Danny Boyle has left Bond25 over 'creative differences'

18910111214»

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 17,920MI6 Agent
    I think we are more in agreement now. :)
    I'm one of many who wants to see the Garden of Death in a movie.
    I would also like to see a version of the brainwashed 00-agent who trives to kill M at the start of LALD.
    But I want one of the other 00-agents to be brainwashed and Bond to save him in the PTS. Now that M is Ex-SAS and Moneypenny was an agent the fight in M's office could be even better.
    In my opinion there are two things we should get to know within a few weeks:

- Who is the new director?

- What script will be used?
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,581MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    In my opinion there are two things we should get to know within a few weeks:

- Who is the new director?

- What script will be used?

Historically, it is not without precedent that Bond films borrowed unused material from previous script drafts, other submitted scripts and of course unused material from Fleming. It would not surprise me if this was the case with Bond 25. I have a feeling that if EON
    liked Boyle's basic idea and Hodge's draft that much to begin with they more than likely will use it as the basis for Bond 25. It could turn out for the best....maybe. Let's assume that Boyle's idea and Hodge's script were fresh and original with a nice dose of Fleming (based upon Boyle's professed love of the novels) but lacking in the action that today's cinematic Bond requires. If EON can punch up the action without straying too far from Hodge/Boyle and get the right director on board we might have the potential for another CR or Skyfall quality film.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,147MI6 Agent
    P&W are good at scripting action scenes. A Hodge and Boyle script augmented with P&W action scenes could be a winner. Or it could be a Frankenstein's monster of mis-matched components as Specter was.
    MI6community's Bond25 production diary thread is closed. Is this a bad sign? :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    First sign of the apocalypse ? :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Possibly. It could be a really good sign or really bad sign for Bond25. It's definately not a an average sign....
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 232MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Possibly. It could be a really good sign or really bad sign for Bond25. It's definately not a an average sign....

Things got out of hand, it will be back in a few days.
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
    Shouldn't think there was enough Bond25 news to do that?
    That's the difference between the two forums - things NEVER get out of hand here ;)
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,435MI6 Agent
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 232MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Shouldn't think there was enough Bond25 news to do that?
    That's the difference between the two forums - things NEVER get out of hand here ;)

It was the lack of.
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
    Chriscoop wrote:

The Craig is back-thread has a link to the original The Local article, but for some reason there was little discussion. A Russian or an Arab villain seem to be over-used, but a Russian doesn't have to be an extreme nationalist or secret agent and an Arab doesn't have to be a jihadist. I don't think Hodge went in such an obvious direction.
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 962MI6 Agent
    The thread got closed because of a few clowns spouting their nonsensical opinions, not because of lack of news, or the state of production. And, of course, as soon as it closed, the above discussion-worthy news came in...
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    My comments about MI6community were ment to be a little bit funny. I think what Said Taghmaui said was very interesting and worthy of some discussion even if he doesn't get cast.
    "clowns spouting their nonsensical opinions " :)) one of the
    Reasons, I no longer even visit the MI6 Forum. Too many
    Clowns who know everything.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 962MI6 Agent
    TP, sorry to see you leave. I enjoyed your contributions there. (member 'QBranch' here).
    Number24 wrote:
    I think what Said Taghmaui said was very interesting and worthy of some discussion even if he doesn't get cast.
    Agreed, it's quite interesting news, even if I haven't seen the actor's work. Surprised there wasn't more discussion about it on the forums. Which way do they go? Russian or Middle Eastern? They could always pull a TLD, and have both. I'm excited for any of those outcomes, but most of all, I'd love a return to the Cold War-style Bond film again.
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,345MI6 Agent
    Red_Snow wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Things got out of hand, it will be back in a few days.

In what way?
    The casting call from when Boyle was still the director was for a Russian villan. Later he must have changed it to be an Arab character and cast Said Taghmaui. Now EON are uncertain if they want to stay with Taghmaui or change the character back to being a Russian, possibly played by Polish Thomasz Kot or an actor from Finland.
    Does that sound reasonable?
  • MarkOOMarkMarkOOMark Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Too many
    Clowns who know everything.

Unlike here, which is clowns who know nothing :))

Joking of course :D I've never been to the 'other place' .... As for any info, I take everything with a large pinch of salt (hence, my high blood pressure) and await some solid news from the horses mouth..... soon please!
    Agreed -{ this no news thing is terrible. :#
    Number24 wrote:
    The casting call from when Boyle was still the director was for a Russian villan. Later he must have changed it to be an Arab character and cast Said Taghmaui. Now EON are uncertain if they want to stay with Taghmaui or change the character back to being a Russian, possibly played by Polish Thomasz Kot or an actor from Finland.

Not worth talking about? (he said self-pityingly)
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,581MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Not worth talking about? (he said self-pityingly)

I think that the big questions on everyone's minds right now is who the director is going to be, will the release date be delayed, and is the Hodge script w/ rewrites the script? Once EON officially makes an announcement I think there will be much more interest regarding casting, etc and what the plot is.
    I still think this is interesting. If they og for an Arab villan, will the female Russian character change nationality too? Getting an Arab woman to play a Bond girl might be difficult, even though Lebanon and Saudi Arabia offer very different work conditions for actresses.