NTTD garage scene, jeans identification

Comments

• FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent

I do love the detective work and the enthusiasm for identifying ‘screen accurate’…but we are talking about a 3 year old pair of jeans here that may, or may not, still be available. Never mind whether the cut or style would suit an individual’s body type?? And at the end of the day…it is just a pair of jeans.

Don’t get me wrong, I think its great to identify SA pieces - but with jeans, it doesn’t feel, in any way, that they are that important to buy SA.

Suits? Sure. Jackets - that have there own, distinctive cut / identify? Sure, I get why you would want those to be SA. But jeans in the right kinda colour and a fit that suits you, rather than DC… is it really that important to know the minutiae of the jean so you can buy it?

I’ve got great selvedge jeans in the wardrobe already. Whenever/wherever/whoever these get identified as, I think I can live without any more.

Just sayin…

Yes. Considerably.
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent

How does the Weird Guy fit in the 11oz Stretch Selvedge? I'm a 31 in some pants and a 32 in others. 32 I usually do if the thighs are slimmer and I need a bit more room. Trying to see if I do decide to go with these jeans, should I get 31 or 32. Thanks!

Holden

"I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

I have larger thighs and I felt my normal size of 34 was just fine for me, but we all have different comfort levels. Hope that helps some.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,330MI6 Agent

Just bought a pair - the size chart is confusing and misleading! I do not think these run large.

• Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent

The added stretch even at just the 2% can go a much longer way with denim fit. Size charts can be so frustrating as they often dont take into account the elasticity and stretch. Hope you’re able to make em work!

• goneontheroadgoneontheroad Posts: 168MI6 Agent

I just received the 12.5 ozs weird guy in a 33. No selvedge edge on the coin pocket. A day later, I found the 11 ozs in my size, 32, and was waiting for them to arrive before I tried either on. I ended up getting them from Tate + Yoko. Returns don’t sound promising. We’ll see when the others arrive. I have a lot of denim that, well, a lot of other people on here well know, so I’ll chime in sizing advice as soon as I can.

• otacon 01otacon 01 Posts: 74MI6 Agent

I like it for the nerdiness of it all, but I have to agree more or less, despite being a denimhead myself. I remember people saying essentially what you said way back regarding Craig's jeans in Layer Cake, funnily enough.

I find this one to be pretty silly in particular because we still don't have any actual confirmation--just a best-guess based on currently available stock (which isn't necessarily reflective of what was available three years ago).

Oh well. On the plus side, a lot more people who never would've bought N&F are probably buying their first Japanese denim, so that's kinda cool. I'm probably going to forego these particular ones as I generally try to avoid stretch denim.

• DontCallMeJrDontCallMeJr Posts: 19MI6 Agent

I just ordered a pair of 33 from Franklin Road. I'm typically a 34, only because most jeans don't make a 33. So hopefully they are perfect. Anyone know the actual length on them?

The ones I tried on were a 33 or 34. I didn’t measure them though. They rolled up a couple times like you’d want with selvedge jeans.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent

I picked up a pair of the weird guy fit in dark raw selvedge... came in yesterday... excellent fit and the material is incredibly soft... feel like sweat pants.... up until now I lived in my scotch & soda or Ted Baker jeans.. but these are my new go to... highly recommend

I bought a pair today, used and at a deep discount off Poshmark. When I get them in I’ll post about them.

@MFisher Would you mind posting a couple photos of your pair?

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

Just for reference, then you will buy the style that suits you most.

I've received confirmation from my contact at Naked and Famous that the jeans purchased for Mr. Craig back in 2019 were actually the Stretch Selvedge in 'Weird guy' fit.

Mystery solved

• cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent

So just being pedantic… is that the 11oz Stretch, which currently has the white selvedge seam on the coin pocket or the Standard Stretch (12.5oz) where the current season version does not, at least in versions I’ve found. ( The white on the coin pocket, I believe, is very very briefly discernible in the film!). If it’s the Stretch… then can N&F confirm that it did have the white seam on coin pocket in 2019 season???!

12.5oz

As for the white thing, their models change a lot from one season to another and even the same jeans are crafted from different bolts of fabric. Can't remember, though there could have been

@Mattia De Varti as always coming in hot with the final word on what the item is/was. Outstanding work as always!

Thanks so much. Really appreciated.

In fact we were almost certain, but some research had to be done to be precisely confirmed.

Hope you're able to grab a pair since I think they'll sell fast!

• NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent

if someone knows an european based stockists who sells those that model I would be really grateful, ty

• MyselfMyself Posts: 64MI6 Agent

This retailer in Zurich, Switzerland have it in stock.

Please be aware even if shown differently on the images they don’t have the withe editing on the coin pocket.

• 405405 Posts: 119MI6 Agent

I have a pair of 12.5oz stretch selvedge on the way and should be able to comment on sizing soon.

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent

Looks like 11's

All the 12.5 pics show no coin pocket white detail

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent

SA or not, filters maybe, old models etc . But the 11oz I rec'd are spot on for details, coin pocket, denim colour and badge colour....

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

The 12.5oz are actually the model used. The white piping on coins pocket is gone but the fabric and the back leather patch match the screen used pair.

I was told it's THIS model

The gentleman linked to 11 oz so that's what I was commenting on - these re 11 oz as was his link.

• singhammersinghammer Posts: 108MI6 Agent

So one has to decide, wrong fabric or missing pocket edge 😁

It's interesting to note that a mere four days ago, the guy from Naked & Famous said he wasn't sure they were his jeans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9qLVZm3Y5M

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

He's probably seen the movie by now. It also sounds like they found the sales records.