice League Heroes) this weekend.

Happy now? :D
    Yes, very much. :D
  • xman25xman25 Houston, TexasPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    I got 'Splinter Cell: Double Agent' for the original XBOX today. I also have the game for the 360. I got it when it came out in mid-October. I got the XBOX version because the levels are different and I've read that the story is told better. I'm at the start of the second level. When I'm done with the game I'll compare the two versions.

xman25
    edited November 2006
    Yes, very much. :D

I bought Marvel: Ultimate Alliance today. Haven't had a chance to play it yet though. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon. Also preordered Gears of War but probably won't be able to pick it up until next weekend.
    xman25 wrote:
    I got 'Splinter Cell: Double Agent' for the original XBOX today. I also have the game for the 360. I got it when it came out in mid-October. I got the XBOX version because the levels are different and I've read that the story is told better. I'm at the start of the second level. When I'm done with the game I'll compare the two versions.

I was not aware of that; please keep us posted as I'd love to hear about the differences.

Man, there are just too many good games out right now: Godfather, Tiger Woods, Splinter Cell, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Fear is getting good notes, Gears of War comes out next week. It's getting so I don't know what to put in the console first. ?:)
    edited November 2006
    Don't forget Call of Duty 3. It's coming out next week along with Gears of War. Gears of War looks really interesting. I downloaded a couple of videos off of XBOX Live Marketplace. One is an ad video and the other is an IGN webcast video that shows one of the game's developers playing the beginning of the game and talking about it with the host of the webcast. It looks like fun. I hope there will be a demo soon. I can only get one game next week and it will probably be Call of Duty 3 because I liked Call of Duty 2 a lot. I'll eventually get Gears of War. About Splinter Cell: Double Agent, I'm now at the start of the forth level. The first four levels in the XBOX version are very different from the 360 version. The fourth level involves a train. There are no trains to deal with in the 360 version. The second level in the XBOX version is set at the same prison as the 360 version (also second level), but the mission is very different. Different layout and different objects. Very different from each other. The third level is at the JBA headquarters. But the headquarters in each version are very different. First off, the place is in New Orleans (XBOX), not in New York City (360). The JBA members don't now your there because Fisher gets sent out to do something for the boss, but Fisher sneaks back in so he can look around and do things. The layout of the headquarters in the XBOX version is different from the the 360 version. Like I said earlier, I'm at the start of the fourth level, so I don't know exactly how the rest of the game will go, but from what I can tell the latter levels are quite different from the 360 version. The story telling is also different. Kind of in flashbacks. I'll keep you updated on things.

xman25
    I forgot all about Call of Duty 3; that one will have to wait for a while as I already have too many games in the pipeline. I always tell myself I won't buy a new game until I materially finish the one I'm playing now, and I always waver.
    edited November 2006
    I played a bit of Marvel Ultimate Alliance today and so far I'm really liking what I see (I finished the first level and took out Fin Fang Foom on the SHIELD Helicarrier). I was afraid that the game would be just a mindless button masher but there is a surprising amount of depth and story to it and the ability to play as so many heros from the Marvel universe is just to much fun to pass up.

I'm still trying to get a handle on all the controls and at times there are so many characters on screen that it can be tough to make out what's going on (good thing there's no friendly fire). But it's definitely a fun game and I'll be sticking with it. Now I just need to get Iron Man's experience and other attributes high enough to really kick some ass.

While I was playing the game, I remembered playing Captain America and the Avengers for the Super NES a looooooooooong time ago; my how these games have evolved.
    Tony, let's get together and play some co-op online for MUA. I'll be Cap, you can be Iron Man.
    TonyDP wrote:

Whoa. Looks like I'll be getting this game.
    Insane...it looks like this game might blow the PS3 right out of the water. It got a better rating than Halo 1 or 2....looks like alot of fun.
    Tony, let's get together and play some co-op online for MUA. I'll be Cap, you can be Iron Man.

How about we shoot for tomorrow or Thursday night? My brother and I are still under the weather and I feel really crappy tonight. We still haven't been able to shake this bug and I'm in couch potato mode.
    0064 wrote:
    Insane...it looks like this game might blow the PS3 right out of the water. It got a better rating than Halo 1 or 2....looks like alot of fun.

Still want that overpriced, overhyped souped up DVD player of a PS3, 0064? ;) {:)
    TonyDP wrote:

How about we shoot for tomorrow or Thursday night? My brother and I are still under the weather and I feel really crappy tonight. We still haven't been able to shake this bug and I'm in couch potato mode.
    0064 wrote:

Still want that overpriced, overhyped souped up DVD player of a PS3, 0064? ;) {:)

Aye Aye Captain...
    0064 wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:

Aye Aye Captain...

I'm just giving you a hard time. Here's hoping you score your PS3 ASAP. {[]
    You mean Blu-Ray player, not DVD player. :P

Yeah, either one of those days is fine. Can't wait.
    TonyDP wrote:
    0064 wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:

Aye Aye Captain...

I know Tony...I mean, there is a rather interesting art table I sit at....one kid is a Nintendo boy, another is a Microsoft Kid...and well, i root for Sony...I get it there more...but I noted the word oversouped...yep, thats right, it can do more... :D
    0064 wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:
    0064 wrote:

Aye Aye Captain...

I know Tony...I mean, there is a rather interesting art table I sit at....one kid is a Nintendo boy, another is a Microsoft Kid...and well, i root for Sony...I get it there more...but I noted the word oversouped...yep, thats right, it can do more... :D

I've read on another site that Nintendo fanboys are called "furries" these days. Don't know if your friend will appreciate that moniker though. :)
    TonyDP wrote:
    0064 wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:

I've read on another site that Nintendo fanboys are called "furries" these days. Don't know if your friend will appreciate that moniker though. :)

Id like to hear the explanation on that... {[] :D
    Now that I think of it, Sony's console could have been out months ago if it HAD had a DVD player. AND they would have shipped with enough units for everyone.
    edited November 2006
    0064 wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:

I'm not sure of its origin, but I think it has something to do with the perception (right or wrong) that most Nintendo games are populated by cute, cuddly creatures (mario, yoshi, the pokemon gang, etc.).
    Now that I think of it, Sony's console could have been out months ago if it HAD had a DVD player. AND they would have shipped with enough units for everyone.

Absolutely right, which I why I continue to believe that the PS3 is a trojan horse to get BluRay into the home and that after the initial rush, the games will dry up for months to come (just like the PS2 with DVD's and the PSP with UMD's). What Sony doesn't realize is that most consumers are not technically saavy enough to even want to use the PS3 as the hub of their entertainment system. I wouldn't be surprised if 1 in 10 people who buy a PS3 actually pop a BluRay movie into the console. I must be turning into a cynical, bitter old fart.

By the way, in an unrelated note, Call of Duty 3 for the Xbox360 scored very high with IGN. Another great game I'm going to have to pick up eventually. Microsoft, you're going to make me poor.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/744/744720p1.html
    TonyDP wrote:
    0064 wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:

I'm not sure of its origin, but I think it has something to do with the perception (right or wrong) that most Nintendo games are populated by cute, cuddly creatures (mario, yoshi, the pokemon gang, etc.).

Absolutely right, which I why I continue to believe that the PS3 is a trojan horse to get BluRay into the home and that after the initial rush, the games will dry up for months to come (just like the PS2 with DVD's and the PSP with UMD's). What Sony doesn't realize is that most consumers are not technically saavy enough to even want to use the PS3 as the hub of their entertainment system. I wouldn't be surprised if 1 in 10 people who buy a PS3 actually pop a BluRay movie into the console. I must be turning into a cynical, bitter old fart.

By the way, in an unrelated note, Call of Duty 3 for the Xbox360 scored very high with IGN. Another great game I'm going to have to pick up eventually. Microsoft, you're going to make me poor.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/744/744720p1.html

Well, I would be one of those other nine...I dont want a blue-ray player....I just want to not have to pay for injternet and be able to play games that are fun....but still, no Blue ray movies for me...
    I got 'Call of Duty 3' on Wednesday. I'm at the start of the fourth level. So far it's as good as 'Call of Duty 2'. It has improved visuals. I really like the music for the game. The main menu music is great. Joel Goldsmith is the composer of the music. He's Jerry's son.

xman25
    What difficulty level are you playing on?
    I finally got my copy of Gears of War today and played a little bit of the first level in single player.

The graphics are absolutely amazing and look to my eyes like the early tech demos that Sony tried to say would be indicative of the graphics on PS3. The level of detail is amazing, especially facial expressions and the expansive architecture.

The controls take a little getting used to (especially throwing grenades) but after about a half hour they start to feel pretty natural. The game really has to be played in a slow and methodical way. Finding cover is absolutely vital to staying alive; if you stand out in the open you're dead in seconds. Crouching is critical to gameplay, so much so that the function is given its own button. One of the coolest parts is when you crouch and run, trying to dodge fire while looking for cover. The screen bobs convincingly like a newsfeed from a warzone and you really feel like you're in the middle of a pitched battle.

For now though, I've had to reluctantly put it aside as I'd been focusing on Marvel Ultimate Alliance; I'm about halfway thru that game and really don't want to get into Gears until I've beaten it.