So, besides 007, what do you play?

Comments

• s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Think I will probably just buy one, if I don't like it i'll just pop it on ebay. There not very expensive.
  • 00640064 Somewhere out west...Posts: 1,083MI6 Agent
    I went out and bought Call of Duty 2 Game of the Year Edition for $20. It was a fine deal and I am enjoying it thoroughly.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    In the newest Game Informer, there is a preview of Mercs 2. Oddly, it is listed for only the 360- the PS3 isn't mentioned!
    Yeah, everyone knows that a typo!!!! :D
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,280MI6 Agent
    I picked up Sonic and the Secret Rings for 0064's favorite system, the Nintendo Wii. This is probably the first good Sonic game since Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast. Unlike other attempts at putting Sonic in a 3D world, Secret Rings simplifies the gameplay greatly by focusing primarily on forward movement and minimizing the necessity to move laterally. The result is you get to enjoy Sonic's great speed while minimizing the blind jumps and instant deaths (although they still can happen). Graphically the game looks very nice with very detailed and colorful environments. The Wiimote also provides for an easy way to control Sonic: tilt it left or right to move Sonic laterally, and shake it forward to perform his dash attack. The face buttons control jumping and having Sonic stop his forward movement. Overall, another fun game for the Wii, the little system that could.
    TonyDP wrote:
    I picked up Sonic and the Secret Rings for 0064's favorite system,
    Didnt need to look... {[] :D
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    edited March 2007
    Completed 100% of Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy on my GameCube last night. For those who haven't tried out the Lego Star Wars games, they're simply fantastic and a lot of fun. The plus side is that my wife enjoys sitting down and playing with me. You may think the game is geared for younger players, but it's surprisingly entertaining and addictive.
    Is there any special thing you get for completing 100%? I mean, I've already gotten the Lego City unlock, do I really need the coin spurting fountain?
    Is there any special thing you get for completing 100%? I mean, I've already gotten the Lego City unlock, do I really need the coin spurting fountain?

There's nothing to be gained at reaching 100% other than the satisfaction that you've exhausted the game. In order to reach 100%, it involves purchasing ALL of the special unlocks. The coin-spurting fountain came in handy to grab extra cash to unlock the higher end items.

buying the X2, X4, X6, X8, and X10 bonus means that you can collect coins at a X3840 rate! Granted, by this time you've most likely completed the game, but there's something satisfying about seeing your 'score' shoot into the billions. :D
    darenhat wrote:
    Completed 100% of Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy on my GameCube last night. For those who haven't tried out the Lego Star Wars games, they're simply fantastic and a lot of fun. The plus side is that my wife enjoys sitting down and playing with me. You may think the game is geared for younger players, but it's surprisingly entertaining and addictive.

[in my best Darth Vader voice] Impressive ... Most Impressive.

The Lego Star Wars games were tons of fun - and much better than most "serious" attempts at a Star Wars tie-in. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Traveller's Tales do with their Lego Batman game.

I started playing the Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion on the 360. Lots of quests in this one along with some really bizarre characters and situations. One quest has someone asking you to kill him because he is afraid to commit suicide, but you have to make it look like an accident. Another has you luring people into a dungeon and then setting traps to kill them or drive them insane. Since the expansion takes place in a world of madness you are encouraged (and even required at some points) to tap into your dark side.
    GTA IV TRAILER! GTA IV TRAILER! SET IN MY HOMETOWN! AND RA'S OLD HOMETOWN! WHOOOOOOO!

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/1941/GTA-IV-Things-Will-Be-Different-Trailer/p1/

gonna be awesome.
    GTA IV TRAILER! GTA IV TRAILER! SET IN MY HOMETOWN! AND RA'S OLD HOMETOWN! WHOOOOOOO!

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/1941/GTA-IV-Things-Will-Be-Different-Trailer/p1/

gonna be awesome.

I like the Russian accent!!! Could you now be working with the russian mob??? That would most certainly add a big new twist on the GTA series, Ive got my fingers crossed for it!!!
  • 3rbrown3rbrown MI6 Top Secret - Scotland, GlaPosts: 100MI6 Agent
    A mixture of:
    Grand Theft Auto
    Sims
    Need For Speed
    Call Of Duty
    Star Wars
    Desert Storm
    Not many sports though
    Spiderman 3 was released today for just about every console known to man. The initial reviews for the game have not been at all kind. In particular, the next-gen versions on Xbox 360 and PS3 were especially savaged by critics who harped on the mediocre graphics, boring gameplay and ultra-cheap bosses. The PS3's much vaunted "exclusives" ended up being a few inane videos and the ability to play as the New Goblin in some of the game's race modes - all while innocent bystanders refer to Goblin as "Spiderman". I haven't tried the game myself but for any potential buyers, caveat emptor.
    I've been playing SM3 for a few hours, and I'm loving it. The graphics aren't amazing, and the fighting is just button mashing, but I've been missing webswinging around the city, and I'm thrilled to be able to do it again on the 360. The Spiderman character model is great, the animations are incredibly fluid, the fighting is fun, I'm just having a lot of fun with it. So I'm disagreeing with the reviews.
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Playing C&C3 atm. My 360 is having a serious rest. I am a massive fan of the C&C games and they really are PC games so I went for PC instead of waiting for the 360. It's the best version for quite a while. But as in some of the previous versions some units just seem way too powerful. My favourite version is still red alert. I think the balance was perfect there.
    Played more Spiderman 3 today, and I honestly love the game. The combat is incredibly fun as you level up, even though it started frustrating and partially difficult, it is now just cool. The swinging is fun as ever, the missions are pretty cool, and many reviews said there were a lot of graphical issues but I haven't found that. The only graphics problem is jaggies, but I think the game looks quite good when you're swinging around. If you like Spiderman, get the game, you'll like it, or at least I do.
    Played more Spiderman 3 today, and I honestly love the game. The combat is incredibly fun as you level up, even though it started frustrating and partially difficult, it is now just cool. The swinging is fun as ever, the missions are pretty cool, and many reviews said there were a lot of graphical issues but I haven't found that. The only graphics problem is jaggies, but I think the game looks quite good when you're swinging around. If you like Spiderman, get the game, you'll like it, or at least I do.

I find it a bit peculiar that Activision never put up a demo to this game on Xbox Live as I would have been curious to try it.

Night, how have the boss battle been? I've read that they were the cheapest and most frustrating elements of the game so I'm curious about your take.
    Some of them are frustrating, and you really have to keep your finger glued to the Spidey reflexes, but honestly they can be a lot of fun. One reviewer complained it took him an hour to beat Kingpin, but I beat it on my first try, and had a lot of fun, too. There is always a way of defeating a boss, and learning that trick can be fun.

On the other hand, some are downright cheap. Kraven, for example. In the middle of the boss fight, he takes spiritual form of a man with wings and he can fly, and if you don't jump up and punch him down immediately, he throws an explosive at you which knocks you down, and he'll throw another at you before you get back up. You're lucky if you'll stay alive, but he still has half his health after that, so you need to restart the fight. And then you have to fight him again after you beat him, except this time he can hide from you, and there are lizards trying to kill you as well. That is frustrating.

But most of them are fun. After you beat Kingpin the first time, he unleashes three of the bosses you previously beat at once, and you have to kill them all. That part was really fun, since you had leveled up a lot since beating them the first time. I didn't get a scratch.

Now I'm fighting Rhino who is proving to be difficult. I'll give you an update when I beat him.

I'm still loving the game.
    Alright, I finished the game today. You actually get to play as New Goblin at the end, which is ok, nothing too special, would have preferred playing as Spidey.

The thing that annoyed me about the last level is that once you beat venom in the final part, there is one final interactive cutscene, but if you mess it up, you have to start from the start of the venom fight again (which is really short and easy so it isnt bad) but it is just annoying. That having been said, on a whole, the interactive cutscenes are great, much better than I expected. They are just fun, and don't detract from the experience, but rather add to it.

So, I love this game. It is fun. Perfect? No. But a LOT of fun.
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    I love this game. It is fun. Perfect? No. But a LOT of fun.

I loved 'Spiderman 2' and 'Ultimate Spiderman.' I've yet to get a hold of the new game, but I hope it's as much fun.
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    I play PES6 and my current favourites are guitar heroes 1 and 2 on my ps2.

I love the Guitar hero games as I can't play a real guitar yet -but can play some mean tunes on the console. albeit the majority of tunes on the game are not tunes that I'm not really into -as I'm more of a mod than a real rocker. :)
  • FelixLeiter ♀FelixLeiter ♀ Staffordshire or a pubPosts: 1,286MI6 Agent
    I had the Godfather Blackhand edition come yesterday and seriously recommend it for other ammateur gamers. :D
    Relax darling, I'm on top of the situation -{
  • Mewtwo3090Mewtwo3090 Posts: 72MI6 Agent
    edited July 2007
    Super Smash bros. Melee, Resident Evil (The Remake for Gamecube), Metroid Prime, Chronicles of Narnina,
    Harry Potter, Mario Party 5, Zoids Battle Legends, and Soul Calibur 2. :D I also play the Halo series. I have to ask to play on the X-box since it's not mine.
    Saw this posted on another site. Lego Indiana Jones anyone? It's being made by the same developers who did the Lego Star Wars games.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22890.html
  • Bond_P99Bond_P99 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Halo 2, Call of duty 3, splinter cell, many games. I like shooters the best!!
    Bond_P99 wrote:
    Halo 2, Call of duty 3, splinter cell, many games. I like shooters the best!!

I can never get enough of first-person and third-person action games. What did you think of Call of Duty 3? I played Call of Duty 2 (and enjoyed it very much) but part 3 sort of got lost in the shuffle of games over the holidays.
    edited September 2007
    TonyDP wrote:
    Saw this posted on another site. Lego Indiana Jones anyone? It's being made by the same developers who did the Lego Star Wars games.

That's sweet! The wife and I loved Lego Star Wars. The timing of this is perfect since I just completed "Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb' om my PC the other day (I know I know, that game came out in 2003...but my computer had a couple of downtimes which forced me to constantly reload the game and start from scratch)

Any word on the platforms that this will be available on?
    edited September 2007
    darenhat wrote:
    TonyDP wrote:

That's sweet! The wife and I loved Lego Star Wars. The timing of this is perfect since I just completed "Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb' om my PC the other day (I know I know, that game came out in 2003...but my computer had a couple of downtimes which forced me to constantly reload the game and start from scratch)

Any word on the platforms that this will be available on?

Most likely PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and probably a PC version. I'll probably end up getting the Xbox 360 version as the Lego Star Wars games controlled really nicely with the 360 pad.
    Weren't they already working on a Lego Batman game?