Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    drum007 wrote:
    Couldn't be happier about the Banana Republic "Solden" Jacket budget alternative. Currently 50% off in stores. I paid around $87.50. This is a large and fits pretty true to size. The medium was a bit too tight.
    image.jpg

That looks damn good man! A lot better than I thought when I saw it on the BR website. Now I'm tempted. -{
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Trying to get to the bottom of this, but Lock and Co have yet to be able to confirm the below, and it also conflicts with what the costume asst. says...I have a feeling it may be a matter of several hat companies being engaged but ultimately who won out?

Dear David,

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

I can confirm that the navy beanie in the new Bond movie ‘Spectre’ is in fact a Lock one. The costume department purchased the hat from us, as well as other hats about a year ago.

http://www.lockhatters.co.uk/mens/casual-hats-caps/cashmere-ski-hat.html

Many thanks,

HANNAH RIGBY

MARKETING & PR MANAGER

Lock & Co. Hatters

6 St. James’s Street

London

SW1A 1EF

T. +44 20 7930 8874

hannah@lockhatters.co.uk

www.lockhatters.co.uk
    Also, Locke goes on to say that their hat fits like a skull cap, very tight with no slouch...this conflicts with what we see on film...also, there is that center ridge on the Locke that I don't see on film...
    edited December 2015
    Ah, and just received an email back from the same person...they sold three hats to costume department, only one was a navy beanie. And she goes on to say that their hat has no identifying marks on outside so MAYBE its theirs?

Sigh....one navy beanie...I would think that production MIGHT need a few more....and the assumption and speculation that it's theirs from their head of PR is loose to say the least...regardless, I have let them know that Bond stylist cost asst. said Acne, so will see where Lock takes it...

Also, just to be totally anal, I put this picture together....Lock on the left and Acne on the right...your honor, I rest my case...

Beanie_debate.jpg
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Ah, and just received an email back from the same person...they sold three hats to costume department, only one was a navy beanie. And she goes on to say that their hat has no identifying marks on outside so MAYBE its theirs?

Sigh....one navy beanie...I would think that production MIGHT need a few more....and the assumption and speculation that it's theirs from their head of PR is loose to say the least...regardless, I have let them know that Bond stylist cost asst. said Acne, so will see where Lock takes it...

Also, just to be totally anal, I put this picture together....Lock on the left and Acne on the right...your honor, I rest my case...

Beanie_debate.jpg

David, seems entirely possible that they bought several and tried them while filming, only to choose the Acne on the go (based on your photographic evidence).
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
    Totally agree!
    The Mantis wrote:

Beanie_debate.jpg

David, seems entirely possible that they bought several and tried them while filming, only to choose the Acne on the go (based on your photographic evidence).
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Based on David's picture, I'd say definitely not Lock. The pattern is totally wrong.
    But am also not convinced by the Acne either. There's is 'scrunched' at the top and has a very clear edging to the fold up band. Neither of which are visible on Bond's hat.

For the time being, I'll stick with my £8.50 M&S Beanie... B-)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    I think the "scrunch" is clearly visible on DC. The trim not so sure about, maybe HD will help next year
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Just to add something to the mix...

I recently bought a John Smedley beanie that another member flagged up on sale. Now I'm NOT suggesting it is a candidate for the SA beanie we are seeking here. But what is does have is two permanent folds in it as part of the wool weave. I'll try and snap a pic later to show what I mean.

Looking at that pic of DC wearing the hat and the way it has extra length at the top, it's hard to tell from the pic, but perhaps that line around the hat a couple of inches from the bottom is not the end of the hat folded up, but rather a weaved in fold and the beanie DC is wearing hasn't been turned up at all...

Also look at this pic from the Acne website, the top looks more like the one DC is wearing and it appears from the pic that the Acne beanie has a weaved in fold too. Can anyone who has one confirm this??
    image.jpg
  • crt007crt007 Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    If you are looking for a close budget beanie. Uniqlo has one for sale for $10.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/heattech-knitted-cap-153715.html#69~/women/accessories/hats-gloves-and-scarves/hats/~

Screen_Shot_2015_12_03_at_10_10_35_AM.jpg
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Just thought I'd share this.
    After several weeks I finally got a company to ship the Canada goose spectre jacket to the uk.
    Only 2 companies were willing to do it or stocked the right one - mr porter and Harrods.
    Not the SA colour that's sold out everywhere but well happy with this blue.

What do you guys think ?

image.jpg
    007 reporting for duty
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    After several weeks I finally got a company to ship the Canada goose spectre jacket to the uk.
    Only 2 companies were willing to do it or stocked the right one - mr porter and Harrods.

What do you guys think ?

image.jpg

Chris, lovely colour

But I thought I read where Can Goose was rereleasing the Lodge Hoody in the press launch colour again. Sure Snow and Rock are advertising it at £475???

M
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • ArcherrArcherr Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    drum007 wrote:
    Couldn't be happier about the Banana Republic "Solden" Jacket budget alternative. Currently 50% off in stores. I paid around $87.50. This is a large and fits pretty true to size. The medium was a bit too tight.
    image.jpg

That is really awesome. Sadly, I find myself in Spain and get one here. Just in case I find a way, what size are you? I'm not sure what to get despite being true to size. I appreciate any light you shed on this.
    Thanks.
    well your probably right but I reckon the time it takes to restock , winter be over and i couldn't get anything confirmed
    should of known Harrods would be £75 more :( , at least i got 10% off
    if anyone is thinking about getting one , don't hesitate its amazing. well chuffed on that score :)
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

What do you guys think ?

image.jpg

Chris, lovely colour

But I thought I read where Can Goose was rereleasing the Lodge Hoody in the press launch colour again. Sure Snow and Rock are advertising it at £475???

M
    007 reporting for duty
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    edited December 2015
    well your probably right but I reckon the time it takes to restock , winter be over and i couldn't get anything confirmed
    should of known Harrods would be £75 more :( , at least i got 10% off
    if anyone is thinking about getting one , don't hesitate its amazing. well chuffed on that score :)
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

What do you guys think ?

image.jpg

Chris, lovely colour

M

Found mine last Feb in a Sports Boutique opposite the Chalet we were in on Zermatt high street. -25 on a night and only needed a tee shirt underneath. Amazing quality and warmth for such a light packable jacket! Well worth the money!
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    well cool , Nice story M , you've cheered me up
    Thankfully North somerset doesn't get that cold but I've put it to the test tonight in the wind and pissing rain , came out with flying colours :)
    007 reporting for duty
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    well cool , Nice story M , you've cheered me up
    Thankfully North somerset doesn't get that cold but I've put it to the test tonight in the wind and pissing rain , came out with flying colours :)

It's a fantastic jacket, probably the warmest I've ever owned. Well worth the price.
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    What was the colour of the original press lounge jacket? Was it. It blue as well? Can somebody post another picture? Maybe?
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    edited December 2015
    Friedl41 wrote:
    What was the colour of the original press lounge jacket? Was it. It blue as well? Can somebody post another picture? Maybe?

This one?

150107_daniel_craig_jacket_in_solden.jpg

The colour is called Spirit. It's sold out online in all sizes for the hoody (XS only) and non-hoody versions. Good luck finding one in a store. I went to 5 different stores in my area and looked online with 4 retailers and nobody has one in this colour.

I ended up getting the PBI Blue in XL and it's a great jacket. I wish it was the darker blue but I'll take it.

5055_MPB_64.jpg
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    Cool. Thanks
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    Friedl41 wrote:

This one?

The colour is called Spirit. It's sold out online in all sizes for the hoody (XS only) and non-hoody versions. Good luck finding one in a store. I went to 5 different stores in my area and looked online with 4 retailers and nobody has one in this colour.

I ended up getting the PBI Blue in XL and it's a great jacket. I wish it was the darker blue but I'll take it.

5055_MPB_64.jpg

They have it for sale in size S and XL on www.consortium.co.uk for 450gbp
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    Friedl41 wrote:

This one?

5055_MPB_64.jpg

That's quite expensive no? That translates to roughly $900 CDN and I bought mine direct from CG for $575 CDN.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    sunny01 wrote:

This one?

5055_MPB_64.jpg

That's quite expensive no? That translates to roughly $900 CDN and I bought mine direct from CG for $575 CDN.

That's rip off Britain for you!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:

This one?

5055_MPB_64.jpg

I jumped last season and got the jacket in Spirit Blue for $500, but within a month I saw retailers selling it closer to 1000.

It's amazingly warm. Love it.
  • KhaineKhaine Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    So I just received my matchless jacket (thanks to welshboy for helping me source one). I wasn't going to get one as I wasn't impressed with the look, but was convinced by the description of others who bought one.

I have to agree with what others have said, its amazingly lightweight, and looks far better than the website would have you believe. I am really glad to have purchased it, and looks like it is worth the price.

Now I'm just waiting for my JV jacket to arrive. I got an order confirmation, just waiting for it to ship.
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    Here's a Matchless alternative from Bloomingdale's..... code SHOP25 knocks it donw to $770 before tax.......

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/theory-arvid-amorim-suede-jacket?ID=1481558&upc_ID=2572725&Quantity=1&seqNo=1&EXTRA_PARAMETER=BAG

8860546_fpx.tif?wid=550&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

Bloomingdale's also has a Moncler jacket but the discount doesn't apply...

But if you're a member of their Loyalist program you may get an additional $25 reward card per $100 spent so the Matchless alternative will have a net cost of $600.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/moncler-knit-puffer-cardigan?ID=1570795&upc_ID=2695233&Quantity=1&seqNo=2&EXTRA_PARAMETER=BAG

8957428_fpx.tif?wid=550&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
    With it being 49 degrees lately, a few people asked me if I put my Dior behind glass or in a protected shield...the answer is, hell no...the first day wearing it I was a little paranoid and nervous, but now I am much more relxed..it's an amazing daily wear...no 'garaging' this thing!

dior_selfie_001.jpg
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    With it being 49 degrees lately, a few people asked me if I put my Dior behind glass or in a protected shield...the answer is, hell no...the first day wearing it I was a little paranoid and nervous, but now I am much more relxed..it's an amazing daily wear...no 'garaging' this thing!

dior_selfie_001.jpg

Very nice David! Too good an item not to use. Looks great.
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

dior_selfie_001.jpg
    You can't live the lifestyle under glass. :D :D {[]
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    Here's a Matchless alternative from Bloomingdale's..... code SHOP25 knocks it donw to $770 before tax.......

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/theory-arvid-amorim-suede-jacket?ID=1481558&upc_ID=2572725&Quantity=1&seqNo=1&EXTRA_PARAMETER=BAG

8860546_fpx.tif?wid=550&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

Bloomingdale's also has a Moncler jacket but the discount doesn't apply...

But if you're a member of their Loyalist program you may get an additional $25 reward card per $100 spent so the Matchless alternative will have a net cost of $600.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/moncler-knit-puffer-cardigan?ID=1570795&upc_ID=2695233&Quantity=1&seqNo=2&EXTRA_PARAMETER=BAG

8957428_fpx.tif?wid=550&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

Good fine....that Matchless alternative from Theory is actually a nicer jacket IMO....much nicer colour and more versatile.