Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    My advice: Don't sweat it. We are all just victims of the wait between Bond films, the uncertainty of who will be Bond and the absence of any real news. It is during these difficult times that our minds begin to wonder, and become clouded with the worst possible scenarios. James Bond will return in .......?
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Just to add to the mix (why not, right) I have heard that a Craig announcement will be coming beginning of August tied to a distribution company announcement.
    That's great news!
    I had a feeling there might be some kind of announcement before the Logan Lucky interviews to make life a bit easier for Craig.
    As for Eon selling their rights to Bond? never.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    A must watch for consideration of who will play James Bond...seems Craig is really vying for the role! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZSxBSP8EqM

:)) {[]
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    I suppose this deafening silence could well presage major changes. I think it will be struggle to stifle a yawn if DC does do his one last 'only for the money' Bond. After all this time and speculation it will seem a bit 'meh' in a way that it wouldn't otherwise.If we had an unequivocal and enthusiastic 'I'm in' all would have been fine, but now not so much. However if he is back I'm convinced that he would give it his all to make it a fitting Swansong (pun entirely intended) as he is supremely professional.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,590Chief of Staff
    ToTheRight wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:
    Just to add to the mix (why not, right) I have heard that a Craig announcement will be coming beginning of August tied to a distribution company announcement.
    Certainly about time for some GOOD Bond news. Great to hear!

It's not really 'good' news though, is it? A one picture deal and everyone is done...I don't find that 'good news' at all :# sorry...
    YNWA 97
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Just throwing this out there, and very likely to be wrong, but do you think they're planning on killing off James Bond in 25? Which is a big reason why they want Craig to return for one more? :o

Then they could commence with their silly idea of a brand new series of films starring the female lead, purely to try and fit in with all the PC sheep.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Jarvio wrote:
    Just throwing this out there, and very likely to be wrong, but do you think they're planning on killing off James Bond in 25? Which is a big reason why they want Craig to return for one more? :o

It's something DC has wanted to do...it wouldn't shock me if they did.
    Jarvio wrote:
    Then they could commence with their silly idea of a brand new series of films starring the female lead, purely to try and fit in with all the PC sheep.

Please don't joke about that :o :D
    YNWA 97
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    The idea of a Logan-style movie is pretty great. Firstly it will be fresh for the franchise and secondly it will actually end the character's arc for the first time since 1962.

How about an R-rated Bond? :)) I know it's unreal but to be honest, the "CR" novel was pretty brutal and erotic so I wonder how it would work on a big screen.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Very 'outside the box' discussion here B-) But the fable of the goose and the golden egg comes to mind...I could certainly envision it happening just prior to the expiration of the copyright, however -{
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Sir Miles wrote:
    ToTheRight wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:
    Certainly about time for some GOOD Bond news. Great to hear!

It's not really 'good' news though, is it? A one picture deal and everyone is done...I don't find that 'good news' at all :# sorry...

I'm conflicted. New beginnings are interesting, but endings are sad. Nothing is known (by us Muggles) for certain but the game does indeed seem to be "afoot "
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    A nice compromise would be to end it like the YOLT novel - the first true cliffhanger ending in franchise history. Then #26 features Hiddleston (or whomever) in an organic 'soft reboot.'
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    What they could do is to make it look like Bond dies at the end of the movie. Pretending Bond dies in the PTS has been done several times, but they can do it between movies.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,945MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    What they could do is to make it look like Bond dies at the end of the movie. Pretending Bond dies in the PTS has been done several times, but they can do it between movies.
    use the midcredit/postcredit teaser trick they now do in all the Marvel Comics films
    film proper ends with Dr Shatterhand's castle exploding, Bond apparently caught in the blast
    followed by solemn scene of M and the gang, and maybe some politicos, at the funeral
    credits roll
    credits end
    surprise reveal of amnesiac Bond living in paradise, eating oysters, in the Village of the Topless Diving Girls, for those who patiently sat through the credits
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    I've written this before but you could have Craig's Bond die at the end of the movie and then start the PTS of the next Bond film with a 6-2, dark haired, handsome, cleft-chinned guy in bed with a beautiful blonde. The guy awakens with a shriek. The blonde asks him what's wrong.

"I dreamed that I died," the man says.

"That's terrible, James," she coos.

"What's worse, I was short, ugly, and none of my suits fit correctly."

"Oh, my!"

And you're off and running on the reboot.
    Number24 wrote:
    use the midcredit/postcredit teaser trick they now do in all the Marvel Comics films
    film proper ends with Dr Shatterhand's castle exploding, Bond apparently caught in the blast
    followed by solemn scene of M and the gang, and maybe some politicos, at the funeral
    credits roll

credits end
    surprise reveal of amnesiac Bond living in paradise, eating oysters, in the Village of the Topless Diving Girls, for those who patiently sat through the credits

I like it :007)
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:

In a word....no
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Or he can simply "die" at the very end of a movie, just to meet him again in the next one with some explaination of how he survived. Just a thought worth considering, I'm not sure myself how I'd react if they really did it.
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    I think the "Logan" ending would be a great idea to end the Craig era. Additionally if that were to happen there wouldn't be a mystery at the end of the film if he were going to do another.

Best,
    Stefan
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    I hope they leave the YOLT stuff alone for now. I can't imagine them doing it properly at this point. I would give Nolan the opportunity to use that material with a new Bond.
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    zaphod99 wrote:
    I suppose this deafening silence could well presage major changes. I think it will be struggle to stifle a yawn if DC does do his one last 'only for the money' Bond. After all this time and speculation it will seem a bit 'meh' in a way that it wouldn't otherwise.If we had an unequivocal and enthusiastic 'I'm in' all would have been fine, but now not so much. However if he is back I'm convinced that he would give it his all to make it a fitting Swansong (pun entirely intended) as he is supremely professional.

'Skyfall' was Bond's childhood home.

'Swansong' was Bond's childhood duck pond.

:D
    They may as well bill #25 as Craig's swan song up front, and milk the publicity for all it's worth.
    They may as well bill #25 as Craig's swan song up front, and milk the publicity for all it's worth.

They won't need to 'milk it' for that reason...
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:

Granted, but IMO they should, and maximize the opportunity to tell a story that dovetails. Just one fan's opinion, naturally - they have their script, and as always will do what they do.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    So Craig is coming back for one more. I wonder if Waltz is coming back for one more to?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Mr Martini wrote:
    So Craig is coming back for one more. I wonder if Waltz is coming back for one more to?

Jeez Loiuse I hope not. That would most likely mean a continuation of that hokey storyline. I can't think of a more talented actor squandered in the series so far (unless you know different...)
    Sir Miles wrote:

Granted, but IMO they should, and maximize the opportunity to tell a story that dovetails. Just one fan's opinion, naturally - they have their script, and as always will do what they do.

What I meant was that there are 'stronger' reasons, publicity wise, to 'milk it'... -{
    YNWA 97
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    I've written this before but you could have Craig's Bond die at the end of the movie and then start the PTS of the next Bond film with a 6-2, dark haired, handsome, cleft-chinned guy in bed with a beautiful blonde. The guy awakens with a shriek. The blonde asks him what's wrong.

"Oh, my!"

If done well, it could work...
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    Gala Brand wrote:

"Oh, my!"

If done well, it could work...

I think Bob Newhart is too old for James Bond :p

(I'm not sure if people outside of America would get this)
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    :)) -{
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    I hope not, Waltz is a fine actor but his Blofeld left little to no impact on the audience so its best they come up with an original villain now and ditch the SP storyline.
This discussion has been closed.