Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    DBS wrote:
    I think the Moroccan trousers may be grey, despite them looking taupe/brownish/beige in the overhead image of the steps that we've all seen. DZ linked the YouTube "behind the scenes" clip where we see another angle of DC climbing the stairs. Take a good look at this clip on loop in motion - they look like a mid-grey even though the still here shows a hint of taupe/brown. They don't appear to be jeans. They definitely look like a twill or cotton blend chino based on how they drape and flow as he walks.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-20%20at%203.46.04%20PM.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig

They still look like they have more than a hint of brown to me in that picture. Grey really wouldn't go with the tan jacket either.

Remember when everyone here thought the Topman chinos in Skyfall were grey, even though they looked khaki in all the images? And they actually were khaki.

I agree that there looks to be a hint of brown in the pic, but I'm still the skeptic to say these may be grey trousers (or at least some kind of grey-brown mix as so many clothing companies are making up their own muted color palettes, like All Saints, etc). Watch the actual video clip a few times over if you can. I'm seeing more grey than brown. I chalk up the visible brown tones to the reflecting "spill" of light off the earth-tone surroundings. Clothing can certainly absorb the surrounding colors, hence the variance we see from the first overhead image which looks really taupe/brown, and these new pics from this video clip. Also, we have no idea how the white balance was set on the various camera used to capture these images, so this is another variable that may skew the colors we see.

I think until more hi-res stills of this outfit surface (or more importantly, Jany herself confirms), it's hard to rule out any color possibilities, and perhaps even fabric as some have suggested these are jeans instead of trousers. We still need a good pic to officially confirm if these boots are indeed the J Crew Kentons.

As for the Topmans from Skyfall, it was the overwhelming consensus of the forum here that they were grey. The style code of the pair that surfaced as those from the ED scene was 68L19DGRY. I posted some decent pics of them here as well - http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/39497/omg-jany-temime-answers-some-of-our-toughest-wardrobe-queries/page/10/ So it looks like Jany may be pairing beige boots with grey trousers and a leather jacket again.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • ashwinsuresh1ashwinsuresh1 Los Angeles, CA, United StatesPosts: 104MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    List of unknown clothing and also items that have been debated e.g. what specific model Snowdens

Anything missing?

TF Sunglasses Snowdens - which specific model? Shiny Black or Havana (big debate here)

Posted this in the TF thread as well, but how is this still a debate? Clearly Havana based on the below.

image001.jpg

Also 52mm lens vs. the more standard 50mm.

Well some TF stores themselves say it's shiny black (remember the shiny black ones also have Havana effect as the black appears painted on top hence in light the Havana does show). Makes sense to clarify - yes?
    Fair enough, although the image I posted definitely shows the Havana, and not Shiny Black (I shone a flashlight on both in the store, and while you can see the tortoise design on the Havana under light, that effect is much much more subtle on the Shiny Black). Fwiw, my BH Tom Ford rep said both were featured in the film (NY just said Shiny Black, albeit more than a month ago), but the actual photographic evidence confirms Havana and hasn't yet confirmed Shiny Black.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Topmans from skyfall were the light grey color. I agree that these look as though they have grey in them but taupe plays funny tricks in film. Here's to hoping we find out soon. Btw, may be wearing this outfit in Leicester Square on Monday. Decided to have fun that night and not get too dressed up.
    Topmans from skyfall were the light grey color. I agree that these look as though they have grey in them but taupe plays funny tricks in film. Here's to hoping we find out soon. Btw, may be wearing this outfit in Leicester Square on Monday. Decided to have fun that night and not get too dressed up.
    In trying to narrow down the possible color (and hopefully designer) of the Moroccan trousers, I compiled a little chart of possible colors and designs using my Matchless jacket, Kenton boots, and the TF polo as a guide. Using brands such as Cuccinelli, All Saints, J Crew, Rag & Bone, J Brand, and a few others I think, I paired the online images of the various trousers/jeans with the confirmed outfit (and suspected boots) to try and narrow down the possibilities. I prefer the grey area of the scale here and think the colors match closest in relation to each piece. Of course, this comparison is a bit of "apples to oranges" since the trousers were all photographed under different lighting conditions by numerous websites. But going off of the color that the site claims each piece is, I laid this out in a (hopefully) obvious order.

Matchless%20Morocco%20Outfit%20-%20Color%20Scheme_R.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

The colour of the Topman chinos was never officially confirmed (not on here), but on the costume card they are a classic khaki colour. They don't look grey in the film either.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    I think the color ambiguity of the Topmans is due to the distressing effect the wardrobe department performed on the clothing. I've seen costume cards containing the same pieces of wardrobe that looked quite a bit different in person due to the variance in distressing - wardrobe would obviously distress the knees, backside, and cuffs more heavily than other areas due to the likelihood of wear and tear on those areas. And when you obtain a costume card, you don't know from which section of the clothing your piece is from. Another example is the Lodge cords from All Saints. I saw a swatch that looked almost black, and then another one looked more like the bitter chocolate color.

I'll have to go back and look at my costume card and compare it to my pair of Topmans. But last time I looked, I thought they were a match.
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    I agree about the grey shade, I am certainly seeing, after the video they are more of a Grey colour, but the colour from the first picture has really thrown it. The other possibility to consider, however slim, is that this picture was from a rehearsal and they changed the trousers afterwards ? I have actually been on a film set where this happened with another A list actor. They filmed a couple of short scenes with him wearing a long sleeved shirt and then reshot the same scenes with a long sleeved T Shirt. Just a thought anyway.

I picked up a pair of J Crew Broken-in chino in 770 urban slim fit chino's at the weekend in faded blue grass which are beautiful. I didn't want to match the Morocco trousers but noted they were in the same ball park. They also do a few khaki colours and greys, the fit is brilliant.

19488_BL6325.jpg
  • genericguygenericguy Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    kadd wrote:
    Haven't seen anything mentioned here about jeans, so posting this from GQ

We know magazines get stuff wrong, but they mention Bond will be wearing a pair of Rag & Bone selvage jeans in Spectre

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/style/articles/2015-09/24/what-labels-does-james-bond-wear-in-spectre

If anyone in the UK wanted to get something like this Coggles has these (or very similar) in a 34 for just over £50
    10984604-1412869425-990231.jpg

http://www.coggles.com/jeans-clothing/men/clothing/rag-bone-men-s-standard-issue-fit-2-low-rise-slim-fit-jeans-raw-denim/10984604.html

Extra30 for another 30% off.
    http://www.rag-bone.com/mens/denim/fit-2-jean-M1123K168.html
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Here are the Shiny Black and Havana Snowdons side by side. Food for thought!
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    genericguy wrote:
    kadd wrote:
    Haven't seen anything mentioned here about jeans, so posting this from GQ

We know magazines get stuff wrong, but they mention Bond will be wearing a pair of Rag & Bone selvage jeans in Spectre

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/style/articles/2015-09/24/what-labels-does-james-bond-wear-in-spectre

If anyone in the UK wanted to get something like this Coggles has these (or very similar) in a 34 for just over £50
    10984604-1412869425-990231.jpg

http://www.coggles.com/jeans-clothing/men/clothing/rag-bone-men-s-standard-issue-fit-2-low-rise-slim-fit-jeans-raw-denim/10984604.html

Extra30 for another 30% off.
    http://www.rag-bone.com/mens/denim/fit-2-jean-M1123K168.html

I own a pair of these slim indigo Selvedge jeans from Banana Republic. Good budget alternative especially with discount codes.

http://bananarepublic.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?cid=91449&vid=1&pid=406308003
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:

Matchless%20Morocco%20Outfit%20-%20Color%20Scheme_R.jpg

Now this is impressive. We are likely a week away from a confirmation, and you are still going hard on the hunt! Hats off to you man. I'm the same way. The thrill of the chase is just as good as acquiring the prize when it comes to this stuff. Personally, I'm hoping the Morocco pants are interchangeable, in terms of color and type, to the Topman ED chino's because I never got the Topman chino's, and it would be nice to have a pair that works for both. On a similar note, I'm wondering about the color difference between the boots and the jacket. Here are side by side pics from the video.

Screenshot_29.jpg

To me the boots look darker than the jacket in the video screenshots, but the Kenton's don't look darker than the jacket in your pictures. Wondering if you might be able to weigh in on this, as I do not own either pieces. There is of course the possibility that the jacket is not completely SA. It's weird. Sometimes, when I freeze frame the video, I can almost see all the lacing on the boots, making them look exactly like the Kenton's. But, then other times, I see regular looking chukka boots. It will all be known soon, but I just can't help myself :))
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • Gordon009Gordon009 USAPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    Just a heads up, there is a pair of J Crew Kenton Sahara boots size 11.5 US on eBay for anyone still looking.
    "Why should I need more time? Jobs done. The bitch is dead."
    New stock of the Matchless Craig Blouson in sizes Small and Medium were just posted to the Matchless site in case anyone missed out on the last round(s).

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    The Sahara Kentons are a little darker than the Matchless, especially if the suede is brushed in the "darker" direction.
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Yes, the kentons darker and not same shade. Plus throw them in the shadow and viola!
    image.jpg
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Nice photo David - look at the sky!
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Yes, the kentons darker and not same shade. Plus throw them in the shadow and viola!
    image.jpg

Lovely pic David. Where is that..?
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    image.jpg

You definitely havn't reached London yet..... Its wet and damp here!
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    For anyone looking, J Crew has the Suede Kenton plain toe boot with the brick sole back on its site: $228 and there is a 25% off code. They are calling the color "Boulder" but it looks pretty close to the Sahara; maybe a little more grey?

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/boots/PRDOVR~C8924/C8924.jsp

C8924_GY6631_d2?$pdp_tn75$
  • genericguygenericguy Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    Nice shout.
    Unfortunately code doesn't work in UK so price here is $350 :(
  • crt007crt007 Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    Uniqlo has a nice pair of chinos that look pretty close in color. They are the slim stretch chino. The stretch in them is great-makes them very comfortable. I got these in store and unfortunately don't see a link on the website.

IMG_6091.jpg
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Good shot of the Henrys and the Persol's in this screen shot!

Screen_Shot_2015_10_22_at_8_32_34_AM.jpg
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    image.jpg

Nice pic! Livin' the life man. Thanks for the heads up on the Kenton's color compared to the jacket.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    has anyone tried contacting the wardrobe contact? technically people have seen the film last night so she may be able to shed some light on unknown items.
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    _86274945_spectre-craig.jpg
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Walked past Timothy Everest this evening

image.jpg
    The Mantis wrote:
    image.jpg

NJ shore a few weeks ago.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    For anyone looking, J Crew has the Suede Kenton plain toe boot with the brick sole back on its site: $228 and there is a 25% off code. They are calling the color "Boulder" but it looks pretty close to the Sahara; maybe a little more grey?

I own the Kenton Sahara colour boots and they are not close in colour to the Boulder colour. Sahara is more like a beige and Boulder is more grey.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:

I own the Kenton Sahara colour boots and they are not close in colour to the Boulder colour. Sahara is more like a beige and Boulder is more grey.

Sorry for sharing 8-)