Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    A small clothing observation that may or may not have been noted yet but Bonds wearing the Albert Thurston braces again with his ivory dinner jacket, don't know if its the silver clasp SF version or the Gold clasp CR version though.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Llafyks wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

Thats a super alternative!!! The sizing sounds scary!!!!!

My blue Moncler arrived today and I must say it's very nice, as mentioned above it seems that the pocket stiching is the only main difference from the TF. The blue is very dark and the difference to SA is that the sleeves are also blue but I can put up with that given the price difference between the Moncler and TF.
    Like the SuperNatural budget jacket it is a slim fit - but so much better in terms of quality, it has a nice weight to it.
    Size wise I'm a 46" chest and ordered a XXXL as that was the Moncler size for 46". Think a size S might fit an action man figure :)
    I had considered a Moncler Tib padded vest/gilet in blue and getting a dark grey sweater to wear underneath to be as SA as possible but decided against it.
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • sumner89sumner89 Manchester, EnglandPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    Llafyks wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

My blue Moncler arrived today and I must say it's very nice, as mentioned above it seems that the pocket stiching is the only main difference from the TF. The blue is very dark and the difference to SA is that the sleeves are also blue but I can put up with that given the price difference between the Moncler and TF.
    Like the SuperNatural budget jacket it is a slim fit - but so much better in terms of quality, it has a nice weight to it.
    Size wise I'm a 46" chest and ordered a XXXL as that was the Moncler size for 46". Think a size S might fit an action man figure :)
    I had considered a Moncler Tib padded vest/gilet in blue and getting a dark grey sweater to wear underneath to be as SA as possible but decided against it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

How's the fit in the XXXL? I have a 42-44 inch chest depending on the brand, and I think I'd be an XL in Moncler, but now I am not so sure...
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    sumner89 wrote:
    Llafyks wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

image.jpg

image.jpg

How's the fit in the XXXL? I have a 42-44 inch chest depending on the brand, and I think I'd be an XL in Moncler, but now I am not so sure...

The fit of the XXXL is what I would describe as "fitted" or "slim" it's supposed to be knitwear and a layer that would be under an outer jacket if you were skiing - Monclers primary use !
    It's really comfortable and with a nice NPeal cashmere underneath it would be perfect. My NPeal arrives tomorrow so I'll give you the heads up then :)
    If you look at Monclers sizing it will give you a better idea of the size you'll need. As I said I'm a 46"chest with broad shoulders and this is perfect. If you are a true 44" I'd go for the XXL. Hope this helps.
  • sumner89sumner89 Manchester, EnglandPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    Llafyks wrote:
    sumner89 wrote:
    Llafyks wrote:

image.jpg

image.jpg

The fit of the XXXL is what I would describe as "fitted" or "slim" it's supposed to be knitwear and a layer that would be under an outer jacket if you were skiing - Monclers primary use !
    It's really comfortable and with a nice NPeal cashmere underneath it would be perfect. My NPeal arrives tomorrow so I'll give you the heads up then :)
    If you look at Monclers sizing it will give you a better idea of the size you'll need. As I said I'm a 46"chest with broad shoulders and this is perfect. If you are a true 44" I'd go for the XXL. Hope this helps.

Thanks! I think I need to try something from Moncler on to get a better idea before I buy. Where did you get yours from?
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    sumner89 wrote:
    Llafyks wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I am a 42 chest and my large Moncler fits perfectly.
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    Go and buy this months GQ. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. ESPECIALLY WATCH FANS.
    Go and buy this months GQ. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. ESPECIALLY WATCH FANS.

???? Don't leave us in suspense lol
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    It comes with a watch supplement. Not much on the Omega, not much on anything really, but it's a read. Great four page Omega SPECTRE ad in the main mag though.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    sumner89 wrote:
    Llafyks wrote:
    sumner89 wrote:

Thanks! I think I need to try something from Moncler on to get a better idea before I buy. Where did you get yours from?
    Always a good idea to be able to try something on (if possible) from a designer to compare before buying. Got mine through Farfetch and it came from an Italian boutique :) Eraldo - Ceggia, Italy.
    Asp9mm wrote:
    It comes with a watch supplement. Not much on the Omega, not much on anything really, but it's a read. Great four page Omega SPECTRE ad in the main mag though.

The watch supplement was the tipping point for me. Empire I think have a better article about spectre. GQs isn't bad though. I'm a GQ fan normally.
  • ashwinsuresh1ashwinsuresh1 Los Angeles, CA, United StatesPosts: 104MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    Main_1_a_AW_Spectre.jpg

I almost have this outfit complete with some light modifications (TF patent oxfords instead of C&J shoes and a stock TF bowtie I bought with my O'Connor tux [no batwing/butterfly]). What I'm missing is the stupid flower!

Anyone know what kind of flower he has on his lapel/where we might be able to grab a fake flower that works as a lapel pin?
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Main_1_a_AW_Spectre.jpg

I almost have this outfit complete with some light modifications (TF patent oxfords instead of C&J shoes and a stock TF bowtie I bought with my O'Connor tux [no batwing/butterfly]). What I'm missing is the stupid flower!

Anyone know what kind of flower he has on his lapel/where we might be able to grab a fake flower that works as a lapel pin?

It's a carnation. I'm not sure why you'd want to wear a fake.
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 372MI6 Agent
    Main_1_a_AW_Spectre.jpg

That's awesome man, I'm excited to see your outfit put together! Are you wearing it for the movie opening?
    Matt B wrote:
    Main_1_a_AW_Spectre.jpg

That's awesome man, I'm excited to see your outfit put together! Are you wearing it for the movie opening?
    Heck yeah I am! Going to the NA premiere in Mexico City, though :) didn't make the cut for London lol
    edited October 2015
    Main_1_a_AW_Spectre.jpg

It's a carnation. I'm not sure why you'd want to wear a fake.
    Awesome, that's what I thought! And asking about fake just so I don't have to get a new one any subsequent time I may want to rock the look. And for ease of putting it on.

Thinking I may grab this one lest you guys have a better option you might suggest:

http://www.gentlemansgazette.com/shop/boutonnieres/dark-red-carnation-boutonniere-life-size-lapel-flower-fort-belvedere
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    Llafyks wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks really nice! Is it pretty similar to the color/look of the Tom Ford one in person?
  • PointfiveOPointfiveO Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    I picked up the black version of this, 44" chest so went for xxl and it fits well, fitted not loose. The XL would of been too small! I carefully removed the sleeve badge for a more SA look.

It is more substantial than the super-natural jacket, and feels better quality. Not really a surprise though with the price difference paid £375 via farfetch.
    edited October 2015
    M
    DonnyDB5 wrote:
    Llafyks wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

My blue Moncler arrived today and I must say it's very nice, as mentioned above it seems that the pocket stiching is the only main difference from the TF. The blue is very dark and the difference to SA is that the sleeves are also blue but I can put up with that given the price difference between the oncler and TF.
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks really nice! Is it pretty similar to the color/look of the Tom Ford one in person?
    Difficult to make a definitive comment as I haven't seen a TF in the flesh. All I can say is that I can understand how there was confusion regarding the actual colour of the SA one. I can remember a lot of discussion around whether it was black with black sleeves/black with grey sleeves/ etc. Even the photos of the actual TF one don't give it's true colour apparently. In some of the Spectre trailers I've seen the TF still looks black, even though we all know it isn't :)
    The photos I posted are not true to the colour in that it looks black but I can assure you my Moncler is a dark blue with dark blue sleeves. As I was hanging it in my wardrobe last night it did look black until it was close to a black sweater then the comparison was more obvious.
    All I will say is that it's very good quality ski-wear with a down filling and I'd happily wear this as a layer when skiing - I have plenty of good quality ski gear (Killy, Berghaus, Salomon etc) and this is right up there as I expected. Yes, it isn't cheap but for those people who want a great alternative to the rather expensive TF it's ideal.
    If you do go for one I would check the sizes carefully, concensus is Moncler are on the small side when it comes to fit, see my earlier post and the one above from Pointfive0.
    Don't know if this helps anything with regards to the trousers.
    image.jpg

image.jpg
  • ih8dumpplih8dumppl Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Agreed on the Moncler. I bought a large, usually a small/medium. The arms are tight. Thickest layer would probably be just a long sleeve shirt. It is very fitted but that is preferred for me. Great jacket and I'm happy I kept it instead of the supernatural.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    My Jcrew Kenton Saharas arrived. Lovely boots.

Fitwise for those interested. I as m uk 8.5f in Churchs and CnJs.

I snagged a us10 and they fit me absolutely perfectly. I would say they fit as per standard shoe sizing (Levis / Nike / Loake / Next etc) and are built for narrow to medium width feet
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

I snagged a us10 and they fit me absolutely perfectly. I would say they fit as per standard shoe sizing (Levis / Nike / Loake / Next etc) and are built for narrow to medium width feet

Cool - I really like these, more then some of my more expensive boots! -{
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Cool - I really like these, more then some of my more expensive boots! -{

Only paid £90 so def agree!
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,092MI6 Agent
    And those of us with wide feet are probably s.o.l.

M & P. I wear a UK 11F in Loake Kempton chukka boots, 026 last. That size is a little long but the width is good. Any chance a US12 would work?
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    And those of us with wide feet are probably s.o.l.

M & P. I wear a UK 11F in Loake Kempton chukka boots, 026 last. That size is a little long but the width is good. Any chance a US12 would work?

Doubt it I'm a 9.5 or 10uk in C&J and a U.S. 12 in the jcrew. You will probably need a U.S. 13
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,092MI6 Agent
    So it'd look like clown shoes unless the length runs small too?
  • MarcoMarco Central EuropePosts: 130MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    The whole collection of James Bond cloths' from Spectre displaying at Tom Ford store in Milan.

2015_10_17_12_32_29.jpg
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    Marco wrote:
    James Bond cloths' from Spectre displaying at Tom Ford store in Milan.

2015_10_17_12_32_29.jpg

In which scenes is he wearing the one on the left?
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    Think everybody guessing it's maybe worn for the very end