Coronavirus

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,437MI6 Agent

First time I've commented on it so I've not been riding that at all tbh

It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,509MI6 Agent

And was it a genuine mistake by Macron spreading incorrect information based on nothing but a political grievance?

Macron did more damage than any of the anti-vaxxers.

From how I understand it, Macron pumped millions of Euros into the French vaccine that the EU were mostly going to rely on, but that vaccine was abandoned.

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,407MI6 Agent
    edited March 20

EU pumped 400 Million $ into AZ in 2020.

Sanofi announced Mid December 2020 that their vaccine doesn‘t work, at a time when AZ was not even approved by the EMA.

So why would Macron burn AZ well knowing that he doesn‘t get Sanofi as an alternative.

This is all rubbish released by certain circles in the UK - I‘ll not speculate about the reasons.

A pattern of populists is always that they are create an atmosphere that they are being victimized and attacked by someone from „outside“

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 25,314Chief of Staff

No, not splitting hairs at all...was more like trying to pull your leg about this Karl fella getting it wrong - or not proven at best...especially with EMA (along with many others) saying the AZ vaccine is safe...

After Germany deciding to pause the use of the vaccine there has been an exponential rise in cases again 🙈

YNWA 97
    edited March 19

Rubbish,

The exponential rise * because of the pausing will be seen in 2 weeks.

Numbers are up because the states insisted on opening everything up 2 weeks ago while having been warned by most of the scientists - including Karl Lauterbach.

And I don‘t find it funny gleeing about rising numbers.

How would you feel if I‘d have done that

*if any - AZ vaccinations are relatively low here because AZ supplies low against the contract that they have with us while fully supplying the UK still.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,108MI6 Agent

A guy I talked to last night has found the ultimate self-isolating sceme. Today he's checking into a hotel for testing and quaratene. Then he's going on the island of Jan Mayen in the Svalbard/Spitsbergen islands in the Arctic with a couple of dozen people on a metherogical/surveilance station - for six months! Obviously no corona restrictions aply there. That's extreme measures!

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 6,763MI6 Agent

That’s crazy. I think I’d rather get Corona again.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

He's been there before, he even spent time in the research station in Antarctica. I was "a bit" inaccurate in my previous post.

Jan Mayen is not a part of Svalbard. The island is roughly midway between Norway and Grenland, or midway between Iceland and Svalbard. There are 18 people station ed there for six months at the time. Most work for the Meterological Institute, but a few work for the Cyber Defence.

Glee in rising numbers?

Who are you aiming that at?

Obviously not me because I clearly didn’t, anyone can see that.

YNWA 97
    edited March 20

So why posting 🙈

Perhaps the two of you should enter sone kind of quaratine for a while? 🤔

Your post makes no sense 🤷🏻‍♂️

I understand that’s usual though 👀

YNWA 97

Quarantine for what exactly? 🤷🏻‍♂️

YNWA 97

Maybe I overreacted, but it sounded like the two of you needed a cooling down period. Perhaps I've just gotten too jumpy?

I think you did - certainly from my point of view anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m perfectly fine...and I’m not even arguing, or even being contradictory...🙈

Im just perplexed as to why Higgins accused me of taking glee in rising coronavirus numbers - when it’s obvious I clearly didn’t 🙄 I assumed we were having a grown up conversation 🤷🏻‍♂️

YNWA 97

The UK managed a record breaking day of vaccines administered yesterday. 844,285 in one day.

That means nearly 27 million people in the UK have been vaccinated.

When I went for mine the organisation was phenomenal.

I concur on the organisation...It was less than 5 mins from going in to going out after the vaccination 👏🏻

YNWA 97
    edited March 21

You are perplexed?

Well, you are just ignorant enough to realize that adding that 🙈 emoji turned your post into the direction of glee and schadenfreude which was totally inappropriate!

Not that I have expected that you reflect for one second that you could have done something wrong!

So much about the „grown up conversation“.

And just incase that Barbel says „ all too personal - guys“ - Sir Miles is not able to stop picking on and on when he thinks that he has something where he can put a lever on.

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 6,763MI6 Agent
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Southafrica is selling 1 Million Doses of AZ because it is not working against the variant B.1.351

Everything from the stewards in the car park to the people wiping down the seats. All volunteers and all spot on.

Everyone in my immediate circle has been vaccinated. It's such a relief.

Two "fun" facts:

- Yesterday the UK vaccinated more people than Norway has managed to vaccinate in total.

- The US now has a slightly lover number of infected per million than Norway has.

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 9,197MI6 Agent

This new website is doing nothing for our stress levels.

It's hard to tell what the emoticons are.

And this picture attached I put up for a laugh but didn't send some days ago. Now I can't get rid of it.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 31,519Chief of Staff

Thank you, I concur.

I also concur with NP (and Lady Rose) in a different thread. Hopefully we all get used to it in time.

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,218MI6 Agent

I had mine on Thursday (had a rough couple of days afterwards but much better now). The organisation was fantastic, from the initial online booking to the volunteers and procedures, and everyone was very cheery.

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

C&D

which vaccine have you received?

edited March 22

Now this I find funny 🤣 talk about totally missing the point 🙄

In the Kingdom of the blind the one-eyed man is King 🤴

Asp9mm - I hear ya 🍸

YNWA 97

Yes it is, but has been widely criticized for this move, as the vaccine still reduces severe illness. The who has some interesting info on the efficacy of the various vaccines against new variants. There advice was that the AZ should still be used in South Africa.

No, the EU made an advanced payment for it's vaccine to help supply, 3 months after the UK had signed it's supply contracts, contracts that do not state specific amounts on specific dates.

Macron gave Sanofi tax breaks worth 200 million euros to help them produce a vaccine last year, after the EU had ordered 300 million doses that never came to fruition and before the vaccine was they were working on was abandoned, they are reported to be working on a further vaccine that could be available later this year.

This discussion has been closed.